OT:Alabama runningbacks

DustinD28

Freshman
Eddie Lacy lost his starting spot to Starks. Lacy has been very dissapointing. Is it me, or does it seem like all these runningbacks that come from Bama haven't lived up to the hype? Richardson, Ingram,Lacy. I don't see Henry being a good NFL back. He reminds me of Richardson, don't have the moves

Advertisement
Eddie Lacy lost his starting spot to Starks. Lacy has been very dissapointing. Is it me, or does it seem like all these runningbacks that come from Bama haven't lived up to the hype? Richardson, Ingram,Lacy. I don't see Henry being a good NFL back. He reminds me of Richardson, don't have the moves

They are all huge, fully maxed out in college. On the pro level, everyone else takes steroids too. Almost all of the Bama players, except for the dude on the Falcons are NFL busts.

Advertisement
That dude on the Falcons (Julio Junes) is, pretty good...best WR in the NFL. CJ Mosley on Baltimore is good, Marcell Dareus is good, Dont'a Hightower is pretty solid, Amari Cooper and Landon Collins are having good rookie seasons, Ingraham is having a good year.

Bama's receivers seem to be doing alright, along with some of their other skill position players like Clinton-Dix and Kirkpatrick. But yeah, for most of the players that Bama puts into the NFL, a lot turn out to be busts. I think Lacy's promising, but he looks to have gained bad weight. He did pretty **** good last season. Either way, I'm not complaining as I picked up Starks on my fantasy team.

Advertisement
they are muscle bound straight line plow ahead backs thats how saban built the team to run, in the NFL you need vision the ability to cut on a dime and a great burst many times you wont have the luxury of an offensive line that's stronger than everybody you face across the board, and yes melvin gordon from wisconsin seems to fit that profile too 2.3 yards per carry is horrible

Bama's receivers seem to be doing alright, along with some of their other skill position players like Clinton-Dix and Kirkpatrick. But yeah, for most of the players that Bama puts into the NFL, a lot turn out to be busts. I think Lacy's promising, but he looks to have gained bad weight. He did pretty **** good last season. Either way, I'm not complaining as I picked up Starks on my fantasy team.

I think Kirkpatrick has been a big disappointment. Most of their defensive players are.

I think Kirkpatrick has been a big disappointment. Most of their defensive players are.

marcel dareus is a beast defensive tackle he and the receiver jones are all pro talents

marcel dareus is a beast defensive tackle he and the receiver jones are all pro talents

So one defensive guy? Three national titles in 5 year, 7 years of dominance and top classes. Not a lot in the NFL to show for it.

Advertisement
I just don't understand the continued love affair with Alabama on this site. We are Miami.

Miami Central RBs (only) recently: Davenport, McGahee, Freeman, Cook and Yearby.

Can any HS in the country match that over the same time period? No.

Miami RBs outperform Alabama RBs. Who cares about their RBs or WRs or TEs, etc....?

So one defensive guy? Three national titles in 5 year, 7 years of dominance and top classes. Not a lot in the NFL to show for it.

ok i didnt say everybody that comes out of the program is great i watch a lot of NFL and just gave credit where its due with dareus, no need to be defensive

Advertisement
As soon as Ingram shed some weight he started being more elusive. Yet he still has enough power to plow through tacklers.

Alabama backs run behind an NFL O-line against college level players. Once they are running behind an NFL O-line vs NFL defenders, it's not so easy.

Advertisement
Back