OT: Baylor and Tennessee should schedule a Home-N-Home

Advertisement
I don't understand why the investigation of rapes is left to a school and not the police/DA. Makes no sense.

Won't matter. If the school doesn't have Miami in the name, people will determine it was simply a mistake in management on the school's part.

I don't understand why the investigation of rapes is left to a school and not the police/DA. Makes no sense.

A lot of schools have their own police departments but I am not sure how their jurisdictions work. I doubt campus police are anything more than private security.

One issue is not wanting negative press. Schools like FSU are football factories and their local economies thrive on home games. Regardless of how you view the Winston case there can be no doubt the Tallahassee PD badly mishandled the case.

Schools need to take these cases seriously. Rapes and sexual assault are serious crimes yet some people place more value on winning a game.

Last edited:
I still think WHEN the federal government gets involved, FSU is going to sink into oblivion. Or Bolivia. That whole town is completely corrupt.

Advertisement

A lot of schools have their own police departments but I am not sure how their jurisdictions work. I doubt campus police are anything more than private security.

One issue is not wanting negative press. Schools like FSU are football factories and their local economies thrive on home games. Regardless of how you view the Winston case there can be no doubt the Tallahassee PD badly mishandled the case.

Schools need to take these cases seriously. Rapes and sexual assault are serious crimes yet some people place more value on winning a game.

Campus police typically are the same as any other officer, having the same power, etc. Their jurisdiction is the campus and sometimes surrounding areas. When they arrest someone, the offender is typically taken to that towns police station and booked there. Court proceedings work the same as well, with the local courts being used.

Baylor should seek immediate admittance to the SEC if it wants these problems to eventually be "forgotten" about.

Advertisement

Campus police typically are the same as any other officer, having the same power, etc. Their jurisdiction is the campus and sometimes surrounding areas. When they arrest someone, the offender is typically taken to that towns police station and booked there. Court proceedings work the same as well, with the local courts being used.

These he said she said cases are usually dealt with in school run hearings, with different proof requirements. Oftentimes
The harshest penalty is expulsion. As per title IX.

Advertisement
How quickly we forget about JaWand Blue and Alex Figueroa.

This a serious post?

Is this? Sexual assault happens on every campus in the country. It's a sad reality that if you were the victim isn't a laughing matter at all. To think Miami, FIU, Alabama, or Harvard is above it is senseless. If you want to joke about having a ballgame between schools with the issue, then we could probably field a march madness bracket.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back