Off-Topic Oppenheimer

Advertisement
Went to see today, the theater was packed. Excellent movie, although way too long. As much as I thought I knew, I realized I should have refreshed my memory more, so I suggest you do that before seeing.
IMAX?

Saw an interesting USA map today that shows Barbie beating Oppenheimer at the box office in the great majority of Red States and the opposite being true of Oppenheimer (more popular than Barbie in most all Blue States).

Advertisement
thats... how is that even possible?
Don't read too much into it. It's just Google Trends data. All it means is those terms are more popular in those states. It's not data on ticket sales.

Of course, when you have think pieces like these written about movies, people apparently research.

Don't read too much into it. It's just Google Trends data. All it means is those terms are more popular in those states. It's not data on ticket sales.

Of course, when you have think pieces like these written about movies, people apparently research.

oh its data on google searches. completely didn't see that.

yeah, well, then its obvious when ben shapiro is triggered because of a movie and keeps making content accusing everyone of being triggered

Advertisement
oh its data on google searches. completely didn't see that.

yeah, well, then its obvious when ben shapiro is triggered because of a movie and keeps making content accusing everyone of being triggered
That knife cuts both ways because everything is bipolar now.

Personally, I'll watch Oppenheimer once it comes to streaming, but I can't envision a scenario where I'll watch Barbie. Neither of those decisions have anything to do with political content at all.

That knife cuts both ways because everything is bipolar now.

Personally, I'll watch Oppenheimer once it comes to streaming, but I can't envision a scenario where I'll watch Barbie. Neither of those decisions have anything to do with political content at all.
exactly, its a ******* movie, not a documentary, not a biography, a fecking movie.

people using movies to carve out political statements is the weirdest ******* thing

thats... how is that even possible?

It’s kind of like the infamous Infograph about **** hub themes/searches across states and the red states were usually the ones into really weird/kinky stuff. Wild.

Last edited:
It’s kind of like the infamous Infograph about **** hub themes across states and the red states were usually the ones into really weird/kinky stuff. Wild.
almost as if old white people are into weird things, especially in alabama

Advertisement
exactly, its a ******* movie, not a documentary, not a biography, a fecking movie.

people using movies to carve out political statements is the weirdest ******* thing

This 100%. It’s a sh1tty movie but according to the right it’s all of a sudden a larger trans movement? What a stretch. The Infograph above about left leaning states “favoring” Oppenheimer tells you all you need to know about the kind of manufactured outrage that fox loves putting out there.

I still can’t beleive they made the Barbie movie and I can’t believe people are watching it

This 100%. It’s a sh1tty movie but according to the right it’s all of a sudden a larger trans movement? What a stretch. The Infograph above about left leaning states “favoring” Oppenheimer tells you all you need to know about the kind of manufactured outrage that fox loves putting out there.

I still can’t beleive they made the Barbie movie and I can’t believe people are watching it
i have a personal dislike for the character since I was a child, i just don't want to watch it, its not my cup of tea, thats just it.

but to make this a trans movement thing is so ridiculous, but thats how **** rolls. thats how parties create a voting base.

i have a personal dislike for the character since I was a child, i just don't want to watch it, its not my cup of tea, thats just it.

but to make this a trans movement thing is so ridiculous, but thats how **** rolls. thats how parties create a voting base.

Must be exhausting viewing things through a lens where everything is an agenda/movement.

Casting a character who is ***? "Hollywood is shoving the *** agenda down our throats"

Cast of black people - "it's woke!"

etc

Advertisement
It’s kind of like the infamous Infograph about **** hub themes/searches across states and the red states were usually the ones into really weird/kinky stuff. Wild.
1690289117231.png

1. what in gods green earth is "anita queen" 2. alabama not going with "teen" is surprising 3. kentucky is sick as **** 4. northeastern having a faible for compilations and colleges is... yeah, ok

Glad I'm not only one wondering wtf Anita Queen is

Advertisement
Back