Only hire Cristobal under one condition

Advertisement
Mario has had soft and terrible defenses at Oregon. He had a chance to get it right in the off season but he hired Tim DeRuyter who was a terrible DC at Texas A&M ( remember coordinators rarely change who they are). This is major red flag and why I favor Mark Stoops and Sam Pittman over him. The University should only hire Mario when he provides them with a list of top DC’s he could hire.
I thought you were going to say he has to fire up La caja China for Christmas and invite us over.

Mario has had soft and terrible defenses at Oregon. He had a chance to get it right in the off season but he hired Tim DeRuyter who was a terrible DC at Texas A&M ( remember coordinators rarely change who they are). This is major red flag and why I favor Mark Stoops and Sam Pittman over him. The University should only hire Mario when he provides them with a list of top DC’s he could hire.
This is like me walking up to a gorgeous girl at a bar and saying I’ll only have *** with you tonight if…

Yes that’s exactly what we want: our admin micro managing more hires when they can’t even get one right.
Lol. The premise of this thread is pretty funny. It's not even necessarily wrong but it's wildly unrealistic. If we get Mario he's gonna get whatever the **** he wants. The "conditions" will be completely dictated by his side.

Advertisement
That should make an attractive selling point when someone considers the job. Worked out well for Jimmy. We'll hire you, but you don't get the final say on your staff.

Better idea, don’t hire mario. If you’re going to roll the dice then roll with Herman

Advertisement
I think Mario is a good recruiter and a good but not great coach. I’m not totally sold on him being able to win a national title, but even if he’s not he should leave enough talent for the next guy to make a title run.

Lol who will Mario provide that list too? Blake ******* James

This is Mario’s 4th season as HC at Oregon. His previous DC were Jim Leavitt, who was hired by the previous HC (Taggart) and who he was forced to retain for one season. He replaced him with Andy Avalos who must have sucked so bad that he got fired 2 years….. oh wait no he actually got hired as the HC at Boise St.

You ever think that the defenses were soft and terrible because the previous coaches, Mark Helfrich and Willie Taggart were ****** recruiters? Because they were.

Mario’s 3 DC’s at FIU were Phil Galiano (Saints assistant), Geoff Collins (GT HC) and Todd Orlando (former Texas DC, current USC). He also had Scott Satterfield as his OC. AT FIU.

You hire Mario and let pick whoever the fvck he wants because he **** sure knows how to find very good coaches

bang head GIF

Advertisement
Mario is a quality HC but I don't believe he's the savior a lot of you think he is. It's going to take him multiple years to turn this thing around.
Who says that he’s a “savior”? Literally haven’t seen it once. Competent coaching and infrastructure for this program changes things quick. This is not some massive rebuild to win the Coastal and compete for the ACC.

Lol who will Mario provide that list too? Blake ******* James

This is Mario’s 4th season as HC at Oregon. His previous DC were Jim Leavitt, who was hired by the previous HC (Taggart) and who he was forced to retain for one season. He replaced him with Andy Avalos who must have sucked so bad that he got fired 2 years….. oh wait no he actually got hired as the HC at Boise St.

You ever think that the defenses were soft and terrible because the previous coaches, Mark Helfrich and Willie Taggart were ****** recruiters? Because they were.

Mario’s 3 DC’s at FIU were Phil Galiano (Saints assistant), Geoff Collins (GT HC) and Todd Orlando (former Texas DC, current USC). He also had Scott Satterfield as his OC. AT FIU.

You hire Mario and let pick whoever the fvck he wants because he **** sure knows how to find very good coaches
Mario already has a better coaching tree than richt lol

Advertisement

LOL, Taggart was only there for less than a year, but He still left Cristobal the #6 recruiting class in the Country at the time that He left.

And Taggart's been gone for 4 years now LOL, so Mario had plenty of time to fix the defense's shortcomings.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back