One on One with N'Kosi Perry

Advertisement
I just want to see this kid in action. He has great intangibles, but we keep hearing about his arm strength. I wanna see this kid let it rip! Hope he gets a chance to shine this year.

He's gonna be a playmaker! Can't wait for the stats from the scrimmage today.
tenor.gif

If he were here in the Spring I think he would already have this thing locked up.

Even with that said, the fact he still has a shot to start with such a short time speaks volumes as to how good he can be.

I wouldn't be shocked one bit if he's not named the starter, because Richt tends to go with the more sure thing, but I'm curious to see if Perry will be redshirted if he's not the starter.

Ordinarily, you Red a Frosh QB that isn't going to start, but I'm guessing that depends on how Rosier/Shirreffs perform in the scrimmages.

He can get valuable reps in the 2nd halves of games like Bethune, Ark St, Toledo, Cuse etc., or he might just get the shirt & the QB comp for 2018 will be even crazier, especially if one of the upperclassmen find a way to win us 10 games.

I think he should play this year for the reasons you outlined. But I would also redshirt Sits next year to get him ready, and to get some separation between the 2.

I totally agree, but there's something different about Perry. He's a gamer and hopefully he'll learn the ropes quick.

Advertisement
Yeah, I agree that regardless of who wins the starting spot to open the season, Perry will see game action this year.

Now, to open Pandora's box: What if Evan Shireffs is named the started and he balls out this year. Wins 10+ games, throws 30 touchdown passes, maybe manages a win in Trailerhassee? Does Rich redshirt Perry next season and ride the Evan train? (Or Malik, whichever you prefer to use in this hypothetical)

LoL. Do you know how quarterbacks at Miami have thrown 30 touchdown passes in a season? None. Miami is finishing 11-1 if Shirreffs (or Rosier) throws 30 touchdown passes especially with this defense, which will be better than advertised in my opinion. Delaney and Dean fixed any corner concerns. Shirreffs (or Rosier) becomes our guy and Perry is the heir apparent. I'm good with that. When Miami was dominant you waited your turn patiently and left balled out when you became "the guy". That being said Perry is going to get his chance and probably very early.

30 touchdowns isn't as far fetched these days. Especially since they play 12 regular season games and post season stats are now official. 30 TD passes over a 14 game schedule isn't ridiculous.

Advertisement
Back