Orange Bowl

74527610_10219543389548069_2787464887847092224_n.jpg

Advertisement
I do. After the fck season....if we finish w/ a win streak and an Orange Bowl victory???? Yeah, sign me up for all of that.

a 9 win first season is the best our coaches have done since coker was fired (in their first season). would be even more impressive than richts turnaround in year 1 as bama is a better opponent than WVU and in a marquee bowl. would show that the team did, in fact, turn it around and unlike richts first year, we arent losing a Qb and ton of skill talent.

Advertisement
a 9 win first season is the best our coaches have done since coker was fired (in their first season). would be even more impressive than richts turnaround in year 1 as bama is a better opponent than WVU and in a marquee bowl. would show that the team did, in fact, turn it around and unlike richts first year, we arent losing a Qb and ton of skill talent.

Even though it would be a uphill battle i think the fans and the team would show up for this.

Even though it would be a uphill battle i think the fans and the team would show up for this.

agreed and even if its just to see bama, itd still be a good environment. this isa better outcome (playing a hurt bama team and possibly disinterested) than getting smoked by clemson, who funny enough has put it together again and is beating people down.

I'd be good with this as long as most of their NFL prospects sit out to prep for the draft.

Look i want to win this game as much as any cane, However i want them at there best i want to see where we are with a team like that. I want them to know if we some how win they lost to a young Miami team and come 2021 its going to be worse. I want this team at full strength. Idc the outcome

Advertisement
I want to play UGA in the Orange Bowl . Bama would still beat us . UGA I am not convinced would. If it is Bama I hope VT ends up ranked higher so they can beat like a drum. Winning the bowl game is way more important then playing in a big bowl game. I would rather play in the Music city , gator bowl ect ect and win .

As much as I'd like to see it happen, why the FHUCK would a NY6 bowl invite an unranked, 4 loss (so far) team to play this game? There are shytloads of more deserving quality bowl teams with far better records/rankings with fanbases that travel well to support their teams. Stop the BS train. We are not getting an OB invite - even if Julio and Jesus from Hialeah promise to buy tix and split an arepa if the Canes are in the OB. This is probably fueled by the same delusional idiots who thought we were going to "run the table" before the season started.

Advertisement
I want them at there best i want to see where we are with a team like that. I want them to know if we some how win they lost to a young Miami team and come 2021 its going to be worse. I want this team at full strength. Idc the outcome
We are worse than the team that lost by 30+ to Wisconsin. That's who we are. Forgive me if I don't want to face three 1st rd WR's or a slew of them on defense. With Tua, we'd get Clemson'd. I'm just over all that. Baby steps. JMO

As much as I'd like to see it happen, why the FHUCK would a NY6 bowl invite an unranked, 4 loss (so far) team to play this game? There are shytloads of more deserving quality bowl teams with far better records/rankings with fanbases that travel well to support their teams. Stop the BS train. We are not getting an OB invite - even if Julio and Jesus from Hialeah promise to buy tix and split an arepa if the Canes are in the OB. This is probably fueled by the same delusional idiots who thought we were going to "run the table" before the season started.

well there's a few articles that predict it, so its not some fan based delusional idea. And a Miami team that's on a win streak playing in Miami against a good SEC team would sell out and would prob be mostly Miami fans. but you are right about not deserving to play in it. but there s a solid chance we do get the bid.

Because their alternative is a maximum 9 win team, and potentially another 8 win team. Stop acting like it's out of the question when the OB is contractually obligated to take an ACC team, and the ACC is utter ****.

Advertisement
We are worse than the team that lost by 30+ to Wisconsin. That's who we are. Forgive me if I don't want to face three 1st rd WR's or a slew of them on defense. With Tua, we'd get Clemson'd. I'm just over all that. Baby steps. JMO

I think our defense isn't on par, but is not far from i. but our offense is much better than that offense. which seems to be now clicking.

The ACC was probably the best conference in the country in 2016. (Believe it or not). This year, the ACC is probably worse than the AAC. And even one of our G5 opponents in 2016 (App State) was actually halfway decent, and IIRC that game was on the road.

Plus we went 0-3 in games decided by 7 or less in 2016. Our closest win was by 14 points.

2016 was better than this year and it isn’t even close. TBH, if we finish 9-4 with a win over anybody not named Bama in our bowl game, I’d say that this season would pass 2013 as the worst 9-4 season I have ever seen.

Because they are contractually obligated to take an ACC team. After Clemson, who you got as your "shytloads of more deserving quality bowl teams"?

Miami would be the next beat acc team after clemson to draw fans to the orange bowl and a tv audience. You think peoe would give a **** about wake vs bama or pitt vs bama?

jeudy may not play the whole game but he would play the first half just to play cause he us from down here. Mack hones is bot good. I doubt they beat auburn. They will fixus in their run defense as much as possible.

Advertisement
Back