Off-Topic Oppenheimer

1. what in gods green earth is "anita queen" 2. alabama not going with "teen" is surprising 3. kentucky is sick as **** 4. northeastern having a faible for compilations and colleges is... yeah, ok
The article said she's a **** star and had a link that I have no intention of sharing.

Advertisement
Don't read too much into it. It's just Google Trends data. All it means is those terms are more popular in those states. It's not data on ticket sales.

Of course, when you have think pieces like these written about movies, people apparently research.

That Anthony Christian Ocampo needs some sunshine in his woke life. But lets face it, dont they all?

Advertisement
Don't read too much into it. It's just Google Trends data. All it means is those terms are more popular in those states. It's not data on ticket sales.

Of course, when you have think pieces like these written about movies, people apparently research.

Took mom to see Barbie for her birthday. It sucks. First 30 mins is what you see from the advertisements which is funny.

Then the movie tanks once Barbie and Ken go to the real world. Sloppy story with no direction. instead, it’s an hour and a half of the writers lecturing us on how bad patriarchy is.

America Ferra is dreadful. Zero chemistry with the daughter. Will Ferrel’s character is just dumb. Overall, stupid movie. Save your money or spend it on Openheimer.

exactly, its a ******* movie, not a documentary, not a biography, a fecking movie.

people using movies to carve out political statements is the weirdest ******* thing
Plus I think JD kindly posted a map of the US showing the States where Barbie "beat" Oppenheimer at the box office, and vice versa. The Red States pretty much were the strongest proponents of Barbie film love. A few Leftist wags even tried to "explain" that by saying those folks were practiced in suspending reality/preferring fantasy (as in denying election results).

Plus I think JD kindly posted a map of the US showing the States where Barbie "beat" Oppenheimer at the box office, and vice versa. The Red States pretty much were the strongest proponents of Barbie film love. A few Leftist wags even tried to "explain" that by saying those folks were practiced in suspending reality/preferring fantasy (as in denying election results).
No, it was Google Trends, meaning searches. So picture people in deep red states googling Barbie to see if it was full of woke stuff and people in deep blue states googling Oppenheimer to see if it glorified nuclear weapons.

Advertisement
No, it was Google Trends, meaning searches. So picture people in deep red states googling Barbie to see if it was full of woke stuff and people in deep blue states googling Oppenheimer to see if it glorified nuclear weapons.
Thanks for the clarification. I did see something somewhere contrasting Barbie's popularity over Oppy in Red States. Will look for it.

Must be exhausting viewing things through a lens where everything is an agenda/movement.

Casting a character who is ***? "Hollywood is shoving the *** agenda down our throats"

Cast of black people - "it's woke!"

etc

So by this thought process, you must be extremely tired, because every post you make it seems is agenda driven. Go get some sleep champ....

So by this thought process, you must be extremely tired, because every post you make it seems is agenda driven. Go get some sleep champ....

Nah, my post was a commentary on those who have to find an agenda with everything. That’s all. If you couldn’t figure that out then I don’t know what to tell ya.

LGC

Advertisement
I will watch this one at home, I can't see sitting in a theater for 3 hours to watch a film about Oppenheimer. I read two of the Rhodes books about this, and at no time did I think these would make a fantastic film.

Advertisement
Film is great, even by Nolan standards. The book it's based on was co-written by an Historian of nuclear weapons and proliferation, so the source material Nolan is working with is S tier.

Quite a good IMAX movie, but imo it has close to zero rewatchability. Cut scenes/ overly loud music with also a slower story telling wont translate well to a Home Screen.

Pretty much all the showings at AutoNation IMAX theater are sold out for at least the next couple of weeks. That’s where I really want to see it.

Why do I want to go there? Once you’ve gone real IMAX, and not LieMax, you never go back.

That initial opening sequence in the Dark Knight Rises, seen on a real IMAX screen, which by the way, Nolan filmed with IMAX cameras, is one of the best and most impactful opening sequences I’ve ever watched, and part of it was the fact that it was shot with IMAX cameras and I got to see it on a real IMAX screen.

Advertisement
Back