One observation

I have no info on this, but i am a professional tea leaf reader.

There is more SEC money floating around this year than in recent past.

UM is stuck in a never ending NCAA investigation. NCAA is on the ropes with PSU, USC etc. SEC is flush with power after every NC in years. And they see a window into So Fla. FSU is screwed up, so the alternate option isnt set. Boom.

I don't know this. But i'd bet on it.

I've been saying this for a while. This is the most vulnerable we may ever be, and our enemies are capitalizing with a negative recruiting blitzkrieg and/or duffel bags. I've never seen it like this where it's been like pulling teeth to get the obvious local studs. We only have Carter and Burns committed right now, and even Burns was eyeing LSU heavily.

I think we'll fine once we clear this final hurdle, but this recruiting cycle has been challenging to say the least. And with some of the rumors floating off the board...

Advertisement
FSU boosters have to be spending right now.

Ole Miss is acting like that furloughed guy who got mike dukakas not elected.

Arkansas will be a spendin.

Abalama, i dunno. They have a lot to sell. But their kids aint wantin'. Their cup runneth over.

Where's auburn, is what i wanna know?

Auburn has an average payroll this year.

Bama is the worst. Hands down. They employ PAUL GONELLA AND NUNZ! Enough said. Don't EVER think they aren't spending. Where Golden has to fight til NSD...Bama throws some cash. Nick Saban isn't scrambling til NSD.

I think the fact that coaches are able to absolutely murder us with the "impending sanctions" line is playing a much bigger part than schools throwing cash around like a ***** at KOD.

The only thing that's given me a little pause in the all out Ole Miss hate is that McGriff is there and from everything I have heard my understanding is he's a pretty straight shooter.

Advertisement
So you don't think that Ol' Miss is upgrading the library with all the ESPN and bowl money?

The only thing that's given me a little pause in the all out Ole Miss hate is that McGriff is there and from everything I have heard my understanding is he's a pretty straight shooter.

don't think its the coaches but their boosters

So out of interest, bearing in mind how dumb a lot of these kids are (posting pics on twitter of themselves with bundles and bundles of cash), how difficult would it be for the NCAA to bust Ole Miss, Clemson etc if they wanted to?

I'd imagine quite easy.

Advertisement

Abalama, i dunno. They have a lot to sell. But their kids aint wantin'. Their cup runneth over.

Bama is the worst. Hands down. They employ PAUL GONELLA AND NUNZ! Enough said. Don't EVER think they aren't spending. Where Golden has to fight til NSD...Bama throws some cash. Nick Saban isn't scrambling til NSD.

This is a guy i listen to. Fwiw.

Take this for what you want, first, to those who think or make the claims it's only said because it happened to us, no it does happen. I know this for a fact, I have some friends in schools that had some top recruits, one for example got a visit from Saban and the next day he is sporting brand new Beats By Dre Headphones, and yes it came from Bama, other things I know is the payola rigs that assistant coaches in high school have going on with schools, like these "camps" that kids go to and coaches go as "volunteers". Trust me it does go on.

Now without going into details, there are some of these recruits that I know for a fact that was being "recruited" by other schools, like Bama, and still ended up at UM. The details of how they still chose us, don't know, but to assume that only they do and we don't, is also ludicrous. In fact I was happy to believe that we are playing the "game" with all the other boys, the fact of the matter is, it does exist, even Omar Kelly who covered the Canes and recruiting for 6 years admitted it today on twitter. The difference is, here it is more difficult than in other places because of where we are, and also at the end of the day, those schools have much more control and deeper pockets than we do, so where as a school like Ole Miss, can go crazy, like they definitely are this year, Miami has to be choosier and much more careful than others.

But make no mistake, it does happen, it does go on, and all the big boys, including us are dirty, it is the nature of the beast.

And don't worry men, if by any chance I am called in for questioning by investigators about UM, I have already placed a false tooth with a cyanide pill in my mouth and will bite on it on sight.

Last edited:
Probably true. I think we close strong still and don't get Kirkland so....

Grace, Collins, Lockley, Thomas, Edwards, Robinson, Bostwick, Bryant and Coley

It wouldn't surprise me if we signed some other OL too.

Al gets it done!

There have been rumors about Thomas and SEC money since December, and rumors about Robinson and LSU for even longer. Serious amounts of money to, nothing we could dream of matching. Yesterday was the first I'd heard of anything going on with Kirkland. Give it a few weeks, it will all come out.

Advertisement

that's where Paul Goomba Gonella landed? Jiminey Christmas - that dude is the missling link in recruiting circles.

Exactly, and it seems the story for all the big targets are the same; "Ole Miss has come from nowhere to become a front runner." Don't make sense. Something stinks to high heaven and it Frank Beamers butt face.

Exactly, and it seems the story for all the big targets are the same; "Ole Miss has come from nowhere to become a front runner." Don't make sense. Something stinks to high heaven and it Frank Beamers butt face.

I was hearing some rumors back a few months ago the booster cash was getting thrown around in Oxford. Nothing concrete but I don't think you have to be too brilliant to figure out what's going on here.

Advertisement

I was hearing some rumors back a few months ago the booster cash was thrown around in Oxford. Nothing concrete but I don't think you have to be too brilliant to figure out what's going on here.

Its probably Michael Oher's adopted parents

Why the inclusion of FSU in a statement about SEC schools? It could be happening, but it ain't like FSU has tons of monied boosters running around everywhere

Which remaining targets of our are being heavily courted by SEC teams? Thomas by Bama; Robinson by LSU; Collins by Arkansas. Anyone else?

Bostwick by UF/ Bama

This is not one of those "every guy is getting paid" situations. In a sense, places like Bama have it down to a science IMO. They spent money on a great coach, threw dufflebags with money early and often, created a powerhouse where kids want to go, and now are assassin-like with money when need be. That's my take. They don't need to spend money most of the time, but when they want to go into Fl and compete against the Big 3, and particularly for SoFla divas, they do what they need to do. When do spend, it's down to a science.

I have no factual evidence one way or the other, but, like ESF, it doesn't take a lot to connect dots after all this time of watching the same nonsense.

The only way to break the cycle is to win. Golden has to win.

I was hearing some rumors back a few months ago the booster cash was thrown around in Oxford. Nothing concrete but I don't think you have to be too brilliant to figure out what's going on here.

Its probably Michael Oher's adopted parents

Fckin Tim McGraw

Advertisement
Back