Opinion thread: Mock 2021 finish

Zbrod95

Thank God for the Columbus Mafia
QB: IDK

I really don’t know. One part knows there’s gonna be a transfer out there but we’re gonna have to fight off UGA for them probably and another part thinks we should go after a kid like William Haskell who I’ve brought up before. Kid has a ton of untapped arm strength and is extremely smart. Braylon Braxton will be in the same ballpark.

RB: Thad

WR: Mello

WR: Jacolby

WR: Brashard

WR: Curtis

TE: Elijah

TE: Khalil

OL: McLaughlin

OL: Seymore

OL: Rodriguez

OL: Austin Barber

adding Barber gives us the road grader that we lack on the Right side. He imo is big literally and figuratively because he definitely will at least start on the interior here. Very safe pickup with him.

DE: Ishmael

DE: Patrick Payton

He needs to be here and he needed to be here before the move to MNW. I don’t know where they thought he shouldn’t be here tbh. I saw a lanky, athletic, high motor kid on tape at Miami Senior.

DT: Taylor

DT: Maason Smith

DT: Haye

I don’t think this kid is trolling. There’s a lot of reason to want to play for Coach Stroud especially with him proving to be one of the best recruiters and coach we’ve had over the past decade. Collins is dropped for numbers. Don’t care what he tests like if there’s no work ethic at this position.

LB: Davis

LB: Jaydon Hood

LB: Troutman

Strk: Smith

And here is where y’all will neg. We need actual LBs with athleticism AND need to make room for Patrick Payton and it comes in moving on from Tyler Johnson who I also think will end up being dropped. Good is a must get especially with Meeeechigan doing Meeeechigan things.

CB: Anderson

CB: McGhee

Here’s where the overhaul comes in. Brown has bust written all over him. He apparently was benched at IMG which isn’t a positive for me at all and allows me to turn my focus to these 2. Damarius McGhee should’ve been here from the start and UT struggling is something we need to take advantage of. We need to offer Anderson. That flips the entire CB scenario. This class needs to happen. This scenario shouldn’t be hard to achieve. Put Banda on it IDC! Burns being dropped has nothing in correlation to this. He was eventually going to be dropped anyways.

S: Kam

S: Williams

K: Borregales

Overall: 26 players for a gain of 5. Obviously I think the NCAA allows the expansion of the class. Gives us a class of 271.76 and probably put us in the top 7.

Advertisement
I like it but I'll believe the NCAA allows more initial counters when it happens. It'd definitely be nice to have those 2 more spots.
Problem is that we need to us it on a position with little depth. CB fits but I don’t want 4 backers in this class. Next years class is a talented Backer class. So where exactly do we go from there?

the questions for me are how they fit in patrick payton, whether thomas davis sticks, and what they do at CB. otherwise the class feels pretty static to me.

davis could be a flip at any point and johnson is first team all dade who has apparently impressed so far this year so i'm not really sure i see him being dropped.

i know people are obsessed w/ curtis playing WR and i'm not going to pretend to know which position is best for him but we need physicality at WR more than anything, and the numbers at CB are so bad, that i don't have a problem w/ them starting him at corner. there is going to be a real logjam at WR beginning next season and his skill set is a bit redundant w/ what we will have on the roster.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Is Anderson the 4 star corner from Atlanta. I like curtis at receiver but the way numbers are looking right now hard to see him anywhere but defense unless staff pulls a recruiting rabbit out its hat.

mason smith

inside the nba laughing GIF by NBA on TNT

ive heard a possible name at CB thats a silent flip, no troll.... you guys will know soon enough, thats all i will say.... remember this post
lolol nit trying to discredit you, however it’s the silent commitment again. Yet we allow a guy like burns to go!!!

Advertisement
You don’t like how Brown got benched at IMG but hood isn’t getting much burn at STA according to some on this board.

No way they drop Jaquan’s brother at LB.

McGee is all SEC same with Anderson if he leaves Pitt

Would love for Smith to come but the last time the #1 player in the state didn’t play at LSU was 2012 and Landon Collins ended at Bama.

Agree with you on barber and Payton

Also curious who your last man out is if the IC counter stays at 25

Advertisement
That class has a lot of wishful thinking on the defensive side I’d take it in a heartbeat

I'm okay with the 26, even if we have to count 2 forward and only take 23 in 2022.

With Barbers decommit yesterday I can agree with him being OL #4 with us.

Curtis at WR sounds right, gives us 2 elite speed WRs and also instantly improves our Punt Return game

Don't see us getting Maason Smith, but IF ER20 pulls that one off, Collins would have to go

I don't see Jaydon Hood making it into the class, I think we stick with TJohnson and make a TOUGH decision if T2 wants in. But TJ-Troutman-Chase all stick in ADDITION to T2 if he wants in (more on that later)

I like us signing Payton and Ishmael at DE....LB/DE Davis gets in only if T2 doesn't come. T2 wants in, TDavis loses his spot

I like McGhee at CB, don't see Anderson coming to us....I say we wind up flipping 1 of 3 McBurrows-Knowles-Cooper

Safety class is locked up and kicker is locked up.

I'm okay with the 26, even if we have to count 2 forward and only take 23 in 2022.

With Barbers decommit yesterday I can agree with him being OL #4 with us.

Curtis at WR sounds right, gives us 2 elite speed WRs and also instantly improves our Punt Return game

Don't see us getting Maason Smith, but IF ER20 pulls that one off, Collins would have to go

I don't see Jaydon Hood making it into the class, I think we stick with TJohnson and make a TOUGH decision if T2 wants in. But TJ-Troutman-Chase all stick in ADDITION to T2 if he wants in (more on that later)

I like us signing Payton and Ishmael at DE....LB/DE Davis gets in only if T2 doesn't come. T2 wants in, TDavis loses his spot

I like McGhee at CB, don't see Anderson coming to us....I say we wind up flipping 1 of 3 McBurrows-Knowles-Cooper

Safety class is locked up and kicker is locked up.
Davis is staying no matter what. Tyler has character issues and was suspended twice in 6 months. As of now he’s staying but we need true LBs playing. Not a hybrid pass rusher. Davis is even playing LB this year inside of a hybrid role. Not every single one of these hybrid pass rushers are going to be a decent LB like Brooks.

Advertisement
Back