Opinion thread: Mock 2021 finish

QB: IDK

I really don’t know. One part knows there’s gonna be a transfer out there but we’re gonna have to fight off UGA for them probably and another part thinks we should go after a kid like William Haskell who I’ve brought up before. Kid has a ton of untapped arm strength and is extremely smart. Braylon Braxton will be in the same ballpark.

RB: Thad

WR: Mello

WR: Jacolby

WR: Brashard

WR: Curtis

TE: Elijah

TE: Khalil

OL: McLaughlin

OL: Seymore

OL: Rodriguez

OL: Austin Barber

adding Barber gives us the road grader that we lack on the Right side. He imo is big literally and figuratively because he definitely will at least start on the interior here. Very safe pickup with him.

DE: Ishmael

DE: Patrick Payton

He needs to be here and he needed to be here before the move to MNW. I don’t know where they thought he shouldn’t be here tbh. I saw a lanky, athletic, high motor kid on tape at Miami Senior.

DT: Taylor

DT: Maason Smith

DT: Haye

I don’t think this kid is trolling. There’s a lot of reason to want to play for Coach Stroud especially with him proving to be one of the best recruiters and coach we’ve had over the past decade. Collins is dropped for numbers. Don’t care what he tests like if there’s no work ethic at this position.

LB: Davis

LB: Jaydon Hood

LB: Troutman

Strk: Smith

And here is where y’all will neg. We need actual LBs with athleticism AND need to make room for Patrick Payton and it comes in moving on from Tyler Johnson who I also think will end up being dropped. Good is a must get especially with Meeeechigan doing Meeeechigan things.

CB: Anderson

CB: McGhee

Here’s where the overhaul comes in. Brown has bust written all over him. He apparently was benched at IMG which isn’t a positive for me at all and allows me to turn my focus to these 2. Damarius McGhee should’ve been here from the start and UT struggling is something we need to take advantage of. We need to offer Anderson. That flips the entire CB scenario. This class needs to happen. This scenario shouldn’t be hard to achieve. Put Banda on it IDC! Burns being dropped has nothing in correlation to this. He was eventually going to be dropped anyways.

S: Kam

S: Williams

K: Borregales

Overall: 26 players for a gain of 5. Obviously I think the NCAA allows the expansion of the class. Gives us a class of 271.76 and probably put us in the top 7.
Does anyone have any guesses on final 3-4 spots to close out this class?

Terrence Lewis, sounds like Miami is backing off him or no?

No idea on the staff's opinion on Markevious Brown but I know they want DB Arnold.

My guess is 1-2 Cb's, a linebacker/DE like Patrick Payton possibly but any guesses on actual names?

Thanks,

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back