Open Letter to the College Football Hall of Fame

Advertisement
Winning percentage.

A coach becomes eligible three years after retirement or immediately following retirement provided he is at least 70 years of age. Active coaches become eligible at 75 years of age. He must have been a head coach for a minimum of 10 years and coached at least 100 games with a .600 winning percentage*.

Howard is old enough.

Howard coached enough years.

Howard coached enough games.

Howard's winning percentage barely breaks .500. Louisville and FAU killed him, he was sub-.500 at both places.
Interesting, I did not know that stuff. I could be wrong but I don't think Gene Stallings won 100 games. That is in my head because I have lots of Bama people in family and them talking about Bama did not start with Saban. Gene is the smuck that gout one from us. I wonder if they make exceptions; would seem so.

I Love English Muffins....
I just learned how to make a poached egg since my wife is off fried foods right now and love eggs. I'm not much of a fan of Canadian but if you can give me easy way to due that sauce I will slap part of center cut ham with a couple of those eggs on two English Muffins so I can pretend to be a chef.

Advertisement
Interesting, I did not know that stuff. I could be wrong but I don't think Gene Stallings won 100 games. That is in my head because I have lots of Bama people in family and them talking about Bama did not start with Saban. Gene is the smuck that gout one from us. I wonder if they make exceptions; would seem so.
Then Schnelly should be in there...

Coach 100 games, not win 100.

A coach could get into the CF-HOF with a 60-40 record.

Stallings went 97-61-2 for a .614 winning percentage.

I just learned how to make a poached egg since my wife is off fried foods right now and love eggs. I'm not much of a fan of Canadian but if you can give me easy way to due that sauce I will slap part of center cut ham with a couple of those eggs on two English Muffins so I can pretend to be a chef.
Always add a tablespoon of Vinegar to your simmering water...and create a Vortex (Whirlpool if you will) so when you drop the egg/eggs, each one will stay within its own..

Advertisement
Always add a tablespoon of Vinegar to your simmering water...and create a Vortex (Whirlpool if you will) so when you drop the egg/eggs, each one will stay within its own..
Thanks, I got that. Now I need an nice easy way to make Hollandaise sauce for eggs benedict. See, like any Southerner I have grits, ham,bacon, and eggs down pat, but I need something fancy to say I learned during the China virus thing. Next week you can teach me Bernaise sauce for my tenderloins.

Thanks, I got that. Now I need an nice easy way to make Hollandaise sauce for eggs benedict. See, like any Southerner I have grits, ham,bacon, and eggs down pat, but I need something fancy to say I learned during the China virus thing. Next week you can teach me Bernaise sauce for my tenderloins.
Bernaise is Hollandaise with a Tarragon Reduction added to it...

Curse it, the infamous technicality. Hum, law is against Howard, facts are against him, time to just pound on the table -- JUST ISN'T FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bernaise is Hollandaise with a Tarragon Reduction added to it...
I knew the Hollandaise came first now if I had any idea what a Tarragon Reduction. French cooking is very complicated. Southern is simpler, just make sure bacon and butter are plentiful and go at it. Italian is forgiving if you have good sausage tomatoes and cheese. Why are the French always such pains. My hat is always off to those who cook.

Advertisement
I knew the Hollandaise came first now if I had any idea what a Tarragon Reduction. French cooking is very complicated. Southern is simpler, just make sure bacon and butter are plentiful and go at it. Italian is forgiving if you have good sausage tomatoes and cheese. Why are the French always such pains. My hat is always off to those who cook.
In saute pan combine some Champagne Vinegar and white wine, with fresh finely chopped Tarragon...slowly simmer till there is no liquid left in pan...then wisk the tarragon reduction into the Hollandaise...

Even though I'm italian....im well versed in French cuisine...Lots of similarities between the 2....

Advertisement

Still believe to this day his one year failure at Oklahoma has a lot to do with it. His offensive innovation along with running pro set and changing the game away from option, veer, run and shoot should be a huge consideration. Although the hallmark of his Miami teams was defense and he did run a 5-2.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back