Online coverage of the Canes?

Where do you go on the Internet to get your UM sports fix?

I am an old-timer by most definitions but a late arrival to the world of fan sites.

I'm certain many of y'all are up to speed on any and all online coverage of the Canes, so I'd like to hear your 2 cents on the sites listed below as well as any others I am missing.

Newspaper sites
Miami Herald
Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel
Palm Beach Post

Fan sites
Cane Insight (Independent?)
State of The U (SB Nation)
Inside The U (247)
Cane Sport (Rivals)
Canes Time (Scout)

I really enjoy Cane Insight -- much thanks to the staff and everyone here for making this my No. 1 stop when I want to see what's up with the Hurricanes.

Advertisement
I read the Herald when Pete writes an article for them. If he doesn't, I will ocasionally read a Barry Jackson column. Besides that, I stick to this website and sometimes I'll read State of the U for different perspectives.

I am an old-timer by most definitions but a late arrival to the world of fan sites.

I'm certain many of y'all are up to speed on any and all online coverage of the Canes, so I'd like to hear your 2 cents on the sites listed below as well as any others I am missing.

Newspaper sites
Miami Herald
Palm Beach Post

Fan sites
Inside The U (247)
Cane Sport (Rivals)
Canes Time (Scout)

I really enjoy Cane Insight -- much thanks to the staff and everyone here for making this my No. 1 stop when I want to see what's up with the Hurricanes.

westendzone.com

Thank me later

Newspaper sites
Miami Herald
Palm Beach Post

Fan sites
Inside The U (247)
Cane Sport (Rivals)
Canes Time (Scout)

westendzone.com

Thank me later

That's a Gata site now.

Advertisement
The Barry Jackson/Pete spot in the Herald is as close as you're going to get to "breaking" or "inside" type info via the local mainstream media. Porter is competent at the Palm Beach Post but you'll probably notice some repetition of what you see here hours earlier. Feldman's Twitter & podcast is Cane heavy and fair nationally as long as you can excuse his admiration of CristoNoBalls. Is Dave Hyde the Sun Sentinel Canes guy? He always just seemed like Greg Cote-lite in my eyes and that's not really a compliment in relation to real Canes coverage. The Chirinos/Manny Navarro/SMD types all just basically provide bland background noise.

Advertisement
How I do it.

I Follow CaneInSight because I don't want to pay monthly to voice an opinion
I Follow 24/7 Miami because I love the CB feature and Rating system.. They're ranking are pretty in depth.
I Follow State of the U because they have good articles

To me. .
CIS is like a Public School. Everyone is wildin' .. Crazy post left and right.. sometimes annoying but keeps the board lively and entertaining.
24/7 Miami is like a Private School. Everyone is the same.. one outside of the box thought and you get spirit bomb'd with down votes and "troll" comments even if it makes sense when you think about it.

The Barry Jackson/Pete spot in the Herald is as close as you're going to get to "breaking" or "inside" type info via the local mainstream media. Porter is competent at the Palm Beach Post but you'll probably notice some repetition of what you see here hours earlier. Feldman's Twitter & podcast is Cane heavy and fair nationally as long as you can excuse his admiration of CristoNoBalls. Is Dave Hyde the Sun Sentinel Canes guy? He always just seemed like Greg Cote-lite in my eyes and that's not really a compliment in relation to real Canes coverage. The Chirinos/Manny Navarro/SMD types all just basically provide bland background noise.

As soon as Barry Jackson broke the Tate Forcier news, he cemented his legacy among Cane media greats.

I logon here for Canes info. for following reasons:

1. Peter Ariz
2. DWINSTITLES (videos are fantastic)
3. Brock Lesnar
4. Tweed
5. To read the words savages and "soft shouldered" multiple times daily.

This is the best source for Canes info hands down. Pete is plugged in and most of the posters here are passionate and realtisic.

The rest of the sites and reporters are only reporting what Pete has already alluded to. Pete is the first one into work and the last to leave when it comes to reporting on the "U".

Last edited:
Advertisement

Newspaper sites
Miami Herald
Palm Beach Post

Fan sites
Inside The U (247)
Cane Sport (Rivals)
Canes Time (Scout)

You familiar with a gentleman called Whoop?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back