Optimists, pessimists and cucks

Ethnicsands

All-American
Is there anyone here who seriously believes there is a greater than 50% chance Manny can win at Miami? If so, tell us what is needed for that to happen, and what the chances of those things happening are.

If you think it’s possible but only 25% likely, say so.

If you think it’s less than 25% likely, sign the divorce registry anyhow.

And in all cases, all the best for a Healthy and Happy New Year to you and yours.

Advertisement
100% if he quits. Otherwise be ready to accept big talk and awol when the girl shows up for the date.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I guess it’s what your definition of winning is right?

Do I think Manny can consistently win 8-9 games a season with this new OC hire. I think it’s possible.

Do I think Manny is the coach that can win 10+ games a year and have Miami ranked in the top 10 ever year.... that is where I’m doubtful.

Advertisement
Legit question.

In today’s financial landscape, what chance does a “great” coach have of consistently competing with what we just saw in the final four?

Key word there is consistently.

I think manny has a greater than 50% chance, but he needs to kick his stubbornness to the curb. Banda and Patke need to go as with most of the offensive staff. Rumph can stay as long as the other DB coach is one that recruits well and can make up for Rumph's shortcomings.
Secondly Manny should take over the defensive side full time. Baker is a LB coach and not ready for a big time DC role.
Third he needs to get an OC that is willing to adapt. I'm not saying spread, or pro style. I'm saying create an offense year to year that best fits the team's strengths.
Last, stop being so **** stubborn on the recruiting trail!
It may seem like a lot to do, but all of this could be achieved in a single offseason.

A same happy New Years to everyone. Here's to a better 2020 for the Hurricanes

Advertisement
Is there anyone here who seriously believes there is a greater than 50% chance Manny can win at Miami? If so, tell us what is needed for that to happen, and what the chances of those things happening are.

If you think it’s possible but only 25% likely, say so.

If you think it’s less than 25% likely, sign the divorce registry anyhow.

And in all cases, all the best for a Healthy and Happy New Year to you and yours.

Succeed in getting us to 25, right around win 9-9.5 win average, with a 10 or 11 win season every 3 years...35%
Succeed in getting us to consistent top 8-15 (1 step below elite), maybe 1 out of every 4 years we win only 8-9...17%
Succed in getting us to elite, top 4-6 program in America...4%

Fail/Fired next december...65% (hopefully fired even if it is 9 wins)

Of course rooting for him, but don't see it. Think he's in over his head.

Advertisement
Back