OT: Australian Brushfires (Hedley)

Arsonist should suffer severe consequences.
But you also need to read more.

“Police in the state have also taken legal action against a further 159 people. Among them are 53 people who allegedly failed to comply with a total fire ban and 47 people who allegedly discarded a lit cigarette or match on land.”

And

Arson is responsible for almost half the fires.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/r...s/news-story/0eebd6a2ea1a726126df38ca2ce8fb56

Advertisement
I was in Flagstaff AZ for 3 months over the summer they culled trees and did fire burns every day to protect the forest. In CA they don't do **** to prepare for the fires, dumbest alive.
Not to defend some of CA's stupid policies, but there's clearing out too much brush makes mudslides worse. They need to find a balance but that doesn't happen.

I was in Flagstaff AZ for 3 months over the summer they culled trees and did fire burns every day to protect the forest. In CA they don't do **** to prepare for the fires, dumbest alive.

You won't catch me defending municipal or state or even territorial governments in a ton of places but when it comes to the federal response that's something that needs to be universally blind (which is a topic that is obviously veering of course from the initial one here).

Precedents don't need to be set whereas a President Elizabeth "Sacagawea" Ocasio-Sanders can say f-you to Florida or Mississippi because they say those dumb racist ***** rebuilt/over-developed in flood prone areas.

I hate that this issue has deteriorated so heavily into a political debate.
Fire is a part of our country, we are just doing it wrong at the moment.

Advertisement

I can't believe I sat through 9 minutes of this English douche bag talking about crap he doesn't really understand and then spinning it into a pro-conservative argument, the same thing he was criticising other people for doing. Well done hero.
I agree about the burning off in winter and autumn, that needs to happen, and does in lots of places. But, the rest...jog on there mate.

Anybody remember the muck fires in the Everglades?

It really doesn't have to be political, much of it is just common sense. CA has horrific fires because of lack of common sense until it's too late. Other states are so on top of it you can't believe. We climbed the tallest peak in AZ this past summer 12,600 ft or so. We could see prescribed burns all around us, even effected us a few times when the wind went in our direction.

Smart people compared to not so smart people, doesn't have to be political. Just do the burns and breaks and much of the problems will be solved. I do understand OZ is a whole different ball game though. Not as many people and a **** of a lot of space. But let people do their burns to save their homes and ranches as long as they have the backing to get it out...
I 100% agree. Since white people came to Australia the number of fires has decreased by over 400%. Now when they go, they go big. It’s just a mess.

Advertisement
With Australia being devastated by brushfires, does anyone know if Hedley went home during the break? Just curious if he's back and was his family impacted.

I am wondering if we can double or even triple the amount of off topic threads??? That would be great. Because CNN isn’t enough.

I am wondering if we can double or even triple the amount of off topic threads??? That would be great. Because CNN isn’t enough.
You didn't have to click on the thread...but we have a player on our team from a country being devastated by brushfires. Just concern for him, his family and all affected. Sorry the thread was not to your likings. Go Canes!

You didn't have to click on the thread...but we have a player on our team from a country being devastated by brushfires. Just concern for him, his family and all affected. Sorry the thread was not to your likings. Go Canes!

Oh in that case since he’s from “down unda” why don’t you post even more off topic sht because you’re so sensitive and in tune. We all want to desperately hear about what’s on the local telie. Shrimp on the barbee?

more OT!!!!

Do it.

Our president said the problem in California is that they don’t know how to rake leaves as effectively as the Finnish people do. That’s the cause!

Advertisement
Oh in that case since he’s from “down unda” why don’t you post even more off topic sht because you’re so sensitive and in tune. We all want to desperately hear about what’s on the local telie. Shrimp on the barbee?

more OT!!!!

Do it.
That is how we speak, just having a barbee this arvo. Smithy and Shagger are on their way for some tinnies and snag. U keen?

I can't believe I sat through 9 minutes of this English douche bag talking about crap he doesn't really understand and then spinning it into a pro-conservative argument, the same thing he was criticising other people for doing. Well done hero.
I agree about the burning off in winter and autumn, that needs to happen, and does in lots of places. But, the rest...jog on there mate.

he's a god amongst edgelords. really rock bottom. look at his other vids where he basically calls every city a sh*thole

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back