OT - Absolute Must Read

nystateofmind

Kenneth is my BFF
Say what you will about Skip Bayless, this is some incredible writing.

Last edited:

Andrew

bAndrew
Staff member
Can I get the TLDR; version?

Not reading unless there is a counterpoint piece from Stephen A Smith in all caps talking about how Skip's mom is overrated

Last edited:
Will not read unless it involves M. Richt getting fired, retiring, or making major staff changes. Other than that, don't care

In the portrait, his mom looks like one of the women from Bonanza or Gunsmoke.

Even less interesting than the bizarre Kenneth sub-plot this forum seems to enjoy.

ben

Senior
Pretty good but he spent way too much time talking about his high school sports accomplishments

LustNCanes

Perseverance
Wow amazing article and everything he went through in HIS LIFE wasn’t easy. Now I can understand him a bit better. VERY competitive and impressed how he stood up to his baseball coach at a young age. You have to stand up for yourself, because not too many will. Excellent read, & thanks for sharing.

cocanes

Freshman
Skip Bayless can go and choke on a bag of dycks.

Bayless was an excellent sportswriter for the Los Angeles Times when I was at USC in the early '80s. The journalism professors were mostly big shots in the Los Angeles media. They would refer to Bayless' columns all the time, raving about them.

The guys who earned television/radio gigs like Bayless, the Pardon The Interruption guys, and Le Batard were all top notch at newspapers. But they quickly learned that bullshitting via the spoken word is much simpler than having to be clever and interesting in print day after day. You actually have to vary your themes, vocabulary and presentation in print, otherwise it stands out as obvious. But on the air you can merely adopt the same spiel every day and occasionally alter the subject matter.

Wait a minute...
Has anyone ever seen skip Bayliss and Kenneth in the same room together?

Hmmmmm