Opening Testing #'s

Advertisement
[MENTION=1279]gogeta4[/MENTION] spitting facts. This is why you get the best athletes possible, and you go from there. Ahmon Richards, Travis(who will be a baller), and Joe Jackson. Some of the best athletes on the team, and pretty much ballers during their freshman years. Travis in spurts on special teams, but once he is more consistent he will be........

Some of these kids are overrated, and dont have the measurables. A kid who is supposed 6'5 and runs a 4.5 40 yard dash is really 6'1 or 6'2 with short arms and runs a 4.8. Hopefully the coaches are elite evaluators close to what Butch was and probably still is. The better athletes UM can get the more games that will be won, and more kids will get put in the league. Win win situation.

First, this shouldn't even be possible:
OL Ed Montilus – Listed at 6-2, 288 with a 6 flat in the 40.

I don't think i've ever seen a 6.00 40 in my life, outside of Rich Eisen.

Also, what's with all the scratches? Seems odd to participate but then have your numbers scratched.

My old center ran a 6 flat....again my school was absolutely horrendous

Advertisement
View attachment 43061
(Hall is on the far right in the orange shirt)

I already posted this pic in the other thread, but I'll do it again in this one...

I don't think those measurements are all accurate, I don't believe for one second that Hall is 5'10, Amari Carter is 6'2 & he's basically the same size as him.

Does Mark Pope have the longest neck ever recorded for a human being?

Didn't notice at first, but holy **** that looks photoshopped.

His neck was actually photoshopped/shortened in that pic.

The opening website listed the conditions, looks like i was right the field was wet. Pretty much 90% of the people in this thread are full of ****. Probably the reason most guys refused to have their times posted because they knew idiots like you would jump to conclusions.

OUTDOORS * SURFACE: FIELDTURF * WEATHER: 75 DEGREES, SOME SHOWERS

Last edited:
Advertisement
2013 NFL Draft: A look at the average NFL Combine number over a 5-yr period - Revenge of the Birds

These are the average testing numbers for the combine for the last five years encase you guys want a good reference to if they are slow/fast/explosive.

Edit: After looking it over everyone seems to of had below average number which is expected seeing as these are high school kids. One that stood out though was David Reese. He had good numbers for a safety even though he has 2 inches and 10 more pounds than the average one. Hope we land this kind of athlete.

Actually because there are so many unconfirmed and unofficial 40 times from players while they're in high school...most players run a "slower 40" at the NFL combine. I think SB Nation did a story of how most of the players at the combine ran a slower 40 than hey did in high school.

2013 NFL Draft: A look at the average NFL Combine number over a 5-yr period - Revenge of the Birds

These are the average testing numbers for the combine for the last five years encase you guys want a good reference to if they are slow/fast/explosive.

Edit: After looking it over everyone seems to of had below average number which is expected seeing as these are high school kids. One that stood out though was David Reese. He had good numbers for a safety even though he has 2 inches and 10 more pounds than the average one. Hope we land this kind of athlete.

Actually because there are so many unconfirmed and unofficial 40 times from players while they're in high school...most players run a "slower 40" at the NFL combine. I think SB Nation did a story of how most of the players at the combine ran a slower 40 than hey did in high school.

Comparing NFL and high school 40-yard dash times: A horrifying revelation - SBNation.com

Advertisement
View attachment 43061
(Hall is on the far right in the orange shirt)

I already posted this pic in the other thread, but I'll do it again in this one...

I don't think those measurements are all accurate, I don't believe for one second that Hall is 5'10, Amari Carter is 6'2 & he's basically the same size as him.

I think we get too obsessed with measurable waayyy too soon...these guys are still growing and will physically mature with a college nutrition and weight program helping them do just that...if you know what to look for...trust your eyes....Gurvan Hall's height changes nothing from what I see on film...1 inch difference...really makes no difference...all these measurables are skewed just ah bit for recruiting purposes...
I'm one of the biggest fans of G Hall on this site, in fact I was on of the first people to post about him on here... I have never questioned his skill set or his ability.

I simply don't believe he's 5'10, I've seen him play live & have seen him in person he doesn't look that height to me.

I could be wrong, but I'm just saying I don't trust that measurement. Once he comes to Miami & is measured as the same, then I'll believe it.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

You don't believe his height based on 100% accurate measurements.

have you ever been to a Nike camp?

[MENTION=1279]gogeta4[/MENTION] spitting facts. This is why you get the best athletes possible, and you go from there. Ahmon Richards, Travis(who will be a baller), and Joe Jackson. Some of the best athletes on the team, and pretty much baldest during their freshman years. Travis in spurts on special teams, but once he is more consistent he will be........

Some of these kids are overrated, and dont have the measurables. A kid who is supposed 6'5 and runs a 4.5 40 yard dash is really 6'1 or 6'2 with short arms and runs a 4.8. Hopefully the coaches are elite evaluators close to what Butch was and probably still is. The better athletes UM can get the more games that will be won, and more kids will get put in the league. Win win situation.

Well said!

Some of these dudes are idiotic homers!

Advertisement

Comparing NFL and high school 40-yard dash times: A horrifying revelation - SBNation.com

I kinda wanna blame this on the times we were living in where a lot of those players didn't have laser timed 40s much like they do now for most players who go to these events. I think ESPN had laser times for some of the events they held but most of those events relied on hand time which of course is gonna say that they have the next fastest kid there. I remember during the 2000s almost every kid at those camps was running a 4.2. **** the fastest kid in Orlando ran a 4.39.

Nike is where you see what these guys really have.

And you see all the scratches who are ashamed of their official times that dont match with their made up 4.4. times.

Funny when people find out that Hightower and Thompson run closer to Dingle's times than what they think. **** Pope aint even put his weight numbers.

I review these every year...i remember it being the first time i saw who Travis Homer was because he had crazy score and the measurables, also david reese been doing this for years.

Diamante Howard looked bad trying to play db you could see it was one of his first times...

Amari Burney sticks out like a sore thumb. Need to be all over that kid.

Sevyn Banks is a name i never heard but he has a uf, vt, auburn offer as a db/cb he had real good numbers and is out of Jones High in Orlando.

CJ Smith had good numbers.

Gurvan Hall is wayy smaller than i thought.

Tyreke Johnson had solid numbers.

The Miami Opening is coming....so pay attention....

SDam Brooks out of MNW had some good numbers as well. and Justin Fields a qb out of GA that ran a 4.5 at 220 pds

Well said man and I completely agree.

Amari Burney is an absolute monster!

He'll be a 5 star by the time the recruiting cycle is done.

No Xavier Thomas comments? Wow, that kid was beasting out there. Sub 4.6 at almost 260 pounds?! Are we on this kid at all?

Also, virtually all the IMG kids tested really well.

Advertisement
Back