Orlando Canes

Advertisement
Advertisement
It’s been discussed in other threads previously but since I’m not from Orlando.. I figured I’d ask here. Do any of you guys know of any parking availability for the UF that allows us to tailgate close to the area ?

OK, I'm working on getting more info for folks, but here is what I have learned so far.

There is a big parking lot at the northeast corner of W. Central Boulevard and N. Terry Avenue. I believe it is called "Lot C" for the soccer games. It WILL be open for the football game. It is located a block from where the Citrus Bowl shuttle will be picking people up.

There is a second portion of the same parking lot that is located directly to the north of Lot C, it is north Grove Park Drive and south of W. Washington Street. I have been told that a UM alum has purchased ONE HUNDRED parking spaces already, so they gave him the smaller northern lot for himself, and they will be selling the larger southern lot on game day.

I BELIEVE (and I need to confirm) that these lots will allow grilling. I cannot prove that, though, as they are usually used for soccer parking. Orlando City Soccer Stadium only opens the gates 1 hour before game time, so there is not a huge culture of "tailgating" for soccer.

I have already looked into Yard Bar. This is the large outdoor bar that is at the northWEST corner of Central and Terry. I contacted the management, the space is owned by the same company that owns the Wall Street area bars in downtown. The guy told me that due to city "permitting" issues, he does not believe they will be able to open for the football game (I believe they have permission for all REGULARLY-SCHEDULED soccer games, but (for instance) they were not open Wednesday night for the US Open Cup match.

The nice thing about Yard Bar is that they set up port-o-lets. Normally, Lot C (as well as the city-owned Orange Lot south of Central) do not have toilet facilities. There are no decent businesses around with toilets either.

If anyone INDIVIDUALLY wants to look into purchasing a batch of parking spaces, or finding out about grilling, the website for the owner of Lot C is www.theparkingoperator.com and the phone number is 407-492-1949.

Normally, the lot costs $20 per space. I do not yet know what time they will open on Saturday, August 24. I do not know if they will have a higher price for football parking. But they do take credit cards, in addition to cash.

Hope this helps everyone.

Look, for people who live in Orlando, that makes perfect sense. I drive those roads all the time.

But there's no way I'm sending someone through there who is coming from out of town. JYP isn't as bad as SOBT, but he out-of-towners are better off spending an extra 2 minutes on the East-West exit rather than driving miles of JYP or SOBT.
I hear ya man! Those east/west expressway exits get backed up sometimes for these big events, so just wanted to provide some alternatives for the peoples.

For the OP who mentioned being near the 429, yea I suggest the route most others provided since you'll be going east bound on the 408. However, for those who will be on I4 and expecting to exit onto the east/west expressway to exit at the stadium...good luck with the current cluster**** with all the major construction going on. I would suggest just finding an exit off of I4 directly than trying to navigate that specific interchange.

Advertisement
Ha! There has been so much construction, that some days I take a new portion of I-4, and my GPS gets confused and thinks that I'm on an access road.
Haven't they been working on that for like 10 plus years? and also you're the one setting up the Friday night at aces right?

Haven't they been working on that for like 10 plus years? and also you're the one setting up the Friday night at aces right?

No, the "Ultimate I-4" project just started a couple of years ago.

As for the Ace Cafe event on Friday night, it's something that a bunch of us on the Orlando Alumni Association board TRIED to set up with the overall UM Alumni Association, but they never worked with us, so now it's just a "takeover". Informal. Come on out and have a great time. No cover charge, just show up. I have to give credit to Alfonso and Deb and Paul and Kathy too, and I'll certainly do my part to publicize the event.

Seriously, I'm not trying to pump the place up, but people will enjoy the place, they have great drinks and food, and the place is HUGE.

Last edited:
OK, I'm working on getting more info for folks, but here is what I have learned so far.

There is a big parking lot at the northeast corner of W. Central Boulevard and N. Terry Avenue. I believe it is called "Lot C" for the soccer games. It WILL be open for the football game. It is located a block from where the Citrus Bowl shuttle will be picking people up.

There is a second portion of the same parking lot that is located directly to the north of Lot C, it is north Grove Park Drive and south of W. Washington Street. I have been told that a UM alum has purchased ONE HUNDRED parking spaces already, so they gave him the smaller northern lot for himself, and they will be selling the larger southern lot on game day.

I BELIEVE (and I need to confirm) that these lots will allow grilling. I cannot prove that, though, as they are usually used for soccer parking. Orlando City Soccer Stadium only opens the gates 1 hour before game time, so there is not a huge culture of "tailgating" for soccer.

I have already looked into Yard Bar. This is the large outdoor bar that is at the northWEST corner of Central and Terry. I contacted the management, the space is owned by the same company that owns the Wall Street area bars in downtown. The guy told me that due to city "permitting" issues, he does not believe they will be able to open for the football game (I believe they have permission for all REGULARLY-SCHEDULED soccer games, but (for instance) they were not open Wednesday night for the US Open Cup match.

The nice thing about Yard Bar is that they set up port-o-lets. Normally, Lot C (as well as the city-owned Orange Lot south of Central) do not have toilet facilities. There are no decent businesses around with toilets either.

If anyone INDIVIDUALLY wants to look into purchasing a batch of parking spaces, or finding out about grilling, the website for the owner of Lot C is www.theparkingoperator.com and the phone number is 407-492-1949.

Normally, the lot costs $20 per space. I do not yet know what time they will open on Saturday, August 24. I do not know if they will have a higher price for football parking. But they do take credit cards, in addition to cash.

Hope this helps everyone.
Thanks for the info my dude! I hope they do allow alil grilling and music. But then again it’s not Miami territory so we shall see. I’ll still roll up with my boys and try and set up shop at lot c! Thanks again!

Yeah, 429 to the Turnpike to the East-West, you'll be at the stadium in less than 30 minutes. No traffic at all on Saturday morning. Now, if you take I-4, you're on your own...

I live right near 429 in Winter Garden, I hop on 429 get in turnpike for a second and 408 right to stadium. Only about 20 minutes.

Advertisement
Last year we had our Gamewatch Alumni parties in Altamont Springs at Duffy's. We still might for 2019, however, a new option is possible. Who is interested in relocating to Ace Cafe in Downtown Orlando?
Much better spot for us South Orlando Cane fans.
Altamonte is a trek for us down here. The downtown drive is a piece of cake. Just shoot right up Orange Ave. and it's a wrap.
The turnpike and I4 are a complete nightmare these days.
Go Canes!!!!!!

No, the "Ultimate I-4" project just started a couple of years ago.

As for the Ace Cafe event on Friday night, it's something that a bunch of us on the Orlando Alumni Association board TRIED to set up with the overall UM Alumni Association, but they never worked with us, so now it's just a "takeover". Informal. Come on out and have a great time. No cover charge, just show up. I have to give credit to Alfonso and Deb and Paul and Kathy too, and I'll certainly do my part to publicize the event.

Seriously, I'm not trying to pump the place up, but people will enjoy the place, they have great drinks and food, and the place is HUGE.

Hey sounds like a good time my brothers and I will try to make it! Thanks for all the info

Advertisement
The New Miami football season is nearly upon us!

For those not able to attend the football games personally, our local University of Miami Alumni Association recommends you join GameWatch events for the upcoming 2019 University of Miami Football season at our centrally located Downtown Orlando - New Venue:

ACE CAFE, 100 W. Livingston Street, Orlando, Phone: 407-996-6686

Parking: FREE (on-site) and it's located at Corner of Livingston Street and Garland Avenue / Next to the bus terminal / Downtown Orlando

The 2019 University of Miami Football GameWatch Schedule minimally includes the following dates/games:

1. 09/07/2019 (Sat) @ UNC 8:00 on ACC Network
  2. 10/05/2019 (Sat) Vs. Virginia Tech - TBD
  3. 10/26/2019 (Sat) @ Pittsburgh - TBD
  4. 11/02/2019 (Sat) @ Florida State - TBD
  5. 11/23/2019 (Sat) @ FIU 7:00 p.m. on CBSSN
  6. 11/30/2019 (Sat) @ Duke - TBD

NOTE: This proposed schedule is contingent upon college football television programming line-up change(s) & may or may not include additional add-on GameWatch Football Games & Events. Please check back for more information as the games approach.

The New Miami is almost here ! . . . Let's Go 'CANES !!
Duh! No gator game????????

What about this?

"Miller's Field" looks awfully nice, haven't been there but is convenient for us on the South side of Orlando. I'm in Metro West. Check out their menu items, looks like quite a variety. Think I will check it out next week.

What about this?

"Miller's Field" looks awfully nice, haven't been there but is convenient for us on the South side of Orlando. I'm in Metro West. Check out their menu items, looks like quite a variety. Think I will check it out next week.
Millers is ok. I believe at one point there may have been unofficial game watches there.

Regardless of where it’s been in the past there is always someone who thinks it’s too far away. IMO Ace is as central as it can get. Yea people in Lake Mary, Oviedo, Kissimmee, or Clermont areas will thinks it’s far, but it’s about the best it can get in terms of a central location.

Advertisement
Back