Opening the playbook

Advertisement
Needs to be Emory if he's the future after TVD. Brown AFTER Emory gets some run.
Not if they're thinking about red shirting Emory. This is where losing Garcia hurts (notwithstanding his struggles at Missouri). They're down to 7 starts, 3 for Emory. I tend to think they may go with Jacurri against Bethune if for nothing else but to get some film on him in the new offense. It may help him development wise. But I'm increasingly believing if a redshirt is blown, it's going to be Emory's. I'm not sure how they are going to manage it.

These next two games are going to be about getting the second and third string reps to improve our depth.

Last edited:
If the canes get 28+ at half time I would pull him. No need for him to get hurt. Stats are good but I would rather have a healthy QB when we hit conference play.
If we're running rough-shod over them, I'd pull TVD sooner.

If you're thinking about Heisman votes, the voters know who the competition is. You don't get points for beating up on Bethune.

TVD’s heisman campaign will need to be in the ballpark stats wise, but I think the wins is what gets him to be a finalist. If we are a 1 or two loss team come December, he’ll be up here in NY.

Advertisement
Baby Miami gave us the short passes and run game. The Aggies took the short game away and gave us the longer passing game. Whoever we play more of the same thought. Take what they are giving us. Heck with forcing things to pad anyone's stats.
Agreed. If BC plays their DB’s 10 yards off like Ohio did, you take the 7 yard pass. And you tell your WR’s to block 10 yards downfield And take advantage of that.
Every game is about matchups, at every level of sports. Find the best matchup for that game and exploit it.

People are thinking it will be Brown.

I get the rationale behind this sentiment. Allot of people are sky high on this kid.

imo Jacurri gets stashed primarily to be used in key situational packages in big games where we need to move the chains and keep the clock moving while still being able to garner respect for the qb smash pa pass game ( ala Tebow )

I’m circling Clemson / FSU / ACC TBD opp for 11’s moments in 2023.

I could be way off, but 11 with proper training and efficient play calling that plays to his strengths can be a problem in certain game situations.

Advertisement
If Bethune comes out like Miami, OH then you'll get a balanced attack. If they come out like TAM then you'll get an air attack.

Dawson runs his offense in response to what the D decides to do then he attacks the weakness.

Advertisement
I doubt TVD plays more than two quarters Thursday and they'll likely keep things really basic. They should be able to dominate on the line and just run the ball down BCC's throats. Still he'll have opportunities and these are the types of games where receivers can turn simple passes into huge gains. Same for the following week at Temple. They're not going to go crazy and let Tyler throw the ball 40 times against these weak teams just to pad his stats.
I certainly hope you're right and we can get TVD off the field at halftime (after he plays a GREAT 1st half) Go Canes 🏈

TVD’s heisman campaign will need to be in the ballpark stats wise, but I think the wins is what gets him to be a finalist. If we are a 1 or two loss team come December, he’ll be up here in NY.
This board drives me absolutely crazy. Two games in we are talking Heisman. i guess if you’re so bored have at it. I’ll wait until NC Clemson and FreeShoes. Of those 3 I really want to crush Mack who enjoyed humiliating us and the always arrogant Dabo a true ***. If we are still going strong we can beat the Hicks in da Sticks.

This board drives me absolutely crazy. Two games in we are talking Heisman. i guess if you’re so bored have at it. I’ll wait until NC Clemson and FreeShoes. Of those 3 I really want to crush Mack who enjoyed humiliating us and the always arrogant Dabo a true ***. If we are still going strong we can beat the Hicks in da Sticks.
TVD was literally a preseason heisman candidate last season. Where have you been?

Advertisement
TVD was literally a preseason heisman candidate last season. Where have you been?
I just don’t want to get overly hyped as I have been for the past 20 years of sludge. I’m a sober fan taking one game at a time. I can dream but I should as **** won’t talk about it as if it has arrived. Yet.

They rather protect him from some JV guy taking a late shot at him than Heisman.
His NFL draft is more important than any college accolades..
Yeah, this is the other side of that thought process. You definitely don't want him to sustain a cheap injury. I think he can put up good numbers pretty quickly. Any time you step on the field the potential for injury is there, I know he's 39, but look at Aaron Rodgers.

I just don’t want to get overly hyped as I have been for the past 20 years of sludge. I’m a sober fan taking one game at a time. I can dream but I should as **** won’t talk about it as if it has arrived. Yet.
It might have arrived! We haven't played bums yet like most other teams have and Tyler is 23rd in passing yards. The only 5 guys ahead of him in completion % with as many yards are (Sheduer, Caleb, Hartman, Rattler, Nix). Tyler is 9th in QBR... Again, he hasn't even had a chance to pad stats at all yet

It might have arrived! We haven't played bums yet like most other teams have and Tyler is 23rd in passing yards. The only 5 guys ahead of him in completion % with as many yards are (Sheduer, Caleb, Hartman, Rattler, Nix). Tyler is 9th in QBR... Again, he hasn't even had a chance to pad stats at all yet
Week 3+ first time in years still flying.

Attachments

• IMG_0013.jpeg
    IMG_0013.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Advertisement
Back