Only hire Cristobal under one condition

Mario has had soft and terrible defenses at Oregon. He had a chance to get it right in the off season but he hired Tim DeRuyter who was a terrible DC at Texas A&M ( remember coordinators rarely change who they are). This is major red flag and why I favor Mark Stoops and Sam Pittman over him. The University should only hire Mario when he provides them with a list of top DC’s he could hire.
Lol at us making the conditions of his hire.

Advertisement
LOL, Taggart was only there for less than a year, but He still left Cristobal the #6 recruiting class in the Country at the time that He left.

And Taggart's been gone for 4 years now LOL, so Mario had plenty of time to fix the defense's shortcomings.

So you try and disprove my argument with a lie? Taggart signed one class (2017) at Oregon. Rivals had it 18th and 247 had it 19th.

He was hired at FSU on December 5th 2017. Oregon finished their 2018 class ranked 13th, however they were ranked in low 20s when he left. Their top prospects Penei Sowell and Jalen Hall didn’t commit until Jan/Feb 2018.

Oregon’s 2019 class finished 7th both on Rivals and 247. Are you trying to give Taggart credit for a class that was signed well over a year after he left?

Now onto your second point. Here are Oregon’s total defensive rankings.

2018 - 38th (Leavitt)
2019 - 5th (Avalos)
2020- 70th (Avalos)
2021- 22nd (Deruyter)

Other than last year they have been pretty **** good,

So you try and disprove my argument with a lie? Taggart signed one class (2017) at Oregon. Rivals had it 18th and 247 had it 19th.

He was hired at FSU on December 5th 2017. Oregon finished their 2018 class ranked 13th, however they were ranked in low 20s when he left. Their top prospects Penei Sowell and Jalen Hall didn’t commit until Jan/Feb 2018.

Oregon’s 2019 class finished 7th both on Rivals and 247. Are you trying to give Taggart credit for a class that was signed well over a year after he left?

Now onto your second point. Here are Oregon’s total defensive rankings.

2018 - 38th (Leavitt)
2019 - 5th (Avalos)
2020- 70th (Avalos)
2021- 22nd (Deruyter)

Other than last year they have been pretty **** good,

Nahhhh, Taggart had the 6th ranked recruiting class in the Country when He was there, I remember because I checked 24/7 at the time.

And your second point just reinforces my point, Taggart & Helfrich have been gone for awhile now, so whatever shortcomings the defense has is on Cristobal.

Nahhhh, Taggart had the 6th ranked recruiting class in the Country when He was there, I remember because I checked 24/7 at the time.

And your second point just reinforces my point, Taggart & Helfrich have been gone for awhile now, so whatever shortcomings the defense has is on Cristobal.

Well there are no week to week rankings from 247 so I can’t disprove that but from reading Oregon 247 board from 2017 (they have threads going back to at least 2015) I never saw a mention of the 2017 class being that high. What I did read is they pulled Penei Sewell after Mario became HC because he hired away Washington State‘s DL coach and fellow Samoan and that Sewell‘s commitment was what caused their rankings to soar.

Taggart and Helfrich maybe have gone but they players were still there. Just like we don’t give Manny credit for Shaq and Pinckey when we talk about ****** LB play.

Oregon has the 22nd ranked defense right now and that includes a road win over Ohio St. and you think that is some kind of knock on Cristobal?

Advertisement
Back