Open Invitation To Sam Brooks

WhatTheHell

"WE CANT DEMAND PERFECTION.”
Banned
You say the word and a group of us will form an angry, torch-carrying mob the likes of which haven't been seen since the Witch Trials, and we will kick down the doors of Manure's office, dangle him outside of his window, and ensure you're never be taken off the field again.

If I have to watch one more confused bum play LB in slow motion and occasionally wheeze their way over to the action only to get bodyslammed into the Earth, I'm gonna fcking puke. These guys should just be given a camera and a press pass because they're always in perfect trailing position to get some great action shots, and there's never any risk of them making a tackle or hurting the equipment.

I've never seen a Miami team so slow to the edge in my life.

Sam is big, fast, and can hit. Manure needs to stop coaching like he's at the YMCA after school and let the real talent hit the field. The LBs hes trotting out are a mess.

Advertisement
You say the word and a group of us will form an angry, torch-carrying mob the likes of which haven't been seen since the Witch Trials, and we will kick down the doors of Manure's office, dangle him outside of his window, and ensure you're never be taken off the field again.

If I have to watch one more confused bum play LB in slow motion and occasionally wheeze their way over to the action only to get bodyslammed into the Earth, I'm gonna fcking puke. These guys should just be given a camera and a press pass because they're always in perfect trailing position to get some great action shots, and there's never any risk of them making a tackle or hurting the equipment.

Sam is big, fast, and can hit. Manure needs to stop coaching like he's at the YMCA after school and let the real talent hit the field. The LBs hes trotting out are a mess.
I'm not going to trash the LB group like you, but Brooks pops of the screen. He's twitchy and needs to play a lot more snaps. I don't care if he makes mistakes. He makes plays the other LBs can't.

I'm not going to trash the LB group like you, but Brooks pops of the screen. He's twitchy and needs to play a lot more snaps. I don't care if he makes mistakes. He makes plays the other LBs can't.
I would understand if they were youngins, but McCloud is 5 years here and running away from the plays.. Jennings if its not in A gap he is useless.. Has to be straight ahead.. After that, nothing..

Advertisement
I would understand if they were youngins, but McCloud is 5 years here and running away from the plays.. Jennings if its not in A gap he is useless.. Has to be straight ahead.. After that, nothing..
I agree the younger guys need to play. I was very surprised to see Flagg in the game. He got schooled against Etienne and Clemson's misdirection. Where the **** is Huff? Didn't see him on the field. Brooks needs starter minutes. He's our most athletic LB.

I feel like we say this every year, that "Someone needs more minutes because someone else sucks". Don't get me wrong it's absolutely 1000% true Brooks needs starter minutes, but i'm tired of this cycle.

Honestly, it's a carbon copy of the Rousseau situation a couple years ago when we all lost our **** and questioned why he wasn't playing more.

That's Manny's side of the ball. The recruiting misses and misuse of rostered players falls on him considering how long he's been here now.

Advertisement
I agree the younger guys need to play. I was very surprised to see Flagg in the game. He got schooled against Etienne and Clemson's misdirection. Where the **** is Huff? Didn't see him on the field. Brooks needs starter minutes. He's our most athletic LB.
I thought Flagg was possibly at fault for the TE TD (although I don't know who had responsibilities - if it was man, it was his fault. He was pointing like it was zone tho).

He looked instinctive though - had a couple of nice reads on plays that I noticed. Just not a great athlete.

Made two really good plays and then disappeared from the game. Don't understand why they didn't keep him in game the following series.

Brooks needs to start he's definitely ready

Advertisement
Made two really good plays and then disappeared from the game. Don't understand why they didn't keep him in game the following series.

This same sentence applied to Rousseau in the not too distant past.

This defensive staff can't recruit and obviously has a problem identifying and/or taking inventory of the assets they DO have.

I was screaming to let Sam play. He literally saved two touchdowns. On his own. Gotta let him play. Season isn’t over yet. Zack is just not even serviceable. He gave up 14 points on his own. One to the tight end when he bit on the fake and the 72 yd Td run by etienne when he was demolished by the tight end.

this is the absolute worst linebacker play I’ve seen in the last 20 years. Seriously. Having said that, this game would have been A LOT closer if the refs didn’t extend 3 drives with some ******* ghost calls. They didn’t cost us the game, but they sure as **** ruined our momentum and extended drives multiple times.

quick story: Ray Lewis had 17 tackles as a true freshman against Colorado. They let him play. Not comparing brooks to Ray Lewis, but if someone is jumping out at you and making plays, LET THEM PLAY.

We have 3 LB corches. Three. Tres. Trois. Tre. Tri. Drei.

Yet it is consistently our weakest position. Pathetic recruiting. Pathetic development. When we actually have a guy that shows potential, he barely gets any playing time. This staph is beyond clueless.

Advertisement
We have 3 LB corches. Three. Tres. Trois. Tre. Tri. Drei.

Yet it is consistently our weakest position. Pathetic recruiting. Pathetic development. When we actually have a guy that shows potential, he barely gets any playing time. This staph is beyond clueless.
We have true frosh Corey Flagg getting major burn while Avery Huff rots away on the bench.

We have true frosh Corey Flagg getting major burn while Avery Huff rots away on the bench.
I’m in awe at how someone that slow actually got an offer to play here. He legit runs a 5.0. I was hoping to move on from slow backers after Shaq but this dude is on a another level of slow.

Baker and Manny are awful LB coaches. Anyone with a pulse can see that 6 should be in the game. This one isn’t that hard.

Advertisement
Back