OT - Amazon contest winner page jack

look i hate to do this on this site because it provides so much but if you use chrome i highly recommend this extension:
uBlock Origin

it blocks ads before they even load. I typically turn it off on sites i want to support like this one

Advertisement
look i hate to do this on this site because it provides so much but if you use chrome i highly recommend this extension:
uBlock Origin

it blocks ads before they even load. I typically turn it off on sites i want to support like this one
yeah, ublock origin (and their uBlock origin extra) is the best by far. Takes up less memory and can basically replace extensions like Adblock AND Ghostery, etc. Completely blocks everything depending on the settings you choose.

Just If you want to support a site you can whitelist. Or you can just choose to block on this site but keep the specific ads on this page, while still blocking the pop ups, which seems to be the problem you guys are talking about.

It's probably because you have too much time on your hands and not enough meaningful relationships in your life.

This is a football board.

Go somewhere else for advice when your phone doesn't work.

LOL

By you inserting yourself in this thread, the concepts of self awareness and irony are lost on you.

paskudnyak (plural paskudnyaks)

Noun
From Yiddish פּאַסקודניאַק‎ (paskudnyak), traceable to Polish and Ukrainian.

1. (derogatory) A nasty or contemptible person.
2. ugly, revolting, evil person; nasty person; scoundrel; lout.

There's nothing ironic about my post.

If you want to talk about your cell phone take it to a cell phone board.

You've been warned.

It's a banner ad redirect. Almost impossible to stop on mobile browsers unless you use Chrome which blocked ads like that with an update a few months ago.
Not CIS's fault, happens with every ad network. They play whack-a-mole with spammy redirect ads.

Advertisement
It's a banner ad redirect. Almost impossible to stop on mobile browsers unless you use Chrome which blocked ads like that with an update a few months ago.
Not CIS's fault, happens with every ad network. They play whack-a-mole with spammy redirect ads.

Thanks. That makes sense since it’s on and off affecting sites everywhere. What’s kind of malicious is that when it jacks your page, and you’re at the redirected website, you can’t back out to the page you were on. So you have to close, and open a new page, renter the url, or click a saved link.

Advertisement
I generally, but not always, view these pages from an iOS device.

The last couple of days a fake Amazon contest bubble has popped up 3 or 4 times and taken over the page, redirecting me to a fake contest winner page. Necessitating me to close that page and open the real CIS page again in another window,

It’s not a permanent inconvenience but I was wondering if this has happened recently to anyone else with an iOS device. Wondering if it’s something specific to my device or maybe a site or server “attack”?

Definitely not a server attack.

Don't look at **** on your phony homie lol. Phishing sites from the sound of it.

Advertisement
Back