OT: 51 of 64 Waivers Allowed

I hear you but it can always be argued that his comments were more about being hurt that they brought in Fields while he stayed there, even though he was uncomfortable. In addition, it can be argued that his ego caused him to comment after feeling slighted; even though he was really feeling that it would be in his best interest to get away from that environment.

Yeah, same, I hear you. Just being devils advocate, the NCAA can definitely bring up those comments by him and derail everything.

Advertisement
It would not matter if 64/64 had previously been granted. The NCAA is going to ***** Miami. Martell's case is a good one on the merits and the letter of the rules. It is still a good case when you compare the facts to Fields, or Patterson for that matter, even though all of those facts have their differences. But it does not matter when we are dealing with the NCAA. They will drag their feet and fail to rule, if need be. They will do anything to deny Martell the field in 2019. Just watch.

I hope I am wrong, but some of you are trying to wish this waiver into existence.

Yeah, same, I hear you. Just being devils advocate, the NCAA can definitely bring up those comments by him and derail everything.
Oh I agree, they will pull no punches trying to deny him but if he has a decent attorney, it SHOULD be a slam dunk. I just hope they do the right thing.

All Martell needs to do is prove "the transfer is due to documented mitigating circumstances that are outside the student-athlete's control and directly impact the health, safety and well-being of the student-athlete."
He has proof that his coaches were promising high standards and that they develop a person on the field and off.

Turns out they didn't have high standards and only cared about covering up for their wife beating coach.

He has proof that his coaches were promising high standards and that they develop a person on the field and off.

Turns out they didn't have high standards and only cared about covering up for their wife beating coach.
Agree but the NCAA is the NCAA. A king will be king

Advertisement
I saw in an article that his main case was built around the fact that he was going to be allowed to play baseball at UGA. Since the student-athlete that was dismissed was a baseball player, Fields argued that him being added to the baseball team would be extremely awkward.

He just wants a chance to play both sports. (Can't wait to see if he plays baseball up in Columbus)

@Cane44

That's exactly what his argument was.

If he wasn't the starting QB, he wanted the option of playing baseball during the spring. He was told that was acceptable when he signed with UGA. But because of the situation with the baseball player, he didn't feel comfortable joining the baseball team.

Not sure why people keep trying to minimize the situation.

2 things can be true at the same time ... He transferred because he wasn't the starting QB AND because he didn't feel comfortable joining the baseball team.

If he's the starting QB at Ohio State, he won't play baseball. If he isn't the starting QB, we'll see how he handles that ...

Does anyone know what Fields justification really was?? real answers please

One of the baseball players called him the N word. The player was let go. Basically a bull **** argument. The kid isnt there anymore. The real reason is his lawyer found an out and used it. He left because of the prospects of playing time when he knew the #1 QB in the country from the year before just left the program because of the same thing.

Advertisement
pretty sure Tate can dig up tons of Hate mail/threads about him and claim safety and well-being reasons.

The Fields' transfer request isn't about some random comment, by a random fan.

It's about a comment by a prospective teammate. The kid is a legit baseball prospect. Similar to Malik Rosier, Kyler Murray and Russell Wilson being legit players.

If not for that, the hate speech argument wouldn't have been enough. Because you're right ... Every kid can find negative random comments.

I'm fine with Fields getting approved, but don't now come and deny Tate when Fields sister signed with UGA after the incident.

This article like others I have read are NON SENSE. PURE BULL ****. So had it not been for 1 fan in Georgia, Fields would be the starter, correct? Who believes this ****? OSU fans? Maybe, but even they know what this is about. NBC has a sports division, for what? Another joke of an article with no substance and nothing new to add to the discussion about a policy that has no clear cut line that distinguishes what is or isn't a valid reason. Point to all future transfers. that want to be eligible immediately. Make it a hot social issue that the NCAA will run away from and not even consider turning down. Just make your decision so we can move on and start the dismantling of your billion dollar business scheme that has for too long gone without oversight.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I hope your right.

The hatred for UM right now has been ratcheted up again in a thinly veiled cover of "Martell doesn't have the grounds for a waiver like Fields did....if Martell gets one, it's bull**** and it's all over"

The entire football world is trying to do what, in my opinion, they don't have to do...influence the corrupt NCAA to rule against Miami...not Martell.

My favorite was some moron self-anointed sports columnist on Twitter today saying Miami fans have such an inferiority complex by stating Us against the world...

Translation, my school and the rest of the state funded mongoliths have enjoyed buying Miami out the picture and we don't want a level field ever again.

Need to put the guys twitter up so we Miami fans can show hm just how inferior we can be..

Irrelevant.

What you want to know is how many Miami petitions to the NCAA have EVER been approved.

Maybe one has, but as far as I can recall IF/When it ever happens.....that may be the 1st time.

Of course we're ALL hoping that it is approved BUT I wouldn't be surprised at all if it doesn't

It was a medical hardship but we got a 6th year for Glenn Cook. That’s sort of something?

Last edited:
Advertisement
The hatred for UM right now has been ratcheted up ...

The entire football world is trying to do what, in my opinion, they don't have to do...influence the corrupt NCAA to rule against Miami...not Martell.
Translation, my school and the rest of the state funded mongoliths have enjoyed buying Miami out the picture and we don't want a level field ever again.

I see someone actually gets what’s going on....

Advertisement
Back