Orlando Canes

Ok, Orlando Canes! Ace Cafe in Downtown Orlando WILL BE the 2019 Cane Gamewatch location!!

Awesome! I live close to SeaWorld, and the Altamonte Springs site is just too far away from me, especially with this ***** Orlando traffic. I should make it for a few games.

Advertisement
The New Miami football season is nearly upon us!

For those not able to attend the football games personally, our local University of Miami Alumni Association recommends you join GameWatch events for the upcoming 2019 University of Miami Football season at our centrally located Downtown Orlando - New Venue:

ACE CAFE, 100 W. Livingston Street, Orlando, Phone: 407-996-6686

Parking: FREE (on-site) and it's located at Corner of Livingston Street and Garland Avenue / Next to the bus terminal / Downtown Orlando

The 2019 University of Miami Football GameWatch Schedule minimally includes the following dates/games:

1. 09/07/2019 (Sat) @ UNC 8:00 on ACC Network
  2. 10/05/2019 (Sat) Vs. Virginia Tech - TBD
  3. 10/26/2019 (Sat) @ Pittsburgh - TBD
  4. 11/02/2019 (Sat) @ Florida State - TBD
  5. 11/23/2019 (Sat) @ FIU 7:00 p.m. on CBSSN
  6. 11/30/2019 (Sat) @ Duke - TBD

NOTE: This proposed schedule is contingent upon college football television programming line-up change(s) & may or may not include additional add-on GameWatch Football Games & Events. Please check back for more information as the games approach.

The New Miami is almost here ! . . . Let's Go 'CANES !!

Anyone from the Orlando area know how long it takes to get from the Disney area to the stadium with traffic if we leave around 11am?

Advertisement
Ok, Orlando Canes! Ace Cafe in Downtown Orlando WILL BE the 2019 Cane Gamewatch location!!

Also, to the rest of you in Orlando for the UF game, we will be having a Canes party at ACE CAFE the Friday BEFORE the big game! Make your presence known and wear your gear! Please sign in to show how much support we are getting there! Let's make downtown the new hang out!

Advertisement
It’s been discussed in other threads previously but since I’m not from Orlando.. I figured I’d ask here. Do any of you guys know of any parking availability for the UF that allows us to tailgate close to the area ?

Anyone from the Orlando area know how long it takes to get from the Disney area to the stadium with traffic if we leave around 11am?

If you are talking about a Saturday, I would give yourself about 30 minutes, though there are a couple of variables.

If by "Disney area" you mean Disney property or US 192, it would probably take a bit more time. If you are talking about hotel row (Lake Buena Vista) or closer to Sea World, it will take less time.

Check Google Maps that morning, see if there are any accidents or weekend I-4 lane/exit closures, as they are doing a ton of construction on I-4.

11 am Saturday traffic is usually worse going TO Disney than AWAY FROM Disney, but sometimes there are bottlenecks around the Sea World exit or the Universal/International Drive exits.

By the time you hit the disastrous East-West Expressway exit, you're almost to the stadium anyhow.

Advertisement
If you are talking about a Saturday, I would give yourself about 30 minutes, though there are a couple of variables.

If by "Disney area" you mean Disney property or US 192, it would probably take a bit more time. If you are talking about hotel row (Lake Buena Vista) or closer to Sea World, it will take less time.

Check Google Maps that morning, see if there are any accidents or weekend I-4 lane/exit closures, as they are doing a ton of construction on I-4.

11 am Saturday traffic is usually worse going TO Disney than AWAY FROM Disney, but sometimes there are bottlenecks around the Sea World exit or the Universal/International Drive exits.

By the time you hit the disastrous East-West Expressway exit, you're almost to the stadium anyhow.

Staying at the Berkley Hotel its on 192 near 429, not close to SeaWorld from what I can see. so 11am departure will be good then... Thanks for the info

Alfonso is running the gamewatch party but is NOT on CIS. I'm Allan there if you need me.

If coming from the Disney area on I4 it would probably be easier to exit on Orange Blossom Trail (OBT) and go north until you get to the stadium area, as opposed to continuing on I4 into the heart of downtown and going west. Heck it might even be easier to exit on John Young Parkway and go north and then go east on either Orange Center Blvd or Old Winter Garden Rd.

Advertisement
Staying at the Berkley Hotel its on 192 near 429, not close to SeaWorld from what I can see. so 11am departure will be good then... Thanks for the info

Yeah, 429 to the Turnpike to the East-West, you'll be at the stadium in less than 30 minutes. No traffic at all on Saturday morning. Now, if you take I-4, you're on your own...

If coming from the Disney area on I4 it would probably be easier to exit on Orange Blossom Trail (OBT) and go north until you get to the stadium area, as opposed to continuing on I4 into the heart of downtown and going west. Heck it might even be easier to exit on John Young Parkway and go north and then go east on either Orange Center Blvd or Old Winter Garden Rd.

Look, for people who live in Orlando, that makes perfect sense. I drive those roads all the time.

But there's no way I'm sending someone through there who is coming from out of town. JYP isn't as bad as SOBT, but the out-of-towners are better off spending an extra 2 minutes on the East-West exit rather than driving miles of JYP or SOBT.

Last edited:
Yeah, 429 to the Turnpike to the East-West, you'll be at the stadium in less than 30 minutes. No traffic at all on Saturday morning. Now, if you take I-4, you're on your own...
This is the best way if you are close to 429. It's a straight shot on toll roads.

Last edited:
Look, for people who live in Orlando, that makes perfect sense. I drive those roads all the time.

But there's no way I'm sending someone through there who is coming from out of town. JYP isn't as bad as SOBT, but he out-of-towners are better off spending an extra 2 minutes on the East-West exit rather than driving miles of JYP or SOBT.
This

Advertisement
Back