Only 10 Manny guys remaining on this roster

This thread has delivered

IMG_4407.gif

IMG_4408.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
So if he wins that or more will y'all then give him his credit for building a squad and a future in his image? I would almost bet anything short of #6 people on here will still complain.
If he wins 10 regular season games and has us as a legit contender in the acc I will give him credit. The future part is odd because I still see a lot of glaring holes that will again need to be addressed next offseason. Winning will earn him some leeway from me. What do you quantify as enough for this season?

If he wins 10 regular season games and has us as a legit contender in the acc I will give him credit. The future part is odd because I still see a lot of glaring holes that will again need to be addressed next offseason. Winning will earn him some leeway from me. What do you quantify as enough for this season?
In what world do we win 10 games but not COMPETE in the acc? I'd also like to know what these LOTS OF GLARING HOLES are. If you don't mind indulging me that is. We will be in the playoffs next season. Does that quantify my expectations for the season?

Advertisement
In what world do we win 10 games but not COMPETE in the acc? I'd also like to know what these LOTS OF GLARING HOLES are. If you don't mind indulging me that is. We will be in the playoffs next season. Does that quantify my expectations for the season?
10 wins should have us in competition for the ACC, but if those 2 losses are against ACC opponents we may not control our destiny. I don't want to get to deep in the woods but glaring holes was in reference to the future. In 2025 we will need at least:
QB
WR or 2
2 or 3 OL (LT, C, G)
3 or 4 DL (2 DT is customary, and we lose 2 DE)
3 or 4 DBs (DB room is not built for long term)
We always tend to add a LB

For me that is close to half of starters unknown.

10 wins should have us in competition for the ACC, but if those 2 losses are against ACC opponents we may not control our destiny. I don't want to get to deep in the woods but glaring holeswas in reference to the future. In 2025 we will need at least:
QB
WR or 2
2 or 3 OL (LT, C, G)
3 or 4 DL (2 DT is customary, and we lose 2 DE)
3 or 4 DBs (DB room is not built for long term)
We always tend to add a LB

For me that is close to half of starters unknown.
Maybe this is again me just seeing the value in words here. But your words were 10 regular season wins and COMPETING in the acc. Let's assume we do lose 2 games in the acc. I guess the thought then is at least 2 other teams going undefeated in the acc. Because if anything less than that happens I'd call that competition. Second these glaring holes. 2 classes again we put together a pretty good wr haul. Last year we had one of the best wr classes in the country. I'm saying this cause you said it's about the future. QB I don't care what any ranking says, I'll take Luke nickel over just about anyone. Assuming he sticks that is. Ok I'm not even gonna indulge that. Do we literally just had the best dline class in the country... Lb room we just added some **** good pieces. We will have one of the best lb classes in the country this year. DB I'm not gonna argue that at all. I do believe well have a great DB class this season. But as of where we are right now yeah I'll agree we need a lot still. All of the rest of these supposed glaring holes is simply proving my point that people here will complain just for the **** of it. We've had two top classes in a row and have proven talent acquisition is not something well ever take lightly. You literally said this is about glaring holes you see on our team moving forward. That this is about our future. How do you then simply throw away everything we've built these last two years and will build this season? You just said we need a lt a center and a guard... Basically an entire line... Ok Kool. I respect your opinion and I'll simply say I disagree. The only hole I see that is glaring that needs immediate attention is DB. That room needs tons of help. At safety and corner. But I also know Mario is more than aware of that and that's all I need to know.

Advertisement
Maybe this is again me just seeing the value in words here. But your words were 10 regular season wins and COMPETING in the acc. Let's assume we do lose 2 games in the acc. I guess the thought then is at least 2 other teams going undefeated in the acc. Because if anything less than that happens I'd call that competition. Second these glaring holes. 2 classes again we put together a pretty good wr haul. Last year we had one of the best wr classes in the country. I'm saying this cause you said it's about the future. QB I don't care what any ranking says, I'll take Luke nickel over just about anyone. Assuming he sticks that is. Ok I'm not even gonna indulge that. Do we literally just had the best dline class in the country... Lb room we just added some **** good pieces. We will have one of the best lb classes in the country this year. DB I'm not gonna argue that at all. I do believe well have a great DB class this season. But as of where we are right now yeah I'll agree we need a lot still. All of the rest of these supposed glaring holes is simply proving my point that people here will complain just for the **** of it. We've had two top classes in a row and have proven talent acquisition is not something well ever take lightly. You literally said this is about glaring holes you see on our team moving forward. That this is about our future. How do you then simply throw away everything we've built these last two years and will build this season? You just said we need a lt a center and a guard... Basically an entire line... Ok Kool. I respect your opinion and I'll simply say I disagree. The only hole I see that is glaring that needs immediate attention is DB. That room needs tons of help. At safety and corner. But I also know Mario is more than aware of that and that's all I need to know.
We got Hill but there’s some other CBs in the Portal who can also really help us now.

Maybe this is again me just seeing the value in words here. But your words were 10 regular season wins and COMPETING in the acc. Let's assume we do lose 2 games in the acc. I guess the thought then is at least 2 other teams going undefeated in the acc. Because if anything less than that happens I'd call that competition. Second these glaring holes. 2 classes again we put together a pretty good wr haul. Last year we had one of the best wr classes in the country. I'm saying this cause you said it's about the future. QB I don't care what any ranking says, I'll take Luke nickel over just about anyone. Assuming he sticks that is. Ok I'm not even gonna indulge that. Do we literally just had the best dline class in the country... Lb room we just added some **** good pieces. We will have one of the best lb classes in the country this year. DB I'm not gonna argue that at all. I do believe well have a great DB class this season. But as of where we are right now yeah I'll agree we need a lot still. All of the rest of these supposed glaring holes is simply proving my point that people here will complain just for the **** of it. We've had two top classes in a row and have proven talent acquisition is not something well ever take lightly. You literally said this is about glaring holes you see on our team moving forward. That this is about our future. How do you then simply throw away everything we've built these last two years and will build this season? You just said we need a lt a center and a guard... Basically an entire line... Ok Kool. I respect your opinion and I'll simply say I disagree. The only hole I see that is glaring that needs immediate attention is DB. That room needs tons of help. At safety and corner.
Glaring holes indeed. After this year there will be question marks at QB, RB, WR, TE. After the transfers leave most of the team is unproven (as of now).
But I also know Mario is more than aware of that and that's all I need to know.
Keep the faith

My words were CONTEND which means championship. Last year fsu was 8-0 Louisville was 7-1 and NC State was 6-2 in the ACC. I don't think NC state was a legit contender at 8-4. If we have the season Louisville just had I'd be ok with it. If we are 10-2 with loses to Syracuse and VT, we aren't contenders.

As far as 2025, I think you are nitpicking. QB is a glaring hole. Even if you think Luke is the best QB in the class TF starters are rare. Our history shows that we like veteran bodies on the interior of the OL and Samson is being torn down by the board as we speak. As far as the rest of the roster I think college football is in a spot where you have to manage the roster from close to scratch year to year. We have no idea which freshmen and sophmore will process out via the portal. The days of penciling in future starters is gone imo. The obvious returning starters don't need to be stated.

Advertisement
Glaring holes indeed. After this year there will be question marks at QB, RB, WR, TE. After the transfers leave most of the team is unproven (as of now).

Keep the faith
I always love lessons in sports on here. So now the point is they're unproven? So I guess because they're now unproven we have glaring holes. I can't with y'all. Some people just need this nagging in their lives. Because with this logic, if they're not a starter now then they're a glaring hole. Kids straight out of high school that the entire country wanted just won't cut it because clearly they should be playing at peak level right now.

My words were CONTEND which means championship. Last year fsu was 8-0 Louisville was 7-1 and NC State was 6-2 in the ACC. I don't think NC state was a legit contender at 8-4. If we have the season Louisville just had I'd be ok with it. If we are 10-2 with loses to Syracuse and VT, we aren't contenders.

As far as 2025, I think you are nitpicking. QB is a glaring hole. Even if you think Luke is the best QB in the class TF starters are rare. Our history shows that we like veteran bodies on the interior of the OL and Samson is being torn down by the board as we speak. As far as the rest of the roster I think college football is in a spot where you have to manage the roster from close to scratch year to year. We have no idea which freshmen and sophmore will process out via the portal. The days of penciling in future starters is gone imo. The obvious returning starters don't need to be stated.
... Man if after two top like 6 classes, and likely another one this year, our fans think we have so many glaring holes, I wonder what every other program thinks of their roster lol.

You're literally just equating losing starter with glaring hole. Idk why y'all think we live in a world where backups are proven at literally any other program.

I always love lessons in sports on here. So now the point is they're unproven? So I guess because they're now unproven we have glaring holes. I can't with y'all. Some people just need this nagging in their lives. Because with this logic, if they're not a starter now then they're a glaring hole. Kids straight out of high school that the entire country wanted just won't cut it because clearly they should be playing at peak level right now.
Bro I literally basically just responded same thing. Lol.

As far as 2025, I think you are nitpicking. QB is a glaring hole. Even if you think Luke is the best QB in the class TF starters are rare. Our history shows that we like veteran bodies on the interior of the OL and Samson is being torn down by the board as we speak. As far as the rest of the roster I think college football is in a spot where you have to manage the roster from close to scratch year to year. We have no idea which freshmen and sophmore will process out via the portal. The days of penciling in future starters is gone imo. The obvious returning starters don't need to

The board is tearing down Samson? You're kidding. The all knowing football geniuses on here are tearing down more kids who have already achieved more as children then 99% of them ever will. Pardon me if I just don't care. That's just another example of why I pay no mind to most opinions on here. All the rest of what you just said was the usual limbo line. Constant changing of the narrative. You went from saying all these glaring holes to talking about in this state of college football u have constant roster turnover. Either way I'm good. You are right sir. Have a nice night.
Comedy Central Cc GIF by Another Period

Advertisement
Back