One called not talked about

ThomasM

Retired from college football
Early in the game we hit a deep pass and their defender grabs our WR's jersey and slings him to the ground well out of bounds. The official reaches for his flag, then decides not to throw it. It was pretty darn clear, to me, that he grabbed his jersey after he was out and slung him down by it. So why didn't he throw the flag?

Advertisement
All around it was a weirdly officiated game. The Huskers had a couple of calls against them as well. They had one call negate a big play. And I was surprised on the PF on the Nebraska OLineman out of bounds, even though it was obvious. I don't think I've ever seen a 15 yarder on the bench though. That's pretty crazy. Those refs must've been really tired of hearing it from Al. Too bad he wasn't miked up for the game.

I thought the exact same thing. I saw a few other holding calls not called. That was complete garbage of a game by the refs.

That was a personal foul. They just didn't call it. The hit by Kirby out of bounds wasn't called either.

It was a fuucked up game by the refs, no doubt about it.

I've never seen a coach on any team the past couple years get 3 sideline calls all year, much less in one game.

Advertisement
Golden and Dorito's sideline penalties were legit inexcusable. If that was a player, they'd be running scout team this week. Now THERE'S an idea!

As I always said, I don't hate on Al...he is what he is and this program is just too big for him. He looked really frazzled yesterday. I know it happens to everyone but he has a consistent pattern of this nonsense for 5 years now. It's on the ADMIN..always has been

the refs looked ****ed at Golden for all the yelling he did and gave us no breaks and if the call was 50/50 it never ended in our favor

Should've been 50 on them. Refs can call MORE penalties on team A, but call more timely penalties against B, giving team A a huge advantage. You think refs don't try to give the illusion of fairness? What's more damaging, a holding call that takes away a TD, or a false start? You have to look at the quality of the penalties.

Remember the abortion of a game we played against UT back in 2003? That was one of the ugliest games I ever saw. The refs helped UT BIG TIME on their only TD scoring drive by calling penalties against us that didn't exist. Also, remember the 15 harder on Winslow for taking his helmet off, when it had been knocked off, and he was simply trying to get it back on right? Guess what happened to that crew.... They were awarded the SEC championship game that year. Why? They got the SEC their biggest OOC win of the year. Maybe for a few years.

Conference officials have it down to a science. They will NEVER call 20 penalties against the OOC team and none on their own. That would be too obvious. They need to make it look like it was a fairly called game. Those numbers, 12 and 13, speak to that. Seems to me they were trying to get the number close so they could say, "Hey, just look at the final penalty numbers! We called an even game!" Except some penalties are more costly than others, and those NOT CALLED often give a team a really big advantage.
12 Penalties on them and 13 against UM - stop it

Advertisement
I am talking about it right now, hit [MENTION=1148]pook187[/MENTION] for specifics

Should've been 50 on them. Refs can call MORE penalties on team A, but call more timely penalties against B, giving team A a huge advantage. You think refs don't try to give the illusion of fairness? What's more damaging, a holding call that takes away a TD, or a false start? You have to look at the quality of the penalties.

Remember the abortion of a game we played against UT back in 2003? That was one of the ugliest games I ever saw. The refs helped UT BIG TIME on their only TD scoring drive by calling penalties against us that didn't exist. Also, remember the 15 harder on Winslow for taking his helmet off, when it had been knocked off, and he was simply trying to get it back on right? Guess what happened to that crew.... They were awarded the SEC championship game that year. Why? They got the SEC their biggest OOC win of the year. Maybe for a few years.

Conference officials have it down to a science. They will NEVER call 20 penalties against the OOC team and none on their own. That would be too obvious. They need to make it look like it was a fairly called game. Those numbers, 12 and 13, speak to that. Seems to me they were trying to get the number close so they could say, "Hey, just look at the final penalty numbers! We called an even game!" Except some penalties are more costly than others, and those NOT CALLED often give a team a really big advantage.

Yeah, jeez. They took two scores off the board for Christsake. Walton had the best game nobody knows about because the plays didn't count.

Advertisement

Now check the type and timeliness of those respective penalties. I guarantee you the calls were not even as far as the impact they had on the outcome of the game for each team.

they got away with multiple pass interference calls. the last 2 fgs in the first half were because they got away with pass inference in our red zone.

The first sideline warning on Golden was when he ran out on the field to point out they had 12 in formation...and he was right. They actually had 13 right before, and that still wasn't flagged. Kinda thought they should have eaten that flag because it was obvious whoever was counting players wasn't doing it.

Advertisement
Every complaint about the refs is true BUT can you imagine Alfredo today if the players had reacted in a manner that almost cost us the game as he did? Accountability is a limited applied pillar, I guess.

Its a difference between saban busting your chops and golden barking in your ear. The sabans and myers' can get away with it. With Golden, your like who the *** is this guy. He should have learned his lesson when he got the sideline warning

Did you see that nice catch the back judge made on that pass from the referee to tie the score at the end?

Advertisement
Back