Optimists, pessimists and cucks

Who gives a flying **** what you or I think???

We don't know **** about **** when it comes to running football programs....

Me and ya'll are just loudmouth Fans watching from the outside....

We nothing but gnats on a donkey's ***....making lots of noise but ultimately meaningless...
Oh I wish you actually believed this about yourself.

Advertisement
Only way Miami wins under him is if someone like Highsmith is using him as a figure head and makes all the decisions. At the same time, someone like that would just fire him if they felt they needed to do that.

I and many on here have been looking at this the wrong way. But the people who have been beating the administration as the cause drum are 100 accurate.
every year we look at the playoffs and wonder what they’re doing that we aren’t.
All you have to do is ask how invested is the administration to winning at those schools? Did we build those new dorms for the school or the football team? Where TF IS THE NEW LOCKER ROOM?
How does our recruiting budget compare? We lucked out that some billionaire wanted a tax break and then our coach kissed everyone’s *** to donate money to fund the ipf while UF is about to go all in on they’re athletic upgrades and locker room while they advertise on our own stadium today. What about assistant salaries? ****! What about coaching experience?
What about a a coaching search?!
The days of taking a kid on campus and showing sht from 20 years ago are over. Kids go to other campuses and see what the school is doing and when the coach says the “school and administration are behind our quest for success and winning” they have something to back up that statement. We show them that **** Schwartz center old *** locker room. The ipf and new dorms are great. But it ain’t enough. And it sure is **** isnt enough with the abortion we just put on the field.

Advertisement
Chances of this: 5%

Chances of a good recruiter if we have another DB coach: 50%

Chances of this: 50% (being generous)

Seems like double counting with the first point on stubbornness, so will skip this one.

Seems improbable overall.
You're probably right as far as improbable overall. From my outside perspective it seems easy. I just don't understand the intense loyalty there is for coaches and failure. It brought about the end of Richt and Golden and could be the end of Manny as well.

No. He’s not the guy and he’s being enabled by people who are more incompetent than him. This is totally ***ked.

Win what?
Have a winning season? 75% chance
Win the Coastal? 38% chance
Win the conference? 1% chance
Win a National Title?
giphy.gif

Advertisement
Out score your opponents, often enough to play for ACC titles regularly and win them often enough.
If that’s how you define it, I’m going against common sentiment and I’ll say those odds are in the 25-50% range, probably closer to 50. The reality is, the coastal gives us **** easy schedules and we threw away virtually all of our games just bc we played and coaches like mongoloids on offense. I think a GREAT (not even good) can get us 3-4 wins per year...definitely.

but, in order to get there, we need a great OC, get a solid grad transfer/portal QB and need an influx of OL in transfers or recruiting.

I have no idea. You have to give a guy at least a second year IMHO or we aren't ever going to get a coach here.

No matter who the coach is, the reality is the 800 pound gorilla is sitting on the other side of the conference and that's a tough ask

1/3 he succeeds (elite with occasional opportunities to win NC)
1/3 he is mediocre (average 8-9 wins per year with the occasional potential run to CFP)
1/3 he is bad (~0.500 coach at Miami, basically like this year)

If he makes a good hire at OC and weeds out the cancers, I would expect somewhere between the top two I listed and above.

His OC hire will make or break him. We will not be able to make an evaluation on this until the end of next season. Of course, that won’t stop the geniuses here from jumping to conclusions as soon as the hire is announced (good or bad).

Advertisement
Sadly the schedule next year is so favorable it's possible we win enough of those CMU games for fans to think he's turned it around.

But to answer the question: No, I do not think there's a better than 50% chance he is a winner here.

FIU showed beyond a shadow of a doubt that manny isn’t a great coach. Okay.

He could get a lights out OC. I had originally and recently thought that might be enough. But putting the spread in place might result in a ton of bonehead plays with this set of kids. The lights out OC might not come because he knows our kids aren’t smart or he does come and they do what they do. We are then right back at 6 or 7 wins.

So, I think Manny’s Enos decision might have buried him and he is just waiting for his coffin.

20 percent chance. He has to get the great spread OC guy and the kids have to pick it up. Not feeling great typing that.

Last edited:
Who gives a flying **** what you or I think???

We don't know **** about **** when it comes to running football programs....

Me and ya'll are just loudmouth Fans watching from the outside....

We nothing but gnats on a donkey's ***....making lots of noise but ultimately meaningless...
You realize the point of a message board is to allow fans watching from the outside to voice opinions. And you are on CIS doing just that. No need to get all 14 font. Just everyone having some fun.

Advertisement
I’ve seen losers coach here for 19 years I know what it looks like 0%

Advertisement
Back