Orange Bowl

Miami would be the next beat acc team after clemson to draw fans to the orange bowl and a tv audience. You think peoe would give a **** about wake vs bama or pitt vs bama?

jeudy may not play the whole game but he would play the first half just to play cause he us from down here. Mack hones is bot good. I doubt they beat auburn. They will fixus in their run defense as much as possible.
I think VT is our main threat to the OB, and to a lesser extent UVA. I think VT goes if they win more games than us. Pitt, Wake... Not sure they're **** enough even with 9 wins. Unless they're ranked, in which case the OB has no choice but to pick them.

Advertisement
As much as I'd like to see it happen, why the FHUCK would a NY6 bowl invite an unranked, 4 loss (so far) team to play this game? There are shytloads of more deserving quality bowl teams with far better records/rankings with fanbases that travel well to support their teams. Stop the BS train. We are not getting an OB invite - even if Julio and Jesus from Hialeah promise to buy tix and split an arepa if the Canes are in the OB. This is probably fueled by the same delusional idiots who thought we were going to "run the table" before the season started.
educate yourself. This is embarrassing. The OB HAS TO TAKE AN ACC TEAM. If Clemson is not available, they take whichever ACC team is ranked highest in the top 25 CFP. If no ACC team is ranked in the top 25 CFP, it means they ALL SUCK AND HAVE 4 LOSSES OR MORE. Miami would have tied for first in this scenario and have the same number of losses as Pitt and UVA and beaten both head to head.

Odds are Miami loses to Duke and this is a moot point, but at least follow along intelligently.

The ACC was probably the best conference in the country in 2016. (Believe it or not). This year, the ACC is probably worse than the AAC. And even one of our G5 opponents in 2016 (App State) was actually halfway decent, and IIRC that game was on the road.

Plus we went 0-3 in games decided by 7 or less in 2016. Our closest win was by 14 points.

2016 was better than this year and it isn’t even close. TBH, if we finish 9-4 with a win over anybody not named Bama in our bowl game, I’d say that this season would pass 2013 as the worst 9-4 season I have ever seen.
We all knew coming how incredibly weak our schedule was...and most of even knew we were going to lose a game or two that we shouldnt lose. (GT & UNC), but next year is even more sickening, which I hate to say might be a good thing for us since we will be developing depth at WR and at LB....doesnt mean we should not win 10 games easily.

year after we open with Bama and then have Mich St at home...schedule gets tougher. Then in '22 we have A&M and Clemson on the road. I sure as **** hope we're developing QBs by then, because theres a good chance we have a 1st year starter that season...unless we convince Jarren to stick around for a title run....because theres no reason we should not be making a run by then!

well there's a few articles that predict it, so its not some fan based delusional idea. And a Miami team that's on a win streak playing in Miami against a good SEC team would sell out and would prob be mostly Miami fans. but you are right about not deserving to play in it. but there s a solid chance we do get the bid.
The contract suggests that if not the ACC champion, than its the next highest ranked team...and yes we would be in the conversation because were hot...if we stay hot.

BUT, Virginia Tech is HOT too, and would mostly likely be the choice. I also think Virginia gets the nod over us too...hate to say it but I feel its true,

We have lost 4 games...two of which are just horrendous.

Advertisement
I just want someone we can actually beat. To keep the momentum going into the offseason, I really don't think Bama smacking us is going to help.

The contract suggests that if not the ACC champion, than its the next highest ranked team...and yes we would be in the conversation because were hot...if we stay hot.

BUT, Virginia Tech is HOT too, and would mostly likely be the choice. I also think Virginia gets the nod over us too...hate to say it but I feel its true,

We have lost 4 games...two of which are just horrendous.
If Pitt beats VT, VT beats UVA, Pitt loses to BC, they all are 5-3 with Miami and all have 4 losses like Miami. Then VT gets killed by Clemson. Who gets it??

I agree that if any of UVA, Pitt or VT win out they probably get the OB unless it's an epic beatdown by Clemson.

If Pitt beats VT, VT beats UVA, Pitt loses to BC, they all are 5-3 with Miami and all have 4 losses like Miami. Then VT gets killed by Clemson. Who gets it??

I agree that if any of UVA, Pitt or VT win out they probably get the OB unless it's an epic beatdown by Clemson.
I sort of think VT will win out, in which case our best bet is a historic beatdown at the hands of Clemson while we eke into the rankings at 25. An 8-4 team riding a 5 game win streak isn't out of the question to be ranked... But still likely a long shot. At that point we would need Clemson to knock VT out of the polls, since they would be a 9 win team.

I sort of think VT will win out, in which case our best bet is a historic beatdown at the hands of Clemson while we eke into the rankings at 25. An 8-4 team riding a 5 game win streak isn't out of the question to be ranked... But still likely a long shot. At that point we would need Clemson to knock VT out of the polls, since they would be a 9 win team.
Yeah but even then, the OB committee would probably just select the 9 win/coastal champ. They would never hear the end of the controversy if they chose Miami. They would be asked what claim do we have, and they would realistically not have a great answer.

Advertisement
Yeah but even then, the OB committee would probably just select the 9 win/coastal champ. They would never hear the end of the controversy if they chose Miami. They would be asked what claim do we have, and they would realistically not have a great answer.
tney pick based on ticket sales, do you ******* think VT would bring more people to the OB than Miami?

not true its more about ratings than wins and losses, if VT is not in the ACCCG they have no chance, i think if they go and get blown out they also wont be chosen. a close game maybe gets them it. but still a maybe because who down here cares about VT.

I believe I read that they are contractually obligated to take the highest ranked ACC team not in the playoffs - (though I could be mistaken here). If we can somehow finish in the top 25, we may be the only one.

Edit: Here we go. "If the ACC champion qualifies for the playoffs in a year when the Orange Bowl is not a semifinal host, the next-highest ranked ACC team will play in the Orange Bowl."

"Rankings are based on the College Football Playoff committee's rankings."

I think VT is our main threat to the OB, and to a lesser extent UVA. I think VT goes if they win more games than us. Pitt, Wake... Not sure they're **** enough even with 9 wins. Unless they're ranked, in which case the OB has no choice but to pick them.

the only way i see VT or UVA going is if theyre ranked or we dont win out.

Advertisement
Perhaps the playoff committee would like to see a Miami vs SEC OB and uses the good ole eye test to make sure we are ranked or our competition at least isnt?

Advertisement
Orange Bowl.jpg

Their schedule was reallllllly bad even with notre Dame non conference.

Advertisement
Back