Originally from Florida, 4-star OT Zinter hopes to return to Miami for campus visit

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
2020 Massachusetts 4-star OT Zak Zinter paved the way for his high school team to go all the way in 2018, helping Buckingham, Browne, & Nichols School to multiple championships as a junior.

“I had an awesome junior season,” Zinter said. “We won our conference and won our New England Bowl game as well, so two championships. Looking to do a repeat with my team this year.”

Despite all the recent team success, Zinter has been a highly-pursued national recruit for over a year now with offers from schools like Ohio State, Notre Dame, Michigan, Penn State and a host of others from all around the country. The Miami Hurricanes also recently got in on the action when they offered Zinter in late January.

“I was really excited about the offer,” Zinter said of Miami. “It’s a great opportunity.”

Zinter is actually originally from the Sunshine State, and lived in Florida for 12 years before moving north to Massachusetts. He still makes multiple trips a year to south Florida, and that’s part of the reason why he says distance wouldn’t prohibit him from considering Miami.

“Not at all because I’m actually a Florida boy and lived there in south Florida for 12 years,” Zinter said. “My entire extended family is in Florida. We travel to Florida multiple times a year to go back home, so possibly this summer I could visit the campus.”

So, besides having a bit of a hometown feel, what else attracts him to Miami?

“I know Miami is a great academic school with good football, which are 2 of my top wants in a school,” Zinter said.

In terms of other programs, Zinter feels it’s best to keep an open mind going through the recruiting process, and has not eliminated other programs from his list as of yet.

“I haven’t really narrowed anything down, just trying to figure this all out,” Zinter said. “I would say Penn State, Notre Dame, Michigan, Boston College, Ohio State, Duke, Virginia, and Northwestern are the ones I hear the most from. But I hear from about 15 other schools multiple times a week.”

Over his spring break in late March, Zinter did a college visit tour of some northern schools that included Virginia, Duke, Boston College, Notre Dame, Penn State, Ohio State and Michigan. The 6’6” 310 pound prospect has also already scheduled a return visit to the Irish, which will be his first official visit on June 21.

Getting ready for his final season of high school ball and staying focused on his team is paramount to Zinter, which is why he intends to have a decision made before the season.

“I’m hoping to make a decision by end of summer,” Zinter said. “The top 4 things I’m looking for in a school are: high academics, really good football, a coach who can develop me for the next level, and the right brotherhood.”

Advertisement
Advertisement
Seems to put a big emphasis on quality education with the schools he's considering.

He attends BB&N, is an independent co-educational day school in Cambridge, mass. Which is were Harvard is, so it goes with question education will be big for him given the town his parents chose to live in.

Definitely at the on of the top spots on my OT want list, irregardless if the prep league has poor competition.

I would love to see how fairs at Paradise Camp against local competition.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Good interview with the young man, sounds like Notre Dame is going to be hard to beat. But let's see what happens.

Go Canes

Advertisement
This kid is no joke!!!!!! How many pancakes did he have in that video? Hope he can transition to tackle

Advertisement
He attends BB&N, is an independent co-educational day school in Cambridge, mass. Which is were Harvard is, so it goes with question education will be big for him given the town his parents chose to live in.

Definitely at the on of the top spots on my OT want list, irregardless if the prep league has poor competition.

I would love to see how fairs at Paradise Camp against local competition.

Go Canes

My alma mater! Yea BB&N is one of the best prep schools in New England and the academics are really rigerous. Definitely toughest four years of my life. Our football team has been great for a long time. Went to our bowl game this year where they shut out Clemson QB signee Taison P. 21-0. Zinter is impressive

Not sure wher he is gonna go but buzz around Michigan

Based on his desire for high level academics and football within equal footing I guess BC, ND, and Michigan are the biggest competition. Would love to land a kid like this.

Advertisement
Back