OT: 51 of 64 Waivers Allowed

Advertisement
Martell is going to get one.

He has multiple arguments we all know about plus a few more his attorney will present.

The whole coaching change and his lead recruiter being a lying, serial wife beating socipath will be tough to deny.

Last edited:
Irrelevant.

What you want to know is how many Miami petitions to the NCAA have EVER been approved.

Maybe one has, but as far as I can recall IF/When it ever happens.....that may be the 1st time.

Of course we're ALL hoping that it is approved BUT I wouldn't be surprised at all if it doesn't

He has multiple arguements we all know about plus a few more his attorney will present.

The whole coaching change and his lead recruiter being a lying, serial wife beating socipath will be tough to deny.
I hope you’re right. I just have a very hard time believing that the NCAA will get one right. This statistic (not the article itself, btw) sparked a bit of hope, but I’m still not convinced.

He has multiple arguements we all know about plus a few more his attorney will present.

As the days go by the NCAA has less and less reason to say no to Tate..... But sadly I think they'll find a way

Advertisement
I hope you’re right. I just have a very hard time believing that the NCAA will get one right. This statistic (not the article itself, btw) sparked a bit of hope, but I’m still not convinced.
Agree, the article completely ignores the circumstances at OSU, while pumping up Fields transfer reasons. OSU has much more egregious reasons regarding Tate. If you want to dig deep into the OSU **** Bag, bring up the history of lack of control in the Athletic Dept. while Jim Jorden was watching guys get fondled in the showers. Might as well go for the big Kahuna.😁

All Martell needs to do is prove "the transfer is due to documented mitigating circumstances that are outside the student-athlete's control and directly impact the health, safety and well-being of the student-athlete."
Oh, is that all he has to do? Then I have a few follow-up questions...

What is considered a "mitigating circumstance"? How much of an "impact" does it need to have? What is considered an "impact"? What is considered a "direct impact"? In what manner must these circumstances impact the health, safety, and well-being of the student-athlete? Can the impact be mental, if so can he control his mental state or is that outside of his control? What is the definition of "well-being"? Does the impact have to originate during the student-athlete's tenure or can it be something that could not have been discovered until enrolling into the school? How does it have to be documented, with the school or is twitter enough? etc...

The ways in which the NCAA can ***** us if they so choose is myriad.

Advertisement
They made it very broad this last year and you know they will tighten up the rules once we get out of this first year.

All Martell needs to do is prove "the transfer is due to documented mitigating circumstances that are outside the student-athlete's control and directly impact the health, safety and well-being of the student-athlete."
I love this because Miami is the healthiest city in America according to Forbes. A good lawyer could easily argue that anyone should be able to transfer to UM from almost anywhere.

Does anyone know what Fields justification really was?? real answers please
I really believe he used the racist comment to prove it caused harm to his safety and well-being, etc. I think it's a joke but I don't see anything else he could've used. Tate has a much much stronger case IMO. I don't think they'll say a coaching change is the reason because that's too broad but behind the scenes, his lawyer has to be attacking the domestic violence culture, etc. They'll site a toxic environment making him uncomfortable, etc without giving details. He was inside the program for 2 years, he has to know things that the NCAA and taint do not want public.

Advertisement
The NCAA doesn't want to get challenged in court, lose, and have a precedent set. The days of players having absolutely zero control are over. Tate will be approved.

Advertisement
I really believe he used the racist comment to prove it caused harm to his safety and well-being, etc. I think it's a joke but I don't see anything else he could've used. Tate has a much much stronger case IMO. I don't think they'll say a coaching change is the reason because that's too broad but behind the scenes, his lawyer has to be attacking the domestic violence culture, etc. They'll site a toxic environment making him uncomfortable, etc without giving details. He was inside the program for 2 years, he has to know things that the NCAA and taint do not want public.

Nah, there is heavy documentation of him feeling targeted and attacked by an extremely racist gesture while just literally sitting there doing nothing. The adult thing to do in a situation like that is "walk away and dont retaliate". So he didn't say anything and is walking away from an University that he can appeal to the court that UGA's environment was so racist in his experience there. With documentation and media coverage for one of the incidents.

Tate on the other hand, also has the perfect case. BUT, he ****ed up by saying that he wouldn't leave if Fields came. Which makes it seem like he was 100% fine with staying there, and had no (public or documented) distaste or lack of desire to play for OSU despite what happened in the past. But now suddenly does as soon as Fields transfers.

He has multiple arguments we all know about plus a few more his attorney will present.

I hope your right.

The hatred for UM right now has been ratcheted up again in a thinly veiled cover of "Martell doesn't have the grounds for a waiver like Fields did....if Martell gets one, it's bull**** and it's all over"

The entire football world is trying to do what, in my opinion, they don't have to do...influence the corrupt NCAA to rule against Miami...not Martell.

My favorite was some moron self-anointed sports columnist on Twitter today saying Miami fans have such an inferiority complex by stating Us against the world...

Translation, my school and the rest of the state funded mongoliths have enjoyed buying Miami out the picture and we don't want a level field ever again.

Nah, there is heavy documentation of him feeling targeted and attacked by an extremely racist gesture while just literally sitting there doing nothing. The adult thing to do in a situation like that is "walk away and dont retaliate". So he didn't say anything and is walking away from an University that he can appeal to the court that UGA's environment was so racist in his experience there. With documentation and media coverage for one of the incidents.

Tate on the other hand, also has the perfect case. BUT, he ****ed up by saying that he wouldn't leave if Fields came. Which makes it seem like he was 100% fine with staying there, and had no (public or documented) distaste or lack of desire to play for OSU despite what happened in the past. But now suddenly does as soon as Fields transfers.

I saw in an article that his main case was built around the fact that he was going to be allowed to play baseball at UGA. Since the student-athlete that was dismissed was a baseball player, Fields argued that him being added to the baseball team would be extremely awkward.

He just wants a chance to play both sports. (Can't wait to see if he plays baseball up in Columbus)

I hear you but it can always be argued that his comments were more about being hurt that they brought in Fields while he stayed there, even though he was uncomfortable. In addition, it can be argued that his ego caused him to comment after feeling slighted; even though he was really feeling that it would be in his best interest to get away from that environment.

Advertisement
Back