Only 10 Manny guys remaining on this roster

Advertisement
Technically Wes too, even if he knew what was about to happen.

When I took an executive role at a previous company, I fired everyone I used to work with, solely because they weren’t “my guys”. I spent the next 3 months rebuilding the exact team I wanted, turned the company around and brought in record profits. Boatloads of cash. I used that success to leverage a position with a bigger rival company, with much better incentives and stock options. I then recruited/portaled the best from my previous team, and used the knowledge of that organization I’d gained to gut them in the marketplace, the repeated the process.

I understand Mario’s challenge better than most. My only regret is the personal relationships I made. They were a waste of time.

Wait, you were/are an "executive"?

We have stated this many times. Redding is not hitting the portal. He just got tapped man. The **** would you leave if your *** got tapped dude?

Advertisement
Technically Wes too, even if he knew what was about to happen.

When I took an executive role at a previous company, I fired everyone I used to work with, solely because they weren’t “my guys”. I spent the next 3 months rebuilding the exact team I wanted, turned the company around and brought in record profits. Boatloads of cash. I used that success to leverage a position with a bigger rival company, with much better incentives and stock options. I then recruited/portaled the best from my previous team, and used the knowledge of that organization I’d gained to gut them in the marketplace, the repeated the process.

I understand Mario’s challenge better than most. My only regret is the personal relationships I made. They were a waste of time.
A well calculated move. Straight out of Sun Tzu's ancient text, 'The Art of War.' Or my own master work, 'Zapp Brannigan's Big Book of War.'
1714400283357.png

9 is improvement but I need to see what happens against Florida. If Miami loses that game they aren’t winning more than 9 next year.
9 is improvement only because of how badly Mario underachieved in years 1 and 2.

We should have been at 9 wins by 2023. Most predicted 9 wins in 2022 and he had 5. Grossly underachieving does not give him the liberty to artificially lower the minimum expectations.

Should have won 7 games minimum in 2022. Maybe 8. 8 or 9 in 2023. 10+ in 2024.

Any national title head coach in the modern area had made a noticeable and significant improvement to the team by year 2.

Nobody can really make that argument for Mario at Miami up to this point. Heck, Manny Diaz won 8 games in year 2. You could argue that Mario has been WORSE 2 years in than Manny was. And that's plethora of more resources.

10 wins in 2024 (regular season) is the only type of season that can restore any of the hope Mario hopes to regain after all he's flushed away over the past 2 years. And even with 10 wins it still gives Mario the flexibility to most likely lose at least 1 game he's favored to win.

Edit: also, if we lose that game to UF, who's a dumpster fire right now and their head coach is probably on the hottest seat in the country, what does that say about Mario?

Can't imagine the average roster turnover in today's game to be that much different after three years.

What's the point of this thread?

Advertisement
We were on a run of uninterrupted good news, it was time to break that karma
Wait, this is in my cart, should I hold off?

We have stated this many times. Redding is not hitting the portal. He just got tapped man. The **** would you leave if your *** got tapped dude?
The same way everyone "assumes" he is going in the portal because he doesnt get many snaps also applies to "assuming" he wont leave because he just got tapped in. He could graduate in 3 weeks and decide to start his life outside of ball and not portal but just graduate.

I think the one thing we can agree on is he likely has options outside of the NFL and seems like a great character kid. IF he is serious about the NFL or at least giving it a shot, then I think he needs to transfer so he can put up tape in his last year of eligibility.

If he is not wanting to pursue an NFL dream then it may make sense for him to start his life. He is a 5th year. He may not want to still wake up at 5 am and work out and do all the football responsibilities when he is not going to pursue ball. Or maybe he wants a graduate degree from somewhere else and decides to transfer for an academic program.

Or last option, like you said he got tapped in, loves the school and wants to do it for one more year but either of the above scenarios would not surprise me.

Advertisement
Do we not consider guys that manny recruited and were committed prior to Mario? Some got processed before signing but there wasn’t time to scrap all of them even if Mario wanted to.

Jacurri, for instance, I know he already he already transferred out but I Mario recruits him if he was here for that full cycle.

That leaves Harris, Horton, and Markeith Williams as well
wasn't Jaden Harris a last minute pick up by Mario?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back