Organizational Resiliency

Being able to objectively and dispassionately identify givens and root causes is a super power.

Sub-par OL is a given. With that firmly established, what can be done (if anything) to meet the challenge of jailbreak blitzing?

Are the WRs also being exposed as sub-par?

Can they not outcompete on the instant slants or bubble screens?

Is it King's split second decision making on the give vs. keep?

It appeared several broke plays could have been big runs for King if only he kept the ball--VERY EASY for me to say because I don't have a 250lb athlete bearing down on me--my comment isn't a crticism, just observation.

Another brutal reality--Miami doesn't have all the pieces in place for a consistent long pass game. How does Lashlee keep moving the chains against above average Ds?

These HOWs on Saturday will show us where our Canes program is and what direction its headed.
I dont think Pitt has an above average defense in regards to D1 football.

I do not even believe there is another in the ACC for that matter.

I say if we clean it up, even just a little, when it comes to the penalties, we will win the rest of our games, with the UNC game being the deciding factor for the ACC championship, hopefully. With the deciding factor being that we are ranked higher, than Notre Dame.....

Advertisement
I dont think Pitt has an above average defense in regards to D1 football.

I do not even believe there is another in the ACC for that matter.

I say if we clean it up, even just a little, when it comes to the penalties, we will win the rest of our games, with the UNC game being the deciding factor for the ACC championship, hopefully. With the deciding factor being that we are ranked higher, than Notre Dame.....
Would you say Pitt has above average ACC D?

I'd bring in whoever Joe Moglia (he is too old now) recommended as an AD.

For pregame, I'd bring in a speaker with a great story to share AND who can connect in some way with the players.

One of the most inspirational speeches I ever heard came later in my previous life. I won't bore with the military details, but translated to Greentree, it would go something simply like this.

What makes a Miami Hurricane? Is it Coral Gables? Is it the University of Miami? Is it Greentree? Is it Soffer Practice Facility? Is it the cleats? The Orange and Green? Is it the entrance smoke or even the coveted U on the side of the helmet?

None of those are Miami Hurricanes, not a one. That is just a collection of stuff.

Those athletes can be Miami Hurricanes, running drills in a broke asphalt Church parking lot wearing shorts and t-shirts.

It's the man in the arena, on the field, playing to not let his team mates down. That is what, and who, Miami Hurricanes are.
You got drunk at 8:30 AM, but I like the attitude.

If I’m Miami/Manny Diaz my goal is to embarrass everyone left on my schedule by as many points as possible & then come in foaming at the mouth for a potential Clemson rematch.

If I’m Miami/Manny Diaz my goal is to embarrass everyone left on my schedule by as many points as possible & then come in foaming at the mouth for a potential Clemson rematch.
Win by three scores every single game.

Advertisement
You got drunk at 8:30 AM, but I like the attitude.
hXD3cypLkycW1hQTFz.gif

I'd say they're 3 teams that could beat us on the schedule outright. two more if we don't come to play

I'm not sure what the exact problem was, but I will say that it looked like King was having a hard time seeing downfield. He's a short QB and the throwing lanes had dudes taller than him running through them. Now I could be wrong, but it sure looked like he simply couldn't see downfield worth a ****. I was screaming at the screen to roll him out more, and they just never did.

For all his ability, he will never be a 6'5" QB that can see over the trees. So, Lashlee needs to do a better job of getting him in a position to see the field more clearly.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back