One thing Im noticing in watching clips/highlights...

of these dramatic wins is how engaged the players are - and I really mean the ones who aren't even playing that much or at all, how excited they are to see whats going on and to be a part of it. Guys like DJ Johnson(who's only getting spot duty) or a guy like Ahmonn Richards, who must be super disappointed by how his soph season has been hamstrung(literally) are really acting like we are as these magical moments occur. But these guys are really on the same page with one another and the staff and it's becoming infectious.

Yeah, some may think this is cornball stuff but I do think it's vital to winning organizations.

I bring this up because I do remember in the past as UM became more about "NFL U'' during the last few years of Coker we seemed to be devoid of this type of emotion from our guys as they were actually Miami Hurricanes. Yeah, I'll say it, I believe in the past we had a lot of guys thinking more about their future Sunday's than their current Saturday's while at Miami(I've been told as much by people I trust)

But this years squad, to see their emotions is great. Regardless of whatever shortcomings this seasons squad has, Im not conceding anything. The Cardiac Canes could be something special if they just get a bit healthier down the stretch.

Heya K9

Were you at the game Saturday? If so....I dare say I haven't seen the kids ever act like that for a non-FSU or UF game.

Yes, absolutely I was. Had a great time during my stay in SoFlorida( thanks to DMoney and Peter Ariz). And yeah, you can tell these kids are having fun and really engaged - and the crowd and the players really fed off of one another. It was like the big games of the past at the Orange Bowl. But check out this video( it really showcases what Im talking about):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNRpENvbaIM

I have never seen our fan base and team simultaneously lose their minds like they did when the storm hit on Saturday. It was LOUD.......VERY loud......

The commentators were saying (watching the replay) how the rain would benefit Georgia Tech and hearing their reaction to what took place was hysterical.

"Win and they will come".

Advertisement
hardin1.gif

RIP

Had more heart than most on that team.

He's dead??

Was tragically shot dead in Tennessee

****...I missed that. Sad news...

Police: Willa Drive shooting was self-defense

I was born in 82’ and my family had season tickets in the WEZ my entire life. I remember growing up watching the Hurricanes playing with passion and fire. On top of that, they fed off that OB crowd. There was clearly a strong connection between the players and the fans back in those days. You see it all over the U documentaries each time they celebrated. Against GT, I saw a lot of that again. Our entire team telling the crowd to get loud. Haven’t seen that in years. Hopefully, our fans continue to come to the games with the attitude of getting loud and supporting the team like the old days.

Be part of the game.

I was born in 82’ and my family had season tickets in the WEZ my entire life. I remember growing up watching the Hurricanes playing with passion and fire. On top of that, they fed off that OB crowd. There was clearly a strong connection between the players and the fans back in those days. You see it all over the U documentaries each time they celebrated. Against GT, I saw a lot of that again. Our entire team telling the crowd to get loud. Haven’t seen that in years. Hopefully, our fans continue to come to the games with the attitude of getting loud and supporting the team like the old days.

Be part of the game.

My first OB game( after years of seeing Miami road games) was the 1998 Hurricane Bowl vs Ucla. It was incredible. I have never heard 48,000 be so loud during that last quarter. There was a real magic to that place. We can create something similar at Hard Rock when this thing gets rolling...

Be part of the game.

My first OB game( after years of seeing Miami road games) was the 1998 Hurricane Bowl vs Ucla. It was incredible. I have never heard 48,000 be so loud during that last quarter. There was a real magic to that place. We can create something similar at Hard Rock when this thing gets rolling...

Maybe it's just that it was my first game at the new place (I live in MD), but I think it all changed at the FSU game last year. That place was, well it approached the electricity of the ole OB, and it was LOUD!!! When the entire crowd nearly revolted and started throwing crap on the field after that bogus call, it was a taste of pure mayhem. As much as I miss the OB, I truly think these renovations and the energy around the program right now have laid the groundwork for the serious potential that we could once again have the best home field advantage in all of sports. There is NOTHING like the energy of Miami+the Hurricanes kicking ***. Add in a state of the art stadium designed to hold and amplify the noise... it's a great time to be a Miami Hurricane!!!!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back