OT: Aaron Hernandez Podcast

thisismyusername

Freshman
Not sure if other people here are talking about it, but the Boston Globe's Spotlight team is doing a podcast series on Aaron Hernandez called Gladiator. This morning's ep is all about his time in Gainesville and how Meyer covered up all of the arrests. It's pretty good if anyone is interested.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Why can't they let that dude die in peace

I actually find the context as to what made him what he was pretty interesting and hopefully helps curb something like that from happening again. Hernandez had a terrible father who abused him and his brother up until his death. Hernandez was also molested as a kid, which like most molestations, went unreported. Combine all of that trauma with a few hits to the head and you have someone who became a killer. Anyway, it's more interesting to read/listen to than another BBB thread.

Whats some other good podcast ya'll recommend as well?

Season 3 of Serial has been really good. As good, if not better than season 1. If you want comedy, I like the Monday Morning Podcast with Bill Burr, How Did This Get Made (a podcast about bad movies with Rafi and Andre from The League), I also like to listen to Lebatard which is a big no-no around here.

Advertisement
Cool. I'm kinda late to the podcast game. Didn't realize you could download them on apple to save from streaming.

Whats some other good podcast ya'll recommend as well?
JRE with Joe Rogan
Drink Champs (if you're into Hip-hop)
Team Never Quit podcast (if you like to hear stories from Spec Ops military vets)
MMA hour (if you like MMA)
The Right Time with Bomani Jones (Sports, but covers all topics as well)
Now What? With Arian Foster
And depending on what type of comedy you're into, there's a bunch of good ones too.

Dude was crazy from the beginning, and Urban Loved it!! I come from a high school in S Florida, that has sent several players to UF, UM and FSU over the years... Needless to say, once his initial arrest hit the media I would hear stories about him through the grapevine, and some I found far-fetched at the time...

Then, as I'm related to a former player for the Canes (wont say his name)... When we made the rounds on the recruiting trail to UF, I made the acquaintance of a few guys that they played with some of my friends at UF; of whom are now part of the administration there.

Because of the association, the conversations were comfortable and forthcoming. So not to write a book, here's a story that depicts the mentality and personality of the psycho named Aaron Hernandez:

I was told about this dude making it a joke about whacking off during film sessions, then chasing other guys around with the his results... Then there's him taking a crap on the trainers table. ****ing in teammates shoes, cutting himself, breaking out crying for unknown reasons, etc...

All the other stuff I heard over the years validated that dude was truly a mix of Kevin Winslow II, Lawrence Phillips, and "Son of Sam".

Total Phycho, for real!!

Advertisement
Other podcasts I listen to not mentioned here already:
24/7 sports college football
Solid Verbal
This Past Weekend Theo Vonn
Comedy Bang Bang
Behind The Bets

Dude was crazy from the beginning, and Urban Loved it!! I come from a high school in S Florida, that has sent several players to UF, UM and FSU over the years... Needless to say, once his initial arrest hit the media I would hear stories about him through the grapevine, and some I found far-fetched at the time...

Then, as I'm related to a former player for the Canes (wont say his name)... When we made the rounds on the recruiting trail to UF, I made the acquaintance of a few guys that they played with some of my friends at UF; of whom are now part of the administration there.

Because of the association, the conversations were comfortable and forthcoming. So not to write a book, here's a story that depicts the mentality and personality of the psycho named Aaron Hernandez:

I was told about this dude making it a joke about whacking off during film sessions, then chasing other guys around with the his results... Then there's him taking a crap on the trainers table. ****ing in teammates shoes, cutting himself, breaking out crying for unknown reasons, etc...

All the other stuff I heard over the years validated that dude was truly a mix of Kevin Winslow II, Lawrence Phillips, and "Son of Sam".

Total Phycho, for real!!

I read it - wicked good read as they say in NE. That guy was a freaking mess.

The article confirms your story; he threatened to kill Wes Welker because he made a joke about him not being ble to break down film. Welker told another guy to expect him to come up to him in the locker room while he was sitting and stand with his crotch near his face while talking about *** ***. Welker suggested the guy just get up and walk a way...

There was a great shot of Brady and Tebow shaking hands after the playoff game, and a microphone caught Brady saying "I'm trying to look after Aaaron and Brandon (Spikes of UF)" Tebow thanked him saying "they're good guys."To which Brady replied something to the effect, "Yeah but they're a handful."

Advertisement
JRE with Joe Rogan
Drink Champs (if you're into Hip-hop)
Team Never Quit podcast (if you like to hear stories from Spec Ops military vets)
MMA hour (if you like MMA)
The Right Time with Bomani Jones (Sports, but covers all topics as well)
Now What? With Arian Foster
And depending on what type of comedy you're into, there's a bunch of good ones too.

Good look! Downloaded Drink Champs, anymore hip-hop podcast? Use to listen to Bomani on XM before he went off-air, totally forgot he had a podcast.

What comedy u recommend? Chris Rock, Eddie Murphy, Bernie Mac, Earthquake type ish lol

I actually find the context as to what made him what he was pretty interesting and hopefully helps curb something like that from happening again. Hernandez had a terrible father who abused him and his brother up until his death. Hernandez was also molested as a kid, which like most molestations, went unreported. Combine all of that trauma with a few hits to the head and you have someone who became a killer. Anyway, it's more interesting to read/listen to than another BBB thread.
The *** stuff threw me off but then I thought about and we had some tough dudes in Baltimore and I heard a few stories about guys doing some iffy ****. I'll check it out

Good look! Downloaded Drink Champs, anymore hip-hop podcast? Use to listen to Bomani on XM before he went off-air, totally forgot he had a podcast.

What comedy u recommend? Chris Rock, Eddie Murphy, Bernie Mac, Earthquake type ish lol
85 South show podcast is pretty funny for comedy.
The Black Phillip show by Patrice O'Neal (RIP) is not a new podcast it's actually from way back in 2010-2011 but if you're a fan of his comedy you'll love the podcast.

For hip-hop the best is probably Joe Budden's podcast but they really just talk about popular stuff that happens in rap today, they don't really discuss music in depth or anything, still pretty entertaining.

Advertisement
Back