Operation Public *****…

Beasties are my all time favorite band. I saw them in Atlanta with Rancid in 1998 and I went to their last south Florida concert at Langerado in 2008. I also saw them at the BB&T center or whatever it was called in like 2007 I wanna say?
98 was when they put out Intergalactic....I think they won a Grammy in 99....

Advertisement
Nah. By then License to Ill had already blown up. They opened for Run DMC in 1986 for the Raisin' **** tour but the 1987 tour had the Beastie Boys as the headliners. I think it was called the Together Forever tour.
They were swapping headline duties throughout the tour... Run-DMC held most of the headline dates but yes the Beastie's did headline a bunch of shows...

Juanfromlittlehavana is who I hope you are referring to...that guy is in the HOF of CIS. One of the many characters to cycle through...

Go Canes!
Im not familiar with that name--but maybe the mix up is on me. I havent been here as long as most of you, but I do peruse the archives from time to time.

I believe I'm referring to "Juan From The Blue Lot". From what I could tell, he often challenged porsters and offered free trips to a "body bag lyfe".

Same gato or different gato??

98 was when they put out Intergalactic....I think they won a Grammy in 99....
The Hello Nasty tour. DJ Hurricane opened the show, followed by Rancid and the Beastie Boys. One of my favorite concerts ever. It’s hard for me to pick a favorite album but Hello Nasty might be the best top to bottom record they ever made. Every song is a banger.

Advertisement
They were swapping headline duties throughout the tour... Run-DMC held most of the headline dates but yes the Beastie's did headline a bunch of shows...
I think RUN was at that show. I saw LL around them. First time I saw RUN DMC was in 84 or 85 at Howard University

The Hello Nasty tour. DJ Hurricane opened the show, followed by Rancid and the Beastie Boys. One of my favorite concerts ever. It’s hard for me to pick a favorite album but Hello Nasty might be the best top to bottom record they ever made. Every song is a banger.
I met Lars from Rancid like 20 years ago. A friend of mine grew up with him in the Bay Area.

Advertisement
I met Chuck D at the Atlanta airport about 15 years ago. I was loading my kids and car seats into my car when I see Chuck just sitting, reading a book and waiting for his ride. I introduced myself and said I’d been a fan since 1988. Before I could say anything else he stopped me and started asking me questions; what did I do for a living, etc…
This mega star was alone and wanted to know about me. I still can’t get over his humility. It’s nice when the people you admire are actually as you hope they would be.

I met Chuck D at the Atlanta airport about 15 years ago. I was loading my kids and car seats into my car when I see Chuck just sitting, reading a book and waiting for his ride. I introduced myself and said I’d been a fan since 1988. Before I could say anything else he stopped me and started asking me questions; what did I do for a living, etc…
This mega star was alone and wanted to know about me. I still can’t get over his humility. It’s nice when the people you admire are actually as you hope they would be.
I've had stuff like that several times..back in 1985 I was a Sous Chef in St Pete...and a Good friend owned Jerry's Rock & Disco in Pinellas Park...I'd go drink some Beers their on the weekends. One particular day I walk in...sit down and order a Beer...Some guy was sitting next to me...and come to find out it was the Lead Singer of Molly Hatchet...Danny Joe Brown...just like you, he was more interested in talking about my life, than his...he was very unassuming...and a down to earth guy...unfortunately he passed away in 07 in Davie, Fl....Super cool Dude...

I've had stuff like that several times..back in 1985 I was a Sous Chef in St Pete...and a Good friend owned Jerry's Rock & Disco in Pinellas Park...I'd go drink some Beers their on the weekends. One particular day I walk in...sit down and order a Beer...Some guy was sitting next to me...and come to find out it was the Lead Singer of Molly Hatchet...Danny Joe Brown...just like you, he was more interested in talking about my life, than his...he was very unassuming...and a down to earth guy...unfortunately he passed away in 07 in Davie, Fl....Super cool Dude...
I have a cousin that’s played bass guitar for well over 40 years. He’s been in several bands throughout the years and played in about every bar in Dade, Broward, and PB counties.

Back in the late 70’s, he was in a band that played a lot of southern rock covers. Danny saw them play one night and asked them to open for them at a bar in Ft Lauderdale ( the name escapes me). Anyway, my cousin said the same thing you did about Danny - one of the nicest guys he’s ever met.

Good group as well
I once hung out with Lemmy from Motörhead at the Cheetah.

Advertisement
I have a cousin that’s played bass guitar for well over 40 years. He’s been in several bands throughout the years and played in about every bar in Dade, Broward, and PB counties.

Back in the late 70’s, he was in a band that played a lot of southern rock covers. Danny saw them play one night and asked them to open for them at a bar in Ft Lauderdale ( the name escapes me). Anyway, my cousin said the same thing you did about Danny - one of the nicest guys he’s ever met.
I also met 2 of the members of Cheap Trick...Robin Zander and Bun E Carlos...Super Cool guys....and in 1986 I chefed a Private Party at a Restaurant in St Pete for the Band Ratt...this was 2 days before their Concert with Poison...Sat and talked with Guitarist Warren DiMartini for awhile...Also Super Cool dudes...

Advertisement
I also met 2 of the members of Cheap Trick...Robin Zander and Bun E Carlos...Super Cool guys....and in 1986 I chefed a Private Party at a Restaurant in St Pete for the Band Ratt...this was 2 days before their Concert with Poison...Sat and talked with Guitarist Warren DiMartini for awhile...Also Super Cool dudes...
Round and Round baby! Warren is little tastly lick-playin ****!

Advertisement
Back