OSU v. Michigan (2001) Miami v. FSU (2011)

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
During Tressel's first year at Ohio State, he took a four-loss Buckeye team in Ann Arbor to play Michigan. Ohio State won the game and set up a national title* run the next year. How much more important than one 1 W/L is this game on Saturday?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l52lDVpREg

Advertisement
Good point. On the one hand we're so close to being a good team. A few plays here and there. When you change the culture of a team as Golden is doing, it seems that it takes a year. An extra year of S&C and the change in culture has us making plays to win these close games.

On the other hand, that Ohio State team in retrospect had a lot of talent on both sides of the ball- more than Alabama and LSU do. I just don't see our talent level being at that level yet.

I want to believe that 2012 can be a special year for this team, but we have a LOT of improving to do on defense before we can be dominant...

That said, this year could be much different if a couple plays go our way. I said in another thread that perhaps next year this team will be mentally strong enough to win those close games rather than coming up just short.

Perhaps this game comes down to the last minute and we pull it out. That could be just the lightning rod we need.

God, I hate OSU... Watching this video makes me physically ill.

The game is important to establish that we're the team of the future in FL. Gators are terrible... almost lost to Vandy, FSU has been sold to be a contender for the last few years and have been all hype... Looking forward to putting on a clinic.

Advertisement
Back