Oregon 247 Staff On what coaches Mario brings from Oregon

Advertisement
I wonder why he's so confident that the S&C guy comes. I am not sure if they overlapped, but Feeley was at FIU several years ago and is very highly regarded in the S&C community.

Advertisement
I do too; but Utah smashed them boys. Lol
They did fine against Ohio State who is arguably - behind Bama and UGA - one of the most deep rosters in terms of athletes, not including the amount of resources those programs dedicate to strength and conditioning.

The top 2 things to look for is what Oregon's injuries were like and how good they looked in the 4th quarter, especially when the game is on the line.

I'm not that familiar with Feld but will start researching him more to develop an opinion on him.

b2740008f45f16eaf517f108ce2b3906.gif

Advertisement
They did fine against Ohio State who is arguably - behind Bama and UGA - one of the most deep rosters in terms of athletes, not including the amount of resources those programs dedicate to strength and conditioning.

The top 2 things to look for is what Oregon's injuries were like and how good they looked in the 4th quarter, especially when the game is on the line.

I'm not that familiar with Feld but will start researching him more to develop an opinion on him.

They caught OSU breaking in a pretty green QB. I would argue if they played them again, it would be a different story. And UO suffered a slew of injuries this season. Not sure the prior season besides Flowe.

...and Oregon smashed and bullied Ohio State.

I know you know...but the GenPop should probably not look at one (or one matchup) instance and make broad generalization.

Feld is considered one of the top strength coaches in the nation. Not THE top guy, but he's up there.

I’m not disagreeing w/ u; but I rather have Moffitt. I also saw Stanford smash them. But let me be clear, I wouldn’t be mad if Feld came on board, not at all. Just prefer a proven S&C genius in Moffitt.

They caught OSU breaking in a pretty green QB. I would argue if they played them again, it would be a different story. And UO suffered a slew of injuries this season. Not sure the prior season besides Flowe.
And OSU and every other team they played caught OR with one of the worst P5 quarterbacks to ever lace ‘em up. Seriously, that dude was straight booty.

Advertisement
I'm gonna see if I can track down any metrics on the injuries - there's a difference between contact and non-contact injuries. Not much you can do when someone dives into your knee or you get tackled hard on your shoulder, but non-contact injuries are much more preventable.

And OSU and every other team they played caught OR with one of the worst P5 quarterbacks to ever lace ‘em up. Seriously, that dude was straight booty.

Bro; lol…I think we’re talking bout 2 different things. We’re strictly talking S&C. Lol

I’m not disagreeing w/ u; but I rather have Moffitt. I also saw Stanford smash them. But let me be clear, I wouldn’t be mad if Feld came on board, not at all. Just prefer a proven S&C genius in Moffitt.
feld can be the new moffitt. he has experience at UGA, Oregon, and Alabama - 3 premier programs

and he's young

moffitt is 100 years old and probably won't help build a long-term culture like feld can

Advertisement
I like Moffitt too. Sure hes a former Miami guy, but hes been good everywhere.

I don't mind a Miami guy if hes actually good at his job, lol.

I'm gonna see if I can track down any metrics on the injuries - there's a difference between contact and non-contact injuries. Not much you can do when someone dives into your knee or you get tackled hard on your shoulder, but non-contact injuries are much more preventable.

Let me know what u find out. Again, I would have no problem w/ Feld.

Explain how physical UO was on the offensive line?

Advertisement
Back