OT: BC vs Clemson

Any given Saturday... teams look great one week and look horrible the next.

22 years ago I sat in the OB vs UCLA expecting us to get our *** kicked for the 2nd straight week...and im sure UCLA thought the same thing

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think that’s premature. BC looks good, but let’s evaluate them at the end of the year. They did get destroyed by Va. Tech and needed a comeback to beat Texas State.
They look good af with a 1st time HC, 1st season. Do you remember how we looked under Manny 1st season?
If he’s a good recruiter, they could be building something good up there.

Win the whole thing.
This is all that the rational people here ask for and this is and has been the problem. Most of us get that we’re not hiring Urban Meyer. No one can convince us that we shouldn’t be able to hire what Boston College hires. Or what Iowa State hires. Yet here we are.

Virginia Tech was competitive for years with Beamer & Foster and without our recruiting advantages. Just take a competent, fundamentally sound, no-frills coaching staff and put them here and it’s a different day.

Advertisement
See here’s what people here don’t understand.

Jurkovic will get drafted in the NFL, and is a better NFL QB prospect than King.

The TE for BC will get drafted higher than Brevin Jordan, and will be 1st team ALL ACC.

The OL for BC was picked by many to have the best OL in the ACC.

Flowers is better than any WR Miami has. Clemson is without Lawrence, without their best DT Tyler Davis, Their best LB and leader on defense was Jamie Skalski he is out, and both starting CB’s are out.

Clemson is a shell of the team we played, and BC is much better than most realize.

Any given Saturday... teams look great one week and look horrible the next.

22 years ago I sat in the OB vs UCLA expecting us to get our *** kicked for the 2nd straight week...and im sure UCLA thought the same thing

People forget a hurricane postponed that game and pushed it to end of season, might’ve been a different outcome if we played in the beginning of the season

I’m sure @caneinorlando could attest to that

bc o line is way better ours, clemson attacked our weakness which was our o line. bc dosnt have the depth, still taking clemson to walk away in the 4th

Advertisement
Advertisement
They look good af with a 1st time HC, 1st season. Do you remember how we looked under Manny 1st season?
If he’s a good recruiter, they could be building something good up there.
The problem is, at the end of the day, it’s still Boston College. Steve Adazio looked good his first year, too.

I think that’s premature. BC looks good, but let’s evaluate them at the end of the year. They did get destroyed by Va. Tech and needed a comeback to beat Texas State.
They’ve already out performed our performance against Clemson. I have a feeling I’m going to just get ****ed off if I continue to watch a competent staff on a team that has more excuses than we do, if needed.

This is all that the rational people here ask for and this is and has been the problem. Most of us get that we’re not hiring Urban Meyer. No one can convince us that we shouldn’t be able to hire what Boston College hires. Or what Iowa State hires. Yet here we are.

Virginia Tech was competitive for years with Beamer & Foster and without our recruiting advantages. Just take a competent, fundamentally sound, no-frills coaching staff and put them here and it’s a different day.
bj.jpg

Advertisement
Back