Only Five states have In N Out Burger

Advertisement
I have no real affinity in the In-N-Out vs. 5 Guys debate. Been to both a handful of times, had been hearing about In-N-Out for years as an east coaster. Went to 5 Guys years before In-N-Out

It's not even remotely close. In-N-Out makes a great burger, on the cheap. 5 Guys makes a greasy deathtrap, at about 1.5x the price. I'm not saying 5 Guys is bad, but In-N-Out is better and less expensive.

Advertisement
Best burger I've ever had was at Hodad's on Ocean Beach.

We have Five Guys over here, although not very many of them. I'm partial to them if I'm eating junk food that day.

In N Out was the shizzle in LA but there’s several spots in Texas that crush.
Chains like Smashburger and Twisted Root (that elk burger) are better out here (TX),
But it’s a lil hole in the wall called Hideout burgers in Grand Prairie...
1547189439184.gif

Anyone in NYC know Royale Burger?

Still my favorite burger of all time. But single location. Also Taboo on Palm Beach. Good god that was a good cheeseburger.

Advertisement
Got to agree with this, 5 guys is solid but a bit overpriced tbqh. Have never had in and out before though
5 guys use to be worth every penny before they expanded. I know the brothers that started that place. They started with 3 stores in Va. The best burger and fries place in the beginning. Now I agree with you they are solid still.

overrated

Laughably overrated. I call it Minuscule and Mediocre. It's one of those places that people praise because they think it makes them fit in.

Other than smiley chirpy employees there is absolutely nothing to recommend the place.

Every 5 years or so I make the mistake of giving In N Out another try. What a joke. It is always minuscule and mediocre no matter where I visit, from Los Angeles to Las Vegas or most recently in Lake Havasu City.

Advertisement
Best burger I've ever had was at Hodad's on Ocean Beach.

We have Five Guys over here, although not very many of them. I'm partial to them if I'm eating junk food that day.
They also have a Hodad's in Downtown San Diego...solid place, always packed.

Whataburger ****s on In N Out

Absolutely. I love Whataburger. Always stop on drives back and forth from Las Vegas. Unfortunately the closest ones to Miami are in Jacksonville. But I hit those when in town for Players Championship golf.

BTW, the secret to controlling the price at 5 Guys is to order the double burger but then ask for a separate bun. I do it all the time and have never been turned down. They may look at me funny but they always do it. Then I merely transfer the second patty and half the toppings and it's two burgers for a much cheaper fare.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back