OSU mod on Battle...

htownkidd

Freshman
Premium
Tifwiw

This was posted on 4/10, before the news about him not going to the spring game.

“1- All is good here between this player and Ohio State, and I was the first to Crystal Ball him to OSU a while back. No reason to change that at all.

2- He wants to come to the spring game this week for an official, but this is not exactly what OSU wants. The worry is that he shows in mid-April, loves it, commits and you never see him in Ohio again. OSU would MUCH rather he come for a game at the earliest, or better yet, for bowl practice.

3- He could/should commit this weekend, and then you have to fight off the sharks late. You know, the southern schools that tell him in January: "I know you're going to Ohio State and I respect that. It's like 13 degrees there right now. Why don't you at least come here for an official visit this weekend? Gonna be 75 degrees and all the girls will be in shorts, not winter coats."

4- The AAU group in Florida is REAL. They know their stuff with these kids. I remember a few years ago doing an interview with Carlton Davis when he was committed to OSU. This was two weeks before Signing Day and we did an interview where he just gushed about OSU and how he couldn't wait to get there. When the interview was over one of the AAU coaches said to me "That's funny because there's no chance he goes to Ohio State. It's either Auburn or Miami, and I'm guessing it's Auburn. But Ohio State is OUT." And you know what? I KNEW the kid was out and said so on Scout.

5- The word in south Florida is that Ohio State HAS this kid. It's OVER. I remember going back as far as Ryan Shazier and Jamaal Berry to not doubt these guys. I know I'm not, but I get OSU's concern totally.

6- Calling Jordan Battle to Ohio State in the spring violates my Recruiting Rules #8, but sometimes there are exceptions to every rule. Rule #8 states: "An early commitment from a kid located in SEC country only means he might know what state your school is located. And it might not mean that. Celebrate the commitment, but be afraid. Be very afraid of losing him."

7- In calling a south Florida kid to anywhere but Miami, you have to be certain you can eliminate the Canes. The Canes are out of this one. I know that will get me in trouble, like when I said Florida and Bama were OUT for Nicholas Petit-Frere. (Of course they were OUT). LSU is the threat for Battle, and they have not offered yet. But they will and that's the team to worry about. Not Georgia or Miami or FSU.

8- Jordan Battle is a GREAT player. And I hate to use GREAT all that often. He would be in the "A" group of my personal ranking system, of which there are 3 categories.

A- Can DEFINITELY play.

B- Might be able to play.

C- Can't play dead in a Cowboy movie.

8- Will stay on top of this one, but in the end I have Jordan Battle to OSU.”

Advertisement
No doubt
I thought we were turning the corner with him but those are some pretty confident statements in there.

S.Fla is SEC COUNTRY?.

It will be an osu-um fight but dude wont committ till its a definate he is going there.

Im not listening to a mod thats out of state and not plugged in down here..especially with how fickle s.fla kids are.

Advertisement
OSU has landed several kids from SoFla over the years and even some from STA specifically. I’d say he has some connects down there..
Not to mention the head SoFla express guy Goetz is an OSU guy. I’d put $ that he is one of their contacts when it comes to this and pretty good chance he is the guy feeding them the info ..

OSU has landed several kids from SoFla over the years and even some from STA specifically. I’d say he has some connects down there..
Not to mention the head SoFla express guy Goetz is an OSU guy. I’d put $ that he is one of their contacts when it comes to this and pretty good chance he is the guy feeding them the info ..
True and he straight acknowledged our presence but feels confident we are out.

Advertisement

cool story who cares. They think they are getting everybody. And its likely definately him...but hes been wrong alot (Goetz) and holds no weight with STA kids.

Never accounted for this guy in the class
Honestly there are so many guys that are as good if not better than him down here. If he wants to go spend the next 4 years in 15 degrees, good luck to him! Buckeyes probably ain’t doing much this year.

Advertisement
Honestly there are so many guys that are as good if not better than him down here. If he wants to go spend the next 4 years in 15 degrees, good luck to him! Buckeyes probably ain’t doing much this year.
Would love to know how many 6'2-6'3 DB's you have seen cover and offer run support like Battle.

Battle is either at the top or near the top of the safety board (Stevenson is the #1 if you consider him safety only).

But yes it's a big board with a lot of options. Smith is probably a lock to be in this class, so there's one.

honestly, no there isn't. If we are saying Rique is pure DB recruit than Battle is #2 on the list. Dude can be a star!!!!

Advertisement
Battle is either at the top or near the top of the safety board (Stevenson is the #1 if you consider him safety only).

But yes it's a big board with a lot of options. Smith is probably a lock to be in this class, so there's one.
Stevenson all day.

I hope the staff can get Smith flipped and committed soon. We need him and we need a good commit asap!

Literally every single guy from STA that went to OSU had connects to the school, or were originally from Out of state.

Advertisement
Back