ONE Running Back Played All Game

Advertisement
TrumpyCane wants to apologize for the offensive performance this season

TrumpyCane has been taking Lashlee out clubbing night before games, clearly Rhett can’t handle all the hookers and cocaine

Will start a reward program for Lashlee, score 35+ a game and he gets one snort

44 yards rushing and we couldnt get another running back in the game for a carry or two?

Noon game in September and these incompetent idiots playing one running back every single snap of the game, save for one play, the reverse to Harley where Cody Brown came in to decoy. Pulled out after that play and brought Cam Harris' worn out *** back in the game.

The incompetence of this staff knows no boundaries.
To be fair, he didn’t run very far so his legs were still fresh.

With that porous OL, you need a back with extreme wiggle. And Cam ain't even close.

Brown got in but no carries whatsoever. Asslee at his finest.

We ran 90 snaps on saturday. Cam Harris took 88 of them.

Thanks for the info. I was watching intently from my seat. I must have missed the other play when Harris was not in. I know one was Harley's reverse. Can you tell us what the other play was and who was in?

Advertisement
With that porous OL, you need a back with extreme wiggle. And Cam ain't even close.

Brown got in but no carries whatsoever. Asslee at his finest.
Wrecked Asslee is riding the coat-tails of Malzahn and Dykes but he'll be coaching high school next year. His "trick plays" are laugh out loud horrible and so slow developing. How about the one play where Rambo went in motion, circled back, lined up at RB, and then just stood there while we threw another hitch to the boundary.

Wrecked Asslee is riding the coat-tails of Malzahn and Dykes but he'll be coaching high school next year. His "trick plays" are laugh out loud horrible and so slow developing. How about the one play where Rambo went in motion, circled back, lined up at RB, and then just stood there while we threw another hitch to the boundary.

Albert Einstein Vintage GIF by US National Archives

Thanks for the info. I was watching intently from my seat. I must have missed the other play when Harris was not in. I know one was Harley's reverse. Can you tell us what the other play was and who was in?
Cody Brown had the other two snaps at RB. I honestly don't remember when it was but I believe they were two consecutive snaps. So I guess the play after that.

something else I thought was interesting: Supposedly Arroyo plaid 20 snaps. I definitely didn't notice him in that much. and Restrepo had 35 snaps. Does special teams count as snaps? Was Restrepo on the field that much?

Advertisement
Think of it like this: Chaney went down early in the 2nd quarter against App State.

Cam Harris has now played 6.5 consecutive quarters at running back, save for ONE PLAY (Harley's reverse).

That's beyond insane.
I'd say - 11 carries & 7 receptions isn't enough for Cam to be fatigued. That alone isn't much work.

If Cam is further advanced than the Freshman RB's - then it was the right call to play Cam the whole game (which is what I predicted would happen).

I know Cam's results have been frustrating, but that doesn't necessarily mean Brown/Franklin are any better.

Cody Brown had the other two snaps at RB. I honestly don't remember when it was but I believe they were two consecutive snaps. So I guess the play after that.

something else I thought was interesting: Supposedly Arroyo plaid 20 snaps. I definitely didn't notice him in that much. and Restrepo had 35 snaps. Does special teams count as snaps? Was Restrepo on the field that much?
He was, but king didn’t have time, had happy feet and was late on several throws. We had multiple receivers open all day. I kept yelling Throw The Ball!!!

I definitely remember seeing Arroyo in the game for at least a dozen plays or so. Twenty snaps seems about right according to my memory. I don't recall seeing Restrepo in there for 35 plays but he definitely played a fair amount. I can see 35 possibly being accurate.

As for Cody Brown, I remember seeing him come in for the last play of the 3rd quarter (the Harley reverse). After that play there was a 4 minute TV timeout. When play resumed Cam Harris was back in.

I'll rewatch the game when I get back to California and see if I can verify some of these numbers. Thanks again for the info.

Advertisement
I'd say - 11 carries & 7 receptions isn't enough for Cam to be fatigued. That alone isn't much work.

If Cam is further advanced than the Freshman RB's - then it was the right call to play Cam the whole game (which is what I predicted would happen).

I know Cam's results have been frustrating, but that doesn't necessarily mean Brown/Franklin are any better.

Only considering Harris's 18 touches is not a fair assessment. He played every single play except for one. That's far too much work.

More to the point, Chaney went down early 2nd quarter against App State. I understood Harris getting every snap the rest of that game as Cody Brown & Thad Franklin were 3 & 4 on the depth chart and likely did not get any live reps that week. However, not getting them in the game for Michigan State when Manny and Lashlee had a full week to prepare one of them is a sign of incompetence IMO.

Even if you dont trust them to carry the ball, they could have provided some needed rest for Harris. Noon game in September at that.

Harris has now played every single snap for 6.5 consecutive quarters at running back, with the exception of one play (Harley's reverse). Is it your expectation that Harris will play every rep between now and the NC State game when Knighton returns from suspension (with the exception of Central Connecticut Culinary School game)?

Only considering Harris's 18 touches is not a fair assessment. He played every single play except for one. That's far too much work.

More to the point, Chaney went down early 2nd quarter against App State. I understood Harris getting every snap the rest of that game as Cody Brown & Thad Franklin were 3 & 4 on the depth chart and likely did not get any live reps that week. However, not getting them in the game for Michigan State when Manny and Lashlee had a full week to prepare one of them is a sign of incompetence IMO.

Even if you dont trust them to carry the ball, they could have provided some needed rest for Harris. Noon game in September at that.

Harris has now played every single snap for 6.5 consecutive quarters at running back, with the exception of one play (Harley's reverse). Is it your expectation that Harris will play every rep between now and the NC State game when Knighton returns from suspension (with the exception of Central Connecticut Culinary School game)?

Zion, Oluwasen, and Gaynor played all the snaps on the OL. King played every snap at QB. Should we have been playing our backup LT and Center for a couple snaps too to give them some rest? Should King have come out? See what I'm saying?

There's plenty of things to pick on Mario for - but I don't see this as one of them IMO. The way I see it, Cam played the best I've seen him play in the 4th vs App St. Fatigue was not a problem vs App St or vs Mich St. I really don't think playing Brown 5-10 snaps vs 2 snaps makes much of a difference - so I just don't think Cam playing every snap is a sign of coaching incompetence.

What I said before the Michigan St game and what I still feel is going to happen is:

"I'd say - Expect Cam to do all the heavy lifting vs Michigan St. Brown maybe gets 1-2 carries. You'll see plenty of Brown & Franklin vs Central Conn. Then expect Cam & Knighton as the 1-2 punch from there on out (barring injuries or late season collapse).

Basically - unless it's a blowout, I wouldn't expect to see the freshman RB's"

Last edited:
Zion, Oluwasen, and Gaynor played all the snaps on the OL. King played every snap at QB. Should we have been playing our backup LT and Center for a couple snaps too to give them some rest? Should King have come out? See what I'm saying?

There's plenty of things to pick on Mario for - but I don't see this as one of them IMO. The way I see it, Cam played the best I've seen him play in the 4th vs App St. Fatigue was not a problem vs App St or vs Mich St. I really don't think playing Brown 5-10 snaps vs 2 snaps makes much of a difference - so I just don't think Cam playing every snap is a sign of coaching incompetence.

What I said before the Michigan St game and what I still feel is going to happen is:

"I'd say - Expect Cam to do all the heavy lifting vs Michigan St. Brown maybe gets 1-2 carries. You'll see plenty of Brown & Franklin vs Central Conn. Then expect Cam & Knighton as the 1-2 punch from there on out (barring injuries or late season collapse).

Basically - unless it's a blowout, I wouldn't expect to see the freshman RB's"
Not a good comparison on snaps. The offense line plays every snap with contact. King handles the ball every snap. Cam dad 18 touches. Apples to oranges.

Advertisement
Not a good comparison on snaps. The offense line plays every snap with contact. King handles the ball every snap. Cam dad 18 touches. Apples to oranges.

Right - but I'm sure the beating our OL & QB took in this game was more tiring than Cam's 18 touches, so I don't see "fatigue" as a factor.

Now if Cam got 25-30 carries in this game, then I'd agree that he'd probably need to rest for at least 1 or 2 series. And I don't think a RB taking all snaps over the course of the season is sustainable. But for 1 game, it's not that big of a deal. And I think this is the only game where we're going to see Cam take all the snaps.

Change of pace? Jaylen needs to start until Donnie comes back.
Jaylan was in-line to start back during the Duke game. Then got hurt. Hopefully he’s been doing the right things to take over when he gets his opportunity

Advertisement
Back