Osborn looking to make Williams' job easier, talks Martell, Njoku

View as article
Being able to throw accurately is a skill unique to wr's. None can throw as well as Tate can. That would be a justifiable reason to use him in certain packages. KJ said himself that Tate is still learning wr technique. Technique that Enos has been teaching Pope, Hightower, Wiggins and Payton much longer. But if you think that he's a better wr than these guys then lets agree to disagree. Because I don't think that he is.

I don’t have an opinion either way. Let’s see it on the field.

Advertisement
Sound like some of them don’t know the playbook very well. Who gives a **** if they’ve been playing WR for longer if they don’t know the playbook!

Also, I read somewhere that Enos’s system’s success depends more on doing the play right than speed and athleticism. If Tate knows I’m detail what needs to be done he could have a leg up over his fellow receivers that don’t know the playbook.
What players don't know the playbook? You keep throwing this around like you know something.

And no football system works better with slower less athletic players. That's ridiculous! You think Enos wanted slow less athletic guys at Alabama?

What players don't know the playbook? You keep throwing this around like you know something.

And no football system works better with slower less athletic players. That's ridiculous! You think Enos wanted slow less athletic guys at Alabama?

Supposedly Pope didn’t know the playbook. Don’t know about the other guys.

The QB has to know the playbook the best. I am certain Martell knows it better than most receivers.

Tate is very athletic. His shuttle time is elite. He probably doesn’t have the same level of technique as the others (like using your body as leverage, etc.), but if he knows where to be in a play and can execute it, he could be a better option than a guy that has great athleticism but doesn’t know what he is supposed to be doing.

Also, Tate acts as a decoy. He did well as a decoy last game. So, he is not just another wife receiver. He is a decoy, and can throw the ball in special plays.

I don’t get how people don’t understand he could have unique value as a WR that puts him ahead of the younger WR.

All things being equal, more athleticism is better. But things aren’t equal if one guy constantly forgets what play we are running. If athleticism were the most important factor we would have won all of our games last year.

Supposedly Pope didn’t know the playbook. Don’t know about the other guys.

The QB has to know the playbook the best. I am certain Martell knows it better than most receivers.

Tate is very athletic. His shuttle time is elite. He probably doesn’t have the same level of technique as the others (like using your body as leverage, etc.), but if he knows where to be in a play and can execute it, he could be a better option than a guy that has great athleticism but doesn’t know what he is supposed to be doing.

Also, Tate acts as a decoy. He did well as a decoy last game. So, he is not just another wife receiver. He is a decoy, and can throw the ball in special plays.

I don’t get how people don’t understand he could have unique value as a WR that puts him ahead of the younger WR.
Agree with everything you just said.

Advertisement
I've never complained about Knowles being on the field. But Knowles being passed up by better db's is not the same as wr's being passed over by a former qb who just started playing the position 2 weeks before the season started. Guess you're saying that Martell earned his burn by out playing the other wr's. ok.

I'm not saying that at all. What I am saying is that any wideout that Tathan would be "stealing" playing time from obviously hasn't capitalized on his ample opportunity to solidify himself as the clearly better option in the eyes of Enos.

So it's more of certain guys obviously underperforming than Tathan blowing everyone's minds in the 2 wks he's been a wideout.

Time will obviously tell. Maybe Enos is a moron? But I highly doubt this is just some bone being tossed to Tathan to keep him from transferring or something. I actually think this hurts his value as a transfer QB.

I'm not saying that at all. What I am saying is that any wideout that Tathan would be "stealing" playing time from obviously hasn't capitalized on his ample opportunity to solidify himself as the clearly better option in the eyes of Enos.

So it's more of certain guys obviously underperforming than Tathan blowing everyone's minds in the 2 wks he's been a wideout.

Time will obviously tell. Maybe Enos is a moron? But I highly doubt this is just some bone being tossed to Tathan to keep him from transferring or something. I actually think this hurts his value as a transfer QB.
I'd like to actually see them use him in a play instead of using him as a decoy. Seeing his talent in action would clear a lot of things up.

Lots of games left to be played. Time will tell

Enos is using Tate as the decoy to rattle opposing D's, and NO one knows what he is going to do on the field.
That mystery is to our advantage. Our WR's are in there to either block or catch. The added element of throwing which Tate brings, gives the opponents one more wrinkle to worry about, and opens up someone on our Canes to make a big play.
Enos is no fool, and at the right time...................here comes Martell,.....now what?........it is our PLUS.

Advertisement
Manny Diaz and Dan Enos have said they expect to rotate more frequently at the WR position this week.

So tired of hearing about this guy or that guy needs to play more. As a fan I just want to see the hurricanes win and I personally don't care who is on the field. If people transfer they transfer can't coach to whos feelings they are going to hurt by not playing people. Just a couple years back people were complaining that we were rotating to many wr in game. Wr needs to continue to build chemistry and timing in games.

Won’t lie it worried me thinking one of our high profile wide outs (mainly Pope) would transfer over losing PT to Martell. Then you read it here, Martell quite possibly knows every route for every receiver, for every play call. We also possibly have guys that struggle to get down just their assigned routes for said play call.

Advertisement
Does Martell? Typical fanboy overreacting because we don't all think his "man" is wonderful
What has Tate done at wideout that Pope or Wiggins can’t do or hasn’t done?

If defenses play him like a true Wr, he is average at best at Wr. Now, if Enos put some wrinkles in the offense where Tate throws the ball im all for the switch. Wiggins should be upset because he is the odd man out.

Advertisement
The more talented receivers who've done everything the coach has asked of them.
Putting int he tim
What has Tate done at wideout that Pope or Wiggins can’t do or hasn’t done?

If defenses play him like a true Wr, he is average at best at Wr. Now, if Enos put some wrinkles in the offense where Tate throws the ball im all for the switch. Wiggins should be upset because he is the odd man out.
You are clueless.....

Advertisement
Back