OT: Any So Fla educators in the house?

Advertisement
Really? Charlotte pays less than desoto?? I’m shocked. Charlotte actually has a tax base beyond a bunch of cows and a few dozen meth heads who live in their own filth.

Not it doesn't I was exaggerating since this was a SFL Post. But we are ranked 50th in the state. I'm a late in life teacher with a Master's and started at $42 9 years ago - had one raise. You can make $9-12K more in Sarasota or Lee. But, I didn't get in it for the money, its my old school, late wife worked there all three sons played ball there like I did. We just voted a referendum so it will get a little better. It also worked around a windjammer business I owned up in Maine that I sailed for part of the summer. Wish I would have gotten into 15 years earlier, love it.

You a firefighter? Long family history - middle son is one.

Not it doesn't I was exaggerating since this was a SFL Post. But we are ranked 50th in the state. I'm a late in life teacher with a Master's and started at $42 9 years ago - had one raise. You can make $9-12K more in Sarasota or Lee. But, I didn't get in it for the money, its my old school, late wife worked there all three sons played ball there like I did. We just voted a referendum so it will get a little better. It also worked around a windjammer business I owned up in Maine that I sailed for part of the summer. Wish I would have gotten into 15 years earlier, love it.

You a firefighter? Long family history - middle son is one.
I am.. second career for me too. Also wish I got into it 15 years earlier, and not for the money. You’re middle son picked the best profession in the world!!

Yes, the raise should appear on the last paycheck this month. 5 %, and it's retro.

Full raise from the amendment kicks in starting in July.
5% is for the retirement not pay. Other starts Feb. 1. Your raise was 1%. Next year is a 12-22% supplement. Once they're done paying it's back to nothing. You must be a UTD hack. Ol' Carhvalo gave it to us with no Vaseline once again. Don't believe the hype.

Advertisement
I am.. second career for me too. Also wish I got into it 15 years earlier, and not for the money. You’re middle son picked the best profession in the world!!

My dad started it off in 1938 FDNY, we've have a blood line there since (Uncle, cousins). He retired to FL when I was Canes fan, he loved driving over and watching George Myra play. His ester was a **** of a medical typist, she was fastest in Miami for like a decade, and the doctor brought her with him to the Orange Bowl Committee.

I took Shipboard Firefighting at Miami/Dade back in the early 1990s for my 1600 ton Masters License.

My dad started it off in 1938 FDNY, we've have a blood line there since (Uncle, cousins). He retired to FL when I was Canes fan, he loved driving over and watching George Myra play. His ester was a **** of a medical typist, she was fastest in Miami for like a decade, and the doctor brought her with him to the Orange Bowl Committee.

I took Shipboard Firefighting at Miami/Dade back in the early 1990s for my 1600 ton Masters License.
**** that’s awesome! First generation here. Any isndide stories from the early days of the OB?

Shipboard firefighting is different for us..... eventually the fires gonna go out, so let it go lol.

Last edited:
**** that’s awesome! First generation here. Any isndide stories from the early days of the OB?Shipboard firefighting is different for us..... eventually the fires gonna go out, so let it go lol.

I wish I would have asked, I went and stayed with her for two weeks when I was 10, had a lot of fun. Thanks for saving lives!

5% is for the retirement not pay. Other starts Feb. 1. Your raise was 1%. Next year is a 12-22% supplement. Once they're done paying it's back to nothing. You must be a UTD hack. Ol' Carhvalo gave it to us with no Vaseline once again. Don't believe the hype.
If UTD wants to do something productive change Florida law and allow teachers to strike and see what happens. If you can't strike -
plain and simple you're not a union

Advertisement
If UTD wants to do something productive change Florida law and allow teachers to strike and see what happens. If you can't strike -
plain and simple you're not a union
Thanks for answering my question with the UTD talking point. I knew I was right all along.

Advertisement
Back