Orlando Spring Game

Advertisement
Advertisement
Did Tate Martell primarily play from the gun/pistol today? If so, do you think Enos would be willing to run most of his plays from those formations a la Alabama 2018 if Tate Martell is the best option at QB?

Advertisement
Nota long way. I believe Enos now knows now what packages and plays to call for each qb in order to get the most out of them. For example Tate does not do well from under center.
Which gives me hope because our last HC couldn’t seem to grasp how to adjust his scheme to best fit his players.

Would like to see some additional spread concepts involving spacing and more play out of the gun . . . otherwise Tate's going to be stuffed from time to time and N'kosi's gonna be smothered . . .

Advertisement
The only problem with this though is that more often than not the QBs facing the ones were with the second team OL. And we circle right back to not learning a **** thing.
I was excited when I saw more 1 vs 1 in last week's scrimmage. Then today, we saw a lot of the mismatched groupings that make it difficult to form a clean opinion (for anyone). Whatever. On to the summer.

Advertisement
Martell had an early drive against the 1s with the backup OL. Drove them down the field. Couple of nice throws. Enos wanted to see if we could run the ball from closed sets against the 1s inside the 10. It didn't work out as expected. Wound up kicking and missing a FG. I think that was the most success any QB had against the 1s.
Yep, I missed that part of the stream. Got in a tiny bit late. Thanks for the info and details. Helpful.

Did Tate Martell primarily play from the gun/pistol today? If so, do you think Enos would be willing to run most of his plays from those formations a la Alabama 2018 if Tate Martell is the best option at QB?
Enos is smart enough to realize he can’t force his quarterback to play in a scheme where they are uncomfortable.

Advertisement
Back