OT- Bags

Advertisement
Can’t wait for the day Baga goes down.

While that would suit the agenda of Canes fans, do note two things.
1) The story implicates Adidas officials are involved in swaying recruits to its collegiate affliliates, one of them being Miami.
2) Alabama is the epitome of this crooked system, and much like the parasitic organism that houses itself in the mouth of a certain fish which name I cannot recall, after a while the parasite takes the place of a vital part of the fish and thus the fish needs the parasite just as much as the parasite needs the fish. This is the reality of College football. Recruits WILL get paid.

I would love to know exactly how much Baga pays a year for recruits/ current players. Has to be in the millions

Imagine the amount of cover-ups and looking the other way that is done. You could probably make a Mafia styled movie with the actions of those involved. But it is the cost of doing business. Look at Ohio State, a university of higher learning has a board of directors. They have a CEO, a CFO, as well as business constituents, lawyers, etc. Decisions aren't made by a headmaster who is the most meritorious, but by suits with degrees in finance, law, and political science. So a decision regarding ethical and legal behaviors was decided by individuals who have a financial stake in the outcome. Its a business and Alabama is the biggest business college football has to offer.

Advertisement
Imagine the amount of cover-ups and looking the other way that is done. You could probably make a Mafia styled movie with the actions of those involved. But it is the cost of doing business. Look at Ohio State, a university of higher learning has a board of directors. They have a CEO, a CFO, as well as business constituents, lawyers, etc. Decisions aren't made by a headmaster who is the most meritorious, but by suits with degrees in finance, law, and political science. So a decision regarding ethical and legal behaviors was decided by individuals who have a financial stake in the outcome. Its a business and Alabama is the biggest business college football has to offer.

Dude this is a football board , you are making this way more complicated then it is.

Bags have become the stepping stone for agent representation down the road. Agents have more pull then any booster will ever have. Agents have more of an interest in getting kids to the “right” school in order to maximize their own earning potential down the road.

So why are all these players going to Bama then ? The Bama players bust rate in the NFL for the talent they have is pretty substantial especially for RB’s.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It's just a simple progression...the state of Alabama has a VERY crooked political system, you have to believe that BROKEN system has spilled over to Alabama/Auburn sports.

So why are all these players going to Bama then ? The Bama players bust rate in the NFL for the talent they have is pretty substantial especially for RB’s.
Maybe because the goal is to get to the league. What comes after wil be up to the individual not the college.

I guess.

Advertisement
You think there is taxes paid on the Cash they are receiving?
The first thing I do when I get 20 grand in a nike string backpack is make sure I note the income and create an I-9. On the real there is massive money laundering in elite level college athletics.

Advertisement
You’re not very smart if you think illicit benefits are being reported as income to the IRS.
Then the recipients are breaking the first rule of money laundering. I was referring to the payees tho... why is it illegal for person A to pay person B to do something.

Advertisement
Back