One name to track who has a decision to make

Advertisement
The thing you are both ignoring is a 6th-year college prospect doesn't dramatically improve his draft status. He is unlikely to shoot up draft boards coming back. Shoot, we better go into the portal and find a better DT with or without JHH, otherwise we're screwed.

I'm basing my opinion of the original post from Ariz. If he has a 'serious chance to get drafted' he should go and we should have no hard feelings for him. If he does get drafted, he will make more guaranteed money than what he stands to make from NIL.
I have no hard feelings. He has been an attribute to this program. I just stated my opinion as if it were my son and I would advise him to take the GUARANTEED NIL $ and further his education as a building block for his future whether it is the league or not. I respect his decision either way

Advertisement
I fully expect him to leave. He’s been here for 5 years and has a chance to get drafted. It sucks for Miami but not his fault they can’t recruit DTs.
He could possibly make more in college for one yr than nfl. Practice squad players don’t make much

It's like we never learn.JHH has "draft buzz" , he'll be a late round pick or UDFA and maybe make roster. Probably become the next cautionary tale about not going back to school. Don't buy the bs the best decision is to get a decent NIL continue your free education and build on that 2nd half of the season. Don't be a Yearby, Streeter, or the Clemson Oline transfer we had at OG awhile back.

It's like we never learn.JHH has "draft buzz" , he'll be a late round pick or UDFA and maybe make roster. Probably become the next cautionary tale about not going back to school. Don't buy the bs the best decision is to get a decent NIL continue your free education and build on that 2nd half of the season. Don't be a Yearby, Streeter, or the Clemson Oline transfer we had at OG awhile back.
Facts. Limited film. Average overall athlete. Lucky to be a 6th or 7th rounder. Would behoove him to stay.

Could be wrong, but I remember reading reports that they expect him to grow into a DT.
I'm no expert or insider but having seen him in person on a few occasions, I doubt that. He's a real 6'7". He's not thin and is likely in the 260+ range, but with his height and length, I don't ever see him putting on that kind of weight to move inside. Think of Rousseau now. That's kind of how he's built. The 6'6"+ guys that play inside tend to be the super thick, sturdy, types (think of John Henderson and Darryl Gardener). I don't think he's got that kind of frame. I think he's DE all the way.

Advertisement
I'm no expert or insider but having seen him in person on a few occasions, I doubt that. He's a real 6'7". He's not thin and is likely in the 260+ range, but with his height and length, I don't ever see him putting on that kind of weight to move inside. Think of Rousseau now. That's kind of how he's built. The 6'6"+ guys that play inside tend to be the super thick, sturdy, types (think of John Henderson and Darryl Gardener). I don't think he's got that kind of frame. I think he's DE all the way.
He is a perfect defensive end in a 3 man front and I think thats the role he will play. Kind of a tweener in a 4-3 or 4-2-5

So if he stays, the DT rotation next year could be JHH, Burroughs (if he does stay), Gore, Campbell, Horton, Moten, Scott, and Jones?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back