One thing Im noticing in watching clips/highlights...

k9cane

Senior
of these dramatic wins is how engaged the players are - and I really mean the ones who aren't even playing that much or at all, how excited they are to see whats going on and to be a part of it. Guys like DJ Johnson(who's only getting spot duty) or a guy like Ahmonn Richards, who must be super disappointed by how his soph season has been hamstrung(literally) are really acting like we are as these magical moments occur. But these guys are really on the same page with one another and the staff and it's becoming infectious.

Yeah, some may think this is cornball stuff but I do think it's vital to winning organizations.

I bring this up because I do remember in the past as UM became more about "NFL U'' during the last few years of Coker we seemed to be devoid of this type of emotion from our guys as they were actually Miami Hurricanes. Yeah, I'll say it, I believe in the past we had a lot of guys thinking more about their future Sunday's than their current Saturday's while at Miami(I've been told as much by people I trust)

But this years squad, to see their emotions is great. Regardless of whatever shortcomings this seasons squad has, Im not conceding anything. The Cardiac Canes could be something special if they just get a bit healthier down the stretch.

Advertisement
hardin2.gif

of these dramatic wins is how engaged the players are - and I really mean the ones who aren't even playing that much or at all, how excited they are to see whats going on and to be a part of it. Guys like DJ Johnson(who's only getting spot duty) or a guy like Ahmonn Richards, who must be super disappointed by how his soph season has been hamstrung(literally) are really acting like we are as these magical moments occur. But these guys are really on the same page with one another and the staff and it's becoming infectious.

Yeah, some may think this is cornball stuff but I do think it's vital to winning organizations.

I bring this up because I do remember in the past as UM became more about "NFL U'' during the last few years of Coker we seemed to be devoid of this type of emotion from our guys as they were actually Miami Hurricanes. Yeah, I'll say it, I believe in the past we had a lot of guys thinking more about their future Sunday's than their current Saturday's while at Miami(I've been told as much by people I trust)

But this years squad, to see their emotions is great. Regardless of whatever shortcomings this seasons squad has, Im not conceding anything. The Cardiac Canes could be something special if they just get a bit healthier down the stretch.

Much better than our team throwing snowballs at each other during that bowl game 5ish years ago.

It really is great seeing Richards be so happy for his teammates. One of his first games back someone scored a TD and he was so ecstatic.

Demaryius Thomas on my Broncos is the opposite. He'll sulk a little after we score a TD if it's not him, and even shook his head when he didn't get the TD pass when he was open but Sanders scored. Things like that really affect a team.

Advertisement

Much better than our team throwing snowballs at each other during that bowl game 5ish years ago.

It really is great seeing Richards be so happy for his teammates. One of his first games back someone scored a TD and he was so ecstatic.

Demaryius Thomas on my Broncos is the opposite. He'll sulk a little after we score a TD if it's not him, and even shook his head when he didn't get the TD pass when he was open but Sanders scored. Things like that really affect a team.

The Corey Maggette syndrome

k9, agreed and i noticed the same thing. instead of the stoic business like approach, almost a youthful childish (in a good way) excitement like they are kids having fun.

Advertisement
yeah i think what k9 and i'm talking about is even back during the 2000-2003 years players didn't react like this.

Advertisement
yeah i think what k9 and i'm talking about is even back during the 2000-2003 years players didn't react like this.

Yes, it was almost too business-like, IMO, at times

That Dorsey/Reed period was really the antithesis of the 80s Canes in terms of the personality of the team. They weren't out there to whup your *** and then hot dog. They were out there to whup your ***, period.

Advertisement
I feel like that turnover chain has also taken the sideline celebration/craziness to another level. The offense must be jealous. LOL

Heya K9

Were you at the game Saturday? If so....I dare say I haven't seen the kids ever act like that for a non-FSU or UF game.

Heya K9

Were you at the game Saturday? If so....I dare say I haven't seen the kids ever act like that for a non-FSU or UF game.

Yes, absolutely I was. Had a great time during my stay in SoFlorida( thanks to DMoney and Peter Ariz). And yeah, you can tell these kids are having fun and really engaged - and the crowd and the players really fed off of one another. It was like the big games of the past at the Orange Bowl. But check out this video( it really showcases what Im talking about):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNRpENvbaIM

Advertisement
Back