Opinion on how to treat ex-Cane grad transfers

Blacklisting a kid who made the decision to sign with your team, spent 4 years busting his a$$ for the program, but then leaves to seek a better playing opportunity for his final year is douche-bag ****. That's not being emotionally invested, that's being a cornball super-fan tool. At the end of the day it's a kid. A kid who liked your beloved program enough to dedicate 4 years of his blood, sweat and tears to it. (which is more than 99% of fans have contributed)

Who "blacklisted" anyone?

Hyperbole much corch?

Advertisement
I’ll buy them a drink and Irish exit on them before they finish. The same way they Irish exited on their teammates.

Every single Cane football player who has ever played for Miami is more Cane than any ‘Miami Hurricane fan’ could ever be. (To include but not limited to alumni, season ticket holders, multiple degree holders, and fans born/bred in Coral Gables/Miami/Dade/SFL/FL)

If you haven’t put your time in on Greentree then you’re being vicarious and have no platform from which to judge.

Linder, Odogwu, Edwards, Allison, Owens, etc. ... cool with me.

I know this is just contrarian drivel made to illicit emotional responses, but I will entertain your fantasy for a minute.

Is it really your contention that a kid like Sam Bruce, who was a problem from the day he signed onto the program (photographs on social media with guns), hurt himself playing basketball then lied to the coaches, never played in an actual game, and finally got kicked off the team for getting arrested for smoking weed in a parking lot (again, without ever playing a down of football for UM), is "more Cane" than a UM alumni made in Dade who has season tickets and makes yearly contributions to the school? If so, did you ever stop to think that being a "Cane" is more than just playing football for UM? Did you consider that there may be other ways for students and alumni to represent the U than to "put [their] time in on Greentree"? Did you imagine members of the community who perhaps did not attend UM (for any of a myriad of reasons) might nonetheless advance UM's interests at large? Or that there are other ways for people to meaningfully contribute to the U, besides playing football? Did you once contemplate that UM just might be bigger than Greentree?

Don't bother with a response. The questions were clearly rhetorical. And in any case, we all already know the only thing going through your head as you typed this nonsense was a snarky attitude coupled with a sad yearning to have people on an online message board discuss your post. Pathetic.

What an incredibly stupid post. You need to read the premise of the thread. That’s if you can take off the clown nose that’s preventing your vision. I won’t even dignify such nonsense with an answer (I stopped reading halfway through so why would I).

Idiot.

You shouldn't be calling anyone an idiot. You are the biggest ****** on this entire site. Just look at your bar. LMAO. You are nearing 50% red.

Blacklisting a kid who made the decision to sign with your team, spent 4 years busting his a$$ for the program, but then leaves to seek a better playing opportunity for his final year is douche-bag ****. That's not being emotionally invested, that's being a cornball super-fan tool. At the end of the day it's a kid. A kid who liked your beloved program enough to dedicate 4 years of his blood, sweat and tears to it. (which is more than 99% of fans have contributed)

This is the best post in this thread.

They did their time. Gave us what they could. Got that paper and went to see if they could find themselves a place that could provide them a better opportunity for playing time.

None of ya'll would trash Pfenninger, who, gave pretty great insight into his life, the life of a walk-on, the team, and was pretty detailed into his reasons for transferring, life post-transfer, etc. If you couldn't look at this dude's posts and understand why others would transfer from Miami as a grad-transfer, idk wtf is wrong with you.

Fans here would rather these players ride the bench and never play versus seeing if they actually GOT IT elsewhere. Its not quitting, its called opportunity. Whether it be athletically or in Pfenny's case, professionally.

Fifth year? Its money making time for these guys. If they aren't making it here...by all means, go elsewhere and rep that U.

Advertisement
Grad transfers will always happen if they are ex canes just want wish them the best and move on .even we have gotten some .what's the beef kid made a decision that was best for them I'm not going to berate a kid leaving here and then pat one on the back for coming here.I would treat both them the same.thank you for being a cane.

What an incredibly stupid post. You need to read the premise of the thread. That’s if you can take off the clown nose that’s preventing your vision. I won’t even dignify such nonsense with an answer (I stopped reading halfway through so why would I).

Idiot.

Nice try. OP begins the discussion with graduate transfers. You respond with the overbroad statement that "[e]very single Cane football player who has ever played for Miami is more Cane than any ‘Miami Hurricane fan’ could ever be." That's about as unqualified and unconstrained as it gets.

The premise of the thread was confined until you very clearly (and purposefully) expanded the topic of conversation beyond graduate transfers. You didn't make a such a broad, sweeping statement because you have the mind of an ****-ant or an idiot (solid stream of insults, by the way). You did it because you have the mind of a parasite -- small, self-centered, and contrarian -- and you wanted to make a statement that would agitate people. That's pretty sad.

Although your troll-game is more inconspicuous than most, you have been outed by many for the pathetic troll that you are. We see you there, under your bridge, foul-breath fogging up the computer monitor in your grandmother's basement, waiting for unsuspecting posters.

Idiot.

NoFlyZone is spot on. You sir, are not.

Uhm, uh, no. You can disagree, but you can’t exactl call BS. (Well, you can but it doesn’t make sense...)

Again...those “bleeders” are living vicariously through the players who built The U mystique. Fans didn’t. Boosters didn’t. Players on Greentree did. All, that “invested…” don’t mean crap to scholarship players that know the team only supports them if they’re succeeding (if not they’re calling them jags, and saying they’re busts, and saying they’re undeserving of a scholarship...).
See if a program can survive without fans, & Donors.
It's a symbiotic relationship..

Advertisement
This is the best post in this thread.

They did their time. Gave us what they could. Got that paper and went to see if they could find themselves a place that could provide them a better opportunity for playing time.

None of ya'll would trash Pfenninger, who, gave pretty great insight into his life, the life of a walk-on, the team, and was pretty detailed into his reasons for transferring, life post-transfer, etc. If you couldn't look at this dude's posts and understand why others would transfer from Miami as a grad-transfer, idk wtf is wrong with you.

Fans here would rather these players ride the bench and never play versus seeing if they actually GOT IT elsewhere. Its not quitting, its called opportunity. Whether it be athletically or in Pfenny's case, professionally.

Fifth year? Its money making time for these guys. If they aren't making it here...by all means, go elsewhere and rep that U.
I appreciate it man. In my case being a grad transfer didn’t end up working out in my favor on the field and I regret that aspect, but it is what it is. I still got a great and useful degree out of it that’ll help me in my career.

My allegiance always has and always will be with The U and I’m ecstatic that we’re back in the national title hunt.

It’s only a terrible example to smug pricks who casually use words like asinine and then get their emotions bent out of place that people might not agree with them.

Some fans want to be more important than the players who actually practice and play the game - putting themselves in the place of players as the most important cog. You, from your outbursts, appear to be one. And, you’re not sure how to use vicarious.
Like Nevin?..

Why would anyone concern themselves if a player lost at the bottom of the depth chart graduates and moves on to a smaller school for one shot at real playing time? He’s not playing at The U except for Savannah State-type games. Good luck to him wherever he plays. Make use of that degree.

I’m supposed to dislike this person? Why? If nothing else, he made another scholarship available to an incoming player. Maybe the next Ahmmon Richards, Travis Homer, or Jaquan Johnson.

I’d have nothing but respect, unless he talked trash about the program.

IF YOU Graduated and played here as a Cane....you're a Cane for Life.

IF YOU spent your entire CFB career ( whatever length) as a Cane...you're a Cane for Life

IF YOU spent the last year if your CFB career as a Cane ....you're a Cane for Life

IF YOU want to be a Cane for Life....you can be a Cane for Life

Advertisement
"Opinion on how to treat ex-Cane grad transfers"

I treat them the way I treat most people on this website.

Just ignore them.

Advertisement
Back