OSU Q.B Battle

Advertisement
F'uck the f'uckeyes!!!

AcceptableJitteryElk-size_restricted.gif

Advertisement
Justin Fields is severely overrated, and not that good. He has a strong arm, but nothing else.

I've seen numerous people comment that he struggles with reading defenses - that was a big part of why he didn't see the field in a throwing capacity for UGA. It does seem like he isn't that far ahead of the back up guy at OSU, if at all right now.

Advertisement
Nope. He was told he was better off leaving. Does that indicate to you he would have been given a fair shot like he is now?

Justin and Tate will play. Someone would have to be head and shoulders better than both to put them on the bench.

Last edited:
This is one of the biggest reasons Tate scares the **** out of me.

He was pretty much pushed out of OSU by coaches to go elsewhere, even though they were bringing in two transfer QBs. You would think coaches would want as much talent in the QB room (to drive competition, if anything) especially a guy that had been in the program more than 2 years.

I just don’t see coaches pushing a “talented” QB to move on, especially with two relative unknowns being brought in as transfers. That doesn’t pass the smell test to me.

I’m not saying Tate can’t improve, but those OSU coaches know something.

I’ve never seen Fields play in a regular game. He was a 7on7 assasin, but maybe that’s it. From is good, but not exactly a world beater now a guy who transferred from Kentucky is giving him a run? Maybe the extra 4 guys and the really angry mean fellas on teams front 7’s rattle him. My $0.02.

Go Canes!

Advertisement

He was pretty much pushed out of OSU by coaches to go elsewhere, even though they were bringing in two transfer QBs. You would think coaches would want as much talent in the QB room (to drive competition, if anything) especially a guy that had been in the program more than 2 years.

I just don’t see coaches pushing a “talented” QB to move on, especially with two relative unknowns being brought in as transfers. That doesn’t pass the smell test to me.

Tate wanted a fair shot at QB

Anyone who thinks Fields doesn’t start this year no matter how he poor he performs in Spring is a moron

Didn’t the other QB outplay him in a scrimmage and then left a week later

Do they though? They had one of the best CFB coaches of the last quarter century, they had Alabama level talent and unlimited financial resources, yet they under coached and under managed the team. I think Meyer's usual batch of high quality assistant coaches had waned in the last couple of year.

Yeah, I am concerned about Tate and wonder what was really involved in his being invited to leave, but I don't put a ton of faith in the OSU* coaches that they made the right evaluation regarding Tate.

I've seen numerous people comment that he struggles with reading defenses - that was a big part of why he didn't see the field in a throwing capacity for UGA. It does seem like he isn't that far ahead of the back up guy at OSU, if at all right now.
Not even that he is not that accurate, his timing is off and he is just not that good. He can run though.

Advertisement

Tate wasn't the guy Day wanted and Tate knew that. He wouldn't have had a fair chance to win the job like he does here right now.

Kyler Murray and baker mayfield were “pushed” out. Would they have scared you too? Top qbs by far transfer the most out of any position so why is this extra attention being paid to tate because of it like it’s some big issue. Yeah he left osu but look who he is competing against now a top 80 overall player in the country in 2018 and another consensus 4 star qb who started last year. That’s much more competition he would have gotten had he stayed at Ohio state

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back