Orlando Sentinel: UM commit Dexter Williams eliminates UF

Wow.

Imma be real. I love Scarletts potential but this kid is flat out electrifying. Best back we have committed but I have been very hesitant to be excited about him because I didn't feel his commitment was very strong (not that I know ****)

I feel you on Dex but **** JS is my guy dude is a horse.

Advertisement
Wow.

Imma be real. I love Scarletts potential but this kid is flat out electrifying. Best back we have committed but I have been very hesitant to be excited about him because I didn't feel his commitment was very strong (not that I know ****)

I feel you on Dex but **** JS is my guy dude is a horse.

Out of all 4 rbs i would take JS and Williams first

Hurricanes Football ‏@CanesFootball 2m

#WelcomeToTheU! Running back Dexter Williams signs a grant-in-aid agreement with the Canes: http://gocan.es/X4OyWU

just a friendly reminder of what this kid brings to the table:

[video=youtube;P36LaHyIMWY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36LaHyIMWY[/video]

Only negative I see with his game is how he carries the ball. Needs to learn to switch hands, holding the ball with his right hand while running left is a no no.

210.gif

Advertisement
Williams said a while ago that he didn't plan to take an official visit to Miami, which heightened concern at the time about the possibility of him flipping.

He's apparently changed his mind...

@hamiltonespn: #ESPN300 No.84 & #Canes commit @DexterW_22 plans to official to #USC #Louisville & #Canes for sure. #NotreDame a maybe. #SceneandHeard

Also worth noting...

@hamiltonespn: #ESPN300 No. 84 & #Canes commit now 200-pounds after playing at 183-185 last season. 90'ish% coming off ankle injury

Last edited:
Advertisement
Don't get why people aren't talking about this dude more. He's an absolute beast.

6'1...215-220 pounds...4.5 speed (if not faster)

Is what you're looking at when this dude is a sophomore, or maybe even a redshirt freshman seeing as we've got other backs coming in behind possibly 3 guys returning.

He's a top 30 talent to me. Great speed, good vision, and excellent feet. Doesn't necessarily have Duke or Yearby vision (who does?) but he has more of a bell cow potential than either of them (well at least before Duke became the hulk). Probably will break plenty of tackles and it doesn't hurt that he's an option as a receiver as well.

Awesome pickup by the staff

Advertisement
Don't get why people aren't talking about this dude more. He's an absolute beast.

Is what you're looking at when this dude is a sophomore, or maybe even a redshirt freshman seeing as we've got other backs coming in behind possibly 3 guys returning.

He's a top 30 talent to me. Great speed, good vision, and excellent feet. Doesn't necessarily have Duke or Yearby vision (who does?) but he has more of a bell cow potential than either of them (well at least before Duke became the hulk). Probably will break plenty of tackles and it doesn't hurt that he's an option as a receiver as well.

He is a poor man's version of Reggie Bush, which before anybody freaks out, I think some forget how good Bush was. I see Reggie, slightly bigger but not as fast, but that 4.5 speed you stated must be electronic, cause if he is 4.5, 98% of all college backs are running 4.6s or higher than......

He is a poor man's version of Reggie Bush, which before anybody freaks out, I think some forget how good Bush was. I see Reggie, slightly bigger but not as fast, but that 4.5 speed you stated must be electronic, cause if he is 4.5, 98% of all college backs are running 4.6s or higher than......

don't worry, once he gets on campus, Swasey will clock him at 4.3

Yeah, it was a laser time at a NTFC event in which he posted one of the highest SPARQ scores in the nation.

Advertisement

Spot on.

Let's put it this way. Williams and Scarlett have off the charts athleticism. Williams is electric too. Both have different run styles. And I love it. I think both have the potential to end up 5 stars.

Thing that sucks for Scarlett, STA can't enroll early, Williams gonna get a head start. But I don't think it really matters. Think both Scarlett and Williams could both play right away if needed.

Williams very versatile too. Brings an impact to not only the run, but the pass game too. Can motion out of the backfield into the slot. That's a weapon in the future.

I've mentioned this before. I see Scarlett and Williams to have the potential to be great. Both top 5 backs.

Cronk, top 15 back area. I think Cronk could be a good but not great back. Think Cronk could be a great safety which I mentioned before and hope he's open to playing defense. Cause he has a lot of upside on defensive side of the ball.

This is also not factoring Walton who I think ends up in 2016. Walton a top 5 back in his class year as well. Even though I don't view him as same athletic freak. I see he has been hitting the weight room and view him as a jack of all trades that can do everything good which makes him a great back.

Either way. We are blessed. Dex athleticism is off the charts.

Bob Redman @BobRedman_Scout · 22m

1st play from scrimmage and #Miami commit Dexter Williams races 80 yards up the middle for a TD against Lake City Columbia 6-0 West Orange

Replied to 0 times

Advertisement
Back