OSU Q.B Battle

Advertisement
Kyler Murray and baker mayfield were “pushed” out. Would they have scared you too? Top qbs by far transfer the most out of any position so why is this extra attention being paid to tate because of it like it’s some big issue. Yeah he left osu but look who he is competing against now a top 80 overall player in the country in 2018 and another consensus 4 star qb who started last year. That’s much more competition he would have gotten had he stayed at Ohio state

Nothing to do with fear of comp. This is about coaches telling a player to move on, and that’s concerning to me.

Big difference between choosing to leave like Murray and Mayfield, and having coaches push you out of the program to free up the scholly, like what OSU did with Tate. Those coaches couldn’t get him out of there fast enough.

I’ve never seen a coach push a QB out of his program unless 1.. He don’t think the player is good enough to play for him or 2. He’s a trouble maker.

And we know Tate isn’t a problem kid off the field

Advertisement
Tate wanted a fair shot at QB

Anyone who thinks Fields doesn’t start this year no matter how he poor he performs in Spring is a moron

Didn’t the other QB outplay him in a scrimmage and then left a week later
The same can be said if Tate starts here

Nothing to do with fear of comp. This is about coaches telling a player to move on, and that’s concerning to me.

Big difference between choosing to leave like Murray and Mayfield, and having coaches push you out of the program to free up the scholly, like what OSU did with Tate. Those coaches couldn’t get him out of there fast enough.

I’ve never seen a coach push a QB out of his program unless 1.. He don’t think the player is good enough to play for him or 2. He’s a trouble maker.

And we know Tate isn’t a problem kid off the field
PREACH!!! 🗣🗣🗣

Tate wanted a fair shot at QB

Anyone who thinks Fields doesn’t start this year no matter how he poor he performs in Spring is a moron

Didn’t the other QB outplay him in a scrimmage and then left a week later
You don't pay top dollar and not utilize your investment. Fields will play

Advertisement
If the coaches really told Tate he can leave it’s probably bc Tate was crying about Justin Fields and was tired of hearing that ****.

If Tate stayed and beat out Fields he would start or at worst be part of a two qb system. He was scared of competition and thought NKosi and Jarren was an easier situation lmao man was seriously wrong with that assessment bc by all accounts Fields is the easier competition.

Advertisement
This is one of the biggest reasons Tate scares the **** out of me.

He was pretty much pushed out of OSU by coaches to go elsewhere, even though they were bringing in two transfer QBs. You would think coaches would want as much talent in the QB room (to drive competition, if anything) especially a guy that had been in the program more than 2 years.

I just don’t see coaches pushing a “talented” QB to move on, especially with two relative unknowns being brought in as transfers. That doesn’t pass the smell test to me.

I’m not saying Tate can’t improve, but those OSU coaches know something.
This was my worry as well we got two weeks and we will know

Kept saying with few others UGA didnt put up a fight they mis evaluated saw it in practice and let him leave. Said it then and saying it again

You might be right. We will know in just a few months, won’t we? I’m pretty sure he’s going to be the starter so we will get a good sample size

Advertisement
I wouldn't be surprised if that is true.
Fiekds is prolly garbage.....if that changes i would eat my crow but elite schools dont just let u walk and push u out 1 unless your a ****** like malik henry (he sucks anyway) 2 u just suck

3 they go out of there way and hide your retardness cause you have lived up to the hype. Sometimes it works out where a Cam Newton situation happens but its more rare i would say then the other options

Kept saying with few others UGA didnt put up a fight they mis evaluated saw it in practice and let him leave. Said it then and saying it again

There wasn't much Georgia could do. They tried to talk him out of it, but its not like they could force him to stay. Once he said he was leaving, they didn't have much of a choice but to support his transfer, because of the incident from the racist student that circulated around social media.

How ****** would they have looked if they refused to release him from his scholarship or tried to block him from playing this year? Whole thing was a PR nightmare and they wanted it to end quietly.

Watch the 2nd season of QB1, you’ll see fields was overhyped.
Came away unimpressed with him off that show. Maybe this is Day sabotaging himself. Coaches (Richt/Golden) can tend to think their way works and they know better than everyone else. Maybe Day, impressed by the physical attributes thought that he and his ability as a coach could make him into "athletic Dwayne Haskins". Maybe he'll die on that hill.

Chasing off Martell might not be an accurate indictment of Martell's ability, **** Richt chased off Allison and wouldn't let Jarren compete, two guys unanimously viewed as much more talented than Malik, and we all know how that turned out.

Fields would have been better off at a place like Auburn. Michael Vick made millions embracing who his athleticism allowed him to be instead of forcing himself to be something he's not.

There wasn't much Georgia could do. They tried to talk him out of it, but its not like they could force him to stay. Once he said he was leaving, they didn't have much of a choice but to support his transfer, because of the incident from the racist student that circulated around social media.

How ****** would they have looked if they refused to release him from his scholarship or tried to block him from playing this year? Whole thing was a PR nightmare and they wanted it to end quietly.
I dont know much about his departure dont know about the racial stuff either, I just thought man they didnt put up a fight and one position thats hard to judge is OL and QB those are the toss ups and TE. The closest qb to a lock to me was Tua cause of the all star game and he was going to be surrounded by 5 stars all over.

Advertisement
Back